Missing Moreno Yet OBie

Ok how many yards on the qb sneak up the middle If i remember correctly didnt we have a Middle LineBacker at the beginning of this year that we traded to another divisional struggling team that is in the playoffs now WOW Gotta love the decision Making Mangement makes.....

Sure Obie gave up Mareno but this year he was chasing plays and most of his tackles were after big gains. Seldom if ever did you see Mareno front and centre stuffing a play. He was even making bad reads. I will agree on one thing though. We do need a major overhaul at the linebacker position.

Moreno wouldn't have helped if we run a scheme that drops our LBs 20 yards in coverage...what we need is a DC with the ba*** to play aggressively at the end of the game...especially against a QB that s**** as bad as theirs did today...stop him from running, we win!

I don't miss him, why would Obie. He was invisable for us this year. Overrated over 30 LB. Who cares

Moreno is better than either of the two guys they have auditioned for the middle spot since he left. Last year the line backers were about our defences only bright spot. It was gutted with armour and moreno leaving this year. People can spin it any way they want but bottom line is, the defence and linebackers particularly, are way worse since zeke left. The dbs are probably much better than last year but the linebackers have regressed and the line is still non existent.

Ridiculous. If anything it's better especially the secondary. Putting a slower MLB in the same situation changes nothing.

With WPG's defense humilated yet again the other night 99% of everyone involved has gotten past this maybe that's what bothers you and that's why you keep dredging it up so it wont go away quite yet.

Desperately hanging on to a favourite negative.

I edited my post. the dbs are better but the linebackers are garbage since zeke left. they have gotten ripped consistently. The dline is bad, linebackers are bad and dbs are improving. No team has any trouble moving the ball against this team with the short game especially.

Putting Moreno back in that front seven changes absolutely nothing except the salary structure. Just ask WPG fans Moreno in the middle has changed absolutley nothing except as an injury fill-in and a salary to worry about.

Our defence is just as horrible with or without Moreno.

We desperately need a pass rush and a DC with an effective defensive scheme, and one who can make adjustments.

Put me down for Stubler.

We need to get rid of Mariuz..but he is Canadian..and unless we can find another good Canadian to keep on the roster he probably isn't going anywhere.. having two of the top three picks in the draft will help tho..

Keep Knowlton.. he's young and a rock on defence.. what does he have, like 80 or 85 tackles this season?

I think Anthony is better as a defensive end.. and Siskowic is good, but he's only played a couple of games so it's tough to tell if he could become a solid starter for a season after only seeing him start two games this season so far at MLB.

If we can get Mace off the Bills practise roster and have him as a defensive end.. sweet... goodbye Loescher!

The defence is worse without Moreno.

Moreno was playing in Creehan's system this year. A system much different from last.

Better overall talent on this year's D with the coaching just as bad. Al Bundy and then Creehan. Seriously...are these the only guys out there (not any more!!!).

Still...Moreno led the league in tackles and his positioning "down the field" is the garbage system implemented by Denny.

Moreno is a band-aid in Winnipeg until Barrin Simpson gets back.

Wonder if Barrin is a free agent soon?

Wonder if his DC in Winnipeg will be our Head Coach next year?

No. Just signed in February.

Hope Not. If we go outside...Richie Hall.

I've never seen a D-line that bites so easily on the screen as this one. The line has no ability to sniff the play out and adjust accordingly. Also, their angles are super-bad, particularly the rush ends. They lose contain constantly and don't learn from their mistakes. They are not being coached up properly.

Don't cloud the issue with facts, Hendy. :wink: If you think making some very valid points is going to enlighten some of the rah rah's around here you're in for some serious disappointment.

Anyone who thinks that Jyles would have run that QB sneak so successfully, so often with Moreno in the lineup must be smoking something a little stronger than ciggys. Regardless of that, our LB corps has been pretty much decimated by O'Billovich and his "plan" so I'm interested to know where we go from here.

Creehan MUST GO. He is absolutely terrible.

Agreed, and whats more, we gave Moreno away for "air."

As far as i`m concerened Winnepeg was playing dirty pool with that trade ,saying they didnt know he was hurt is a load of crap and if we had Canada our pass rush would be alot better and would take pressure off other parts of the D . I agreee that Creehan has to go at the end of the season .

But the fact reamains ,it doesnt matter who your defensive coach is, if you dont have a pass rush your going to struggle !!!!

HE (WAS) THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TI-CATS TOO!!! LEAD THE LEAGUE IN TACKLES LAST YEAR AND SO FAR THIS YEAR!!! AND FOR THE NAY SAYERS I DO RECALL MORENO INTERCEPTING A PASS AND RAN IT BACK FOR A TD AND NOT TO MENTION WHEN WE USE TO STUFF TEAMS ON 3RD AND SHORT IT WAS USUALLY MORENO THAT MADE THE STOP, I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT IF YOU'RE TO BLIND TO SEE IT'S POINTLESS!!! MORENO FOR NOTHING!!!

Zeke was always so happy and joking around when I saw him, I was shocked when OB gave him away, and to Peg one of the very teams we were fighting for a playoff spot with. :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: I think Zeke had a very big disagreement with Creehan and Obie. Zeke was having a hard time buying into Creehan defensive system. (I wonder Why)

"Putting Moreno back in that front seven changes absolutely nothing except the salary structure. Just ask WPG fans Moreno in the middle has changed absolutley nothing except as an injury fill-in and a salary to worry about."

or maybe we could just ask fans in the "Peg" what it is like to go to the playoffs ... cuz at least THEY will be there!!