Mistakes at key moments (bad luck)

TIMH: now that's put in a way that is more palatable. Put that way, I'd have to agree. It is, as you noted in an earlier post, good to see that TO is in the right direction.

I would normally agree with the idea that you need a strong Toronto franchise to work. But I don’t think that is as much of a necessity as it once was. Montreal has a strong product and Hamilton is more stable. If these two can continue, it minimizes the need for Toronto. If the CFL could add another team in the east, particularily the Atlantic provinces that deminish the importance even more.

One of the reasons for saying this is the Safeway campaign. There are none in the east. But they are a major CFL sponsor. Consistency and stability are the reasons the league is surviving. Who knows, maybe in 5 years you will see McCain pick up some advertizing if there is a team in Atlantic Canada.

I would hate to see the team fold in Toronto, as there would be no other team in the league that most fans hate.

I think the league just needs stability in Toronto much like what they have now. As long as the Argo's are averaging 25,000+ to the games I think they are perfectly healthy.

I don't think we'll ever see a Toronto team average 40,000 fans out to a game until the day they build a beautiful outdoor stadium that's better suited for football ( sort of like BMO field ).

I think we could see it in 2012, even in the skydome.

Well.....

Fo Sho!

you guys speak as if you CAN coulda shoulda. This is not why the games are played folks...any excuse or missed opportunity is as good as the other...you've lost four in a row in TO...looks like Clemball Pimmons is up this time:)

And Torontonians cant figure out why the rest of the country shakes their heads at them.

Toronto is no more important than the rest of the teams. If Toronto were to fail, it would be no more tragic than the failure of any other team...... Get over yourselves......

As for ALL the sponsorship money coming from Toronto......Walk over to your nearest Safeway store, (Hint, bring a sandwich, its gonna be a long walk) Next time you are in Rona, check out where the head office is, it is no where near Toronto. Wendy's and Purolator do have their head offices in Ontario, but they are not in Toronto. Gibson's......nowhere near Ontario either. Castrol is an American company, so is Tums!
The CFL Hall of Fame is not even in Toronto!

Its too bad that Toronto is nowhere near as important to the league as you think it is.

Get used to it!
Get over it!

What are the refs supposed to do when they see a penalty by Toronto? Ignore it? What exactly is the benefit of the doubt? They should tell themselves "NOOOOOOO Toronto never commits an infraction"?

The CFL in Canada needs Toronto to survive? Gee. What happned then to the NBA and baseball in Montreal and Vancouver? Guess Toronto couldn't save them.

The problem here is that the media in Toronto promotes this idea of how important they are, so the citizens of Hogtown are brainwashed into thinking Toronto has this huge influence on the rest of the country.

For example, is there a bigger joke then the Toronto media constantly referring to the Blue Jays and Raptors as "Canada's teams?

So Toronto Is My Home's opinion isn't unexpected. Ridiculous, but not unexpected.

IM GOING TO THE LABOUR DAY GAME IN HAMILTON! :stuck_out_tongue:

The thing is they didn’t. Winning teams make those plays happen

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS AND WIN YOUR HOME GAMES ARGOS!! EXCUSES WILL GET YOU NOWHERE ESPECIALLY LOSING AT HOME TO A WESTERN TEAM THAT HAS TO TRAVEL AND CHANGE TIME ZONES. YOU BLEW IT - FACE UP TO IT, AND, YOU NEEDED AN EX-rIDER TO EVEN BE COMPETITIVE (ROCKY BUTLER!!!!!!!!!!!!)
RIDERS RULE
ARGOS DROOL (STILL LAST PLACE IN MY TURKEYRANKINGS!)