Mojo 730 vs Team 1040 - who do you like better

Who do you like better on the Lions and CFL coverage:

The Moj - Bob Marjanovich at AM 730 Mojo or Dave Pratt - Team 1040 (Pratt and Don Taylor?

I prefer Bob Marjanovich as he knows football (player and coach) and really gets the best of his guests whatever sport he is on about. He has lots of guests too.

Last season, he was doing a segment with Warren Moon and had Tom Wilkinson on the line pretending to be a fan and asking Moon why he didn't have the body shape of Wilky. Moon didn't fall for it as he recognized the voice and gave the answer that he was not the Wilky diet.

I am not a Dave Pratt fan. He was saying to Joe Papao just before the BC - Ottawa game 'wasn't last year the WORST YEAR OF YOUR LIFE?" when Joe just quietly said that no, his worst year was not football but losing his other mom and other brother. It really put football in perspective to hear that.

If it was the worst year in his football career as a coach, Mr. Pratt should have asked him about his stint as the coach of BC when he had to use his Visa card for thousands of dollars of expenses - pre- Braley ownership.
That was so bad, Joe just walked away after that.

Pratts the “Marty York” of the West Coast, and Don Taylor gets over excited with cliches. I don’t like listening to either of them and when I have a choice, I go elsewhere. I wish the play by play went back to CKNW or Mojo.

CKNW/MOJO.. Way smarter peeps and better personalitys

mojo is way better

The TEAM does a far better job with the Lions broadcasts than NW which moved their games all over the place once hockey season started.

MOJO's Lions coverage is getting better and Rick Dhaliwal moving there will only help it.

Dhaliwal was a good improvement.

As far as Lions broadcasts go... IMO.. CKNW did a better job of the acctual game.... but pre and post game are better on the team... Rick Ball doesn't even come close to J.P. as far as the play by play or Lions knowledge goes... and J.P. and Giulio had a better chemistry between them.

And as for Bob or Dave... i don't really care for either... but i'd pick Dave... Bob is a "know it all" and if you have a different opinion than him he talks to you like you're wrong... cuz he is the sports god or something.

The broadcast and post game show is another topic in itself. It frustrates me that some of the post game (not Carravatta or Ball) guy(s) are clueless radio voices who would sooner be saying "how bout them canucks!" even though they haven't played for months. Not sure if that is Jeff Patterson or who but he hates football whoever he is.

Funny I always thought Bob was good with people who call in even if the caller is off topic (other than the Pauser who he attacks deservedly).

I'd like NW or Mojo to have got the play by play with JP.

The broadcast and post game show is another topic in itself. It frustrates me that some of the post game (not Carravatta or Ball) guy(s) are clueless radio voices who would sooner be saying "how bout them canucks!" even though they haven't played for months. Not sure if that is Jeff Patterson or who but he hates football whoever he is.

Funny I always thought Bob was good with people who call in even if the caller is off topic (other than the Pauser who he attacks deservedly).

I'd like NW or Mojo to have got the play by play with JP.

[... Rick Ball doesn't even come close to J.P. as far as the play by play or Lions knowledge goes... and J.P. and Giulio had a better chemistry between them.

you are a moron. Jp is clueless, mistakes, lack of knowledge and that infuriating laugh of his. My granny knows more about football than that idiot.

You just join us on the msg. board and your only post is to call me a moron???.... pathetic

just cuz you don't see things my way it makes me a moron eh??... ok... sure... you must always be right... and everyone agrees with you right?? why don't you just tell us all how things really are and how we should all think so that you don't have to read what "morons" post

lacks knowledge eh?.... 20 odd years covering the team... yeah i can see how after all those years he hasn't learnt a thing... hall of fame broadcaster if i'm not mistaken... and if he's not there yet.... he WILL be... without a doubt... and so you don't like his laugh... that's just such a good reason as to why he's no good eh?...

dude... get your head out of your ass and realize that you aren't the be all and end all... and that people who disagree with you aren't morons... just people that see things differently... if i called you a moron for your view would you think thats justified?

I think there needs to be a small IQ test when you register and you have to score at least 70 so we can keep your kind from posting crap like this.

milky - how about using some tact there pal?

JP is a good play by play guy who knows the CFL and the game. If you wanted best chemistry and great knowledge you might have JP and Tommy Gun Larscheid who used to be a BC Lions broadcaster with JP and a great scat back for the BC Lions some years ago.

Rick Ball sure shows some good signs of getting better as did Julio since he came onto the radio. He has gotten better every year.

Gotta also agree with the old JP and Gulio tandem . JP was the best play by play guy. Larschied was pretty good most of the time but I found him to use old clieshays(? did I spell that right?) way too much. You know , "It doesn't get any better than this!!" Or " Going to the big Dance!!" That got annoying after awhile using the same line all the time.
I also got pi$$ed at Cknw for not putting on Lions games when there was a Canucks game. The Lions always lost out in that. Therefore I don't think 'NW deserves to broadcast for the Lions anymore.
Can't comment on Mojo , haven't listened to their broadcasts yet.