Milt Stegall returning

…now you see my point…BUT …ISN’T IT cfl related…now lets quit this silly carp///

If Milt wants a ring, he will come back and ask to be traded the defending GC champs for a legit shot... :wink:

Absolutely, but my final memory of Parker is not the great Eskimo player but that of an old man, past his prime, coming out of retirement to try to save a B.C. Lion team that was beyond saving. Once again, players should leave at the top of their game not after the games passed them by.

what has He got to Prove now …

Nothing He has done it all .
The old man Should Retire.

Y’all call him old man, meanwhile he could still out sprint ANY one of US as well as a lot of guys in the CFL.
And is still a better receiver than the entire Hamilton Tiger-Cats’ receiving corp.
Keep calling him old, then look in the mirror and honestly answer to yourself who is in better shape. You or Him?

…Milt has one more record within his grasp…and of course he’d like a RING…those 2 goals ‘might’ bring him back for one more shot…we’ll see… :roll:

ok first off milt is anything but old and weak. the guys takes such good care of himself and i wish i could have a build like his at any point in my life even more so at his age. he still has the ability to play because he does work so hard at taking care on himself. and i know the record for receiving yards its 3 games away from his catching abilities and ya he would probly kill to go out with a GC victory. but he just had another monster season with over 1,000 yards catching, breaking the td record, and playing in another GC. the only thin he could ask for was a victory. I love stegall as much as anybody i remember when i was just a kid and my dad was telling me about him at a game when he was only about 4 years into his bomber career. I hope he retires he has been a dominate receiver his entre career in winnipeg even with some shotty qbs at best like troy kopp. i want to see him retire while at a high point in his career so he can be remembered for everything he has accomplished ona nd off the field.

You have no Agreement there.
He is Special but there come time when enough is enough.

The Bombers have nice of Bunch Kids Behind Milt.
It there Time to shine.

Just because a guy has had a long and glorious career doesn't necessarily mean he's washed up and should retire. If he feels he can still play, and can make the roster, he should stick around. It's his decision.

New players need to be given the chance to prove themselves, but in the end you have to play your best players. If Milt is on the roster, and he's the best guy you have, you play him.

Marty York reports that Milt Stegal will join Dave Dickenson in Regina for the 2008 season.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

(See Mike's Thread "Rumour about Dickenson".)

Stegall can still play, no question.

But will keeping him on the roster mean the Bombers will have to pass on a younger player, perhaps the "next" Milt Stegall? A guy who may not be as good this season but will eventually surpass him as he improves and Milt declines? If so, they could be sacrificing their long-term depth at the receiver position in order to be a little bit better right now. Or worse, throwing away a diamond in the rough because of some sense of loyalty to a player who has done so much for them in the past.

I remember watching Grover Covington's final season, where he couldn't get any pressure on the quarterback, and thinking how sad it was that he stayed too long, and was eventually cut. Hitchcock and Morreale this past season were still capable of playing, but in my opinion both had been given that one last season in '06, then expected another in '07. Even Ozzy retired after training camp when it became obvious during the pre-season that he just couldn't do it anymore.

It's too bad that Stegall never got a Grey Cup ring, but that doesn't reflect badly on him. Players don't win championships, teams do, and for several seasons he was the lone bright spot on a bad team. Even those years when the Bombers were competitive, the league has been dominated by teams like Montreal, and Edmonton. All he has to answer for are his own contributions, and they are recognized in the record books, and in a few years his image will be in the Hall of Fame. A career anyone would be proud of, with or without the ring.

excellent post big dave

Yes, Milt keeps himself in great shape, but don’t forget that 2007 was the first year in several that he didn’t finish the season injured. He has proven to be fragile in cold weather and mother nature cooperated, don’t bank on it happening to often in Winterpeg. For the sake of Bomber fans I hope he retires on a high, once again it is sad to see great ones hang on too long and many of my heroes have, Parker, Ali, etc.