Model CFL Board of Governors 2024

2 Likes
1 Like

Just watched about half of the TSN Preview Show from last night. Great interview with A.J. Ouellette of the Riders.

1 Like

I’ll check it out. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

announced crowd of 19,741.

1 Like

More of same in Toronto.

I haven’t come across the Edmonton Elks attendance yet. If anyone sees it, please post.

Happy to see the ball returned as it should have been:

3 Likes

“Everyone is setting up for the point after and no ball. We started the game with 18 balls and we have no balls left,” said Jeff McWhinney, keeper of the Grey Cup.

My only question is… What happened to the other 17 balls? :rofl:

I remember seeing old footage of this game on youtube. Great story!

2 Likes

I had the same question, and well I figure everybody was into getting a free ball whenever it went out of bounds in those days no different than now.

Maybe there is still also one of those around, but I would not be surprised if this is the last one still around.

1 Like

Edit: took a while but I found Edmonton vs Saskatchewan attendance

1 Like

https://3downnation.com/2024/06/12/2024-cfl-week-1-english-tv-ratings-jump-22-percent-year-over-year/

3 Likes

Winnipeg and Saskatchewan games perenially lead the ratings although the Saskatchewan had a rare poor ratings result this past week. People forget about Montreal. I think that is because their English TSN ratings are lower, but combine those ratings with RDS and they are often 2nd or 3rd in overall ratings as they were this week. The rest of the home markets need to step it up.

2 Likes

Offensive Production

So Week 1 saw 207 points which is 51.75 points per game. In 2023, week 1 was 174 points which is 43.5 points per game. It’s a great start to the season so far.

Attendance
At 30,134, 1st place goes to Winnipeg.
At 20,681 2nd place goes to Edmonton
At 19,741 3rd place goes to Calgary
At 12,767 last place goes to Toronto

Notes: Week 1 for Calgary vs BC in 2023 was 17,942 so facing Hamilton was an improvement for them. Last year it was a Thursday night game which also factors into things.

Week 4 BC at Toronto in 2023 was 12,473 so we see a slight improvement in the stats.

1 Like

credit to u/CFLStatsGeek on Reddit

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like