MILT STEGALL MAKES A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

Sure is sad another year with no playoff sellout for the great Bomber fans, Milt should have bolted from that team long ago, oh well typical they must all have things to like rake leafs in their yard oh yeah forgot have to work until 3 lol, could you imagine if it was the Riders that crossed over all the money coming into Winnipeg then it would be loud but don’t even try to pull that one on us that they have loudest crowdes hahaha been there and did not hear it, Next

1/3 of BC Places lower level is hollow fibreglass (removable for baseball), you don't think that's loud when people stomp on it?

It's not a question of what you have to bang on, it's the difference between 35,000 in an open air stadium (not that the Bombers will ever fill the place) vs. 60,000 in an enclosed space where the sound echoes back off the Dome. Look at all the times we have been accused of piping the sound from the crowd back through the loudspeakers, by morons who don't understand the laws of physics.

Take all the other factors out and it's just simple math. No way is 30,000 people louder than 60,000.

Some of the Riders fans in here are getting a little rude. Don't let the success of your team this year go to your head. I'm sure Winnipeg will have a good attendance.

I heard instead of announcing the crowd, they were gonna introduce it.

Ba-dum-bum.

I'm here all week, folks. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Tell me about it Cheif.

Then again, what can you expect from Rider Fans. They complain about BC Fans, but yet they are no better themselves.

Hypocrites.

I don't know who has the loudest stadium but, I can tell you that during the home game against Edmonton the noise level was 109 decibels. Hearing loss occurs at 120, which is equivalent to standing behind a jet engine at take off.

I have only seen games in Calgary, Regina and Winnipeg. At the few games that I worked at in Winnipeg I was on the field by the player's bench. From there I can tell you one thing.....when the Bombers make a play it is freakin loud........
If they sell out which I am sure they will because they have great fans (see not all rider fans are jerks....) it will blow your mind once they get going.
I am sure that BC Place gets loud being indoors. I am sure at some level at all stadiums it gets to a point the opposing team has trouble hearing. Who cares if one stadium gets 105 dB and another gets 110dB, it sure makes it tough for the visitors either way.

Now that Westwood is gone....GO BOMBERS....(personal thing)

this is why winnipeggers beleive that we are the :rockin: LOUEST :rockin:

[url]Milt Stegall's Record 138th Touchdown - YouTube

[url]Winnipeg Jets Last Reg.Season Game: End Of Broadcast - YouTube

Hopefully the Winnipeg fans take up the challenge. Has anyone heard what the gate is?

Sure there isn’t something you guys could do about those fans? I’m starting to get a little ticked off at em as well, ruining it for the rest of us.

Any update on how many tickets are left?

somebody on bluebombers.com said it was 26k? If so it will be a sellout!

come on fellow Winnipeggers buy those final 3000 seats! :rockin:

it'll be a sellout, this is just the nature of winnipeggers to slow roast things. I'm curious I'm very happy for the Riders and their 35 minute sellout, but knowing that a good chunk of those went to resellers who will then gouge real rider fans kinda sucks.

…slow out of the gate…slow to purchase tickets…BUT we’ll get there…just ask the Turtleman… :thup:

:lol:

Slow to get his Grey Cup ring, good thing he'll get it this year. :rockin: :twisted: :cowboy:

Has someone got theirs up for sale again?

What did the Eskimos think of Stegall's bold guarantee?

“I think he’s got a cut of the gate,” joked Edmonton coach Danny Maciocia. “It’s the first time I’ve heard a guaranteed win with a sell out crowd - so he’s got a cut of the gate.”

The players said they understood Stegall’s motives and were not about to hold it against him on game day.

“It’s a little risky making a guarantee like that,” said Edmonton defensive back Jordan Younger. "But I understand he’s trying to get people in the seats so they can sell out the playoff game.

“It’s not going to make us play any harder, but it might give us a little something to talk about when we’re out on the field face-to-face,” Younger added. “I’ll think of something (to say), but I’ll save that for Milt.”

Edmonton linebacker Agustin Barrenechea said it was not something the team would be sticking on the bulletin board.

“If that was a marketing ploy on his part, that was a good move,” Barrenechea said. “But in terms of anything else, it having any validity in our locker room, it has none.”

Maciocia did say he was worried that Stegall’s ploy might catch on with other players.

“That just makes it tough on guys like myself and our organization because now players are going to come back and try to negotiate contracts where they can get a cut of the gate,” Maciocia said, trying to hide a smile. “It’s a pretty smart move from his end.”

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=254887&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_cfl]http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=254887& ... dlines_cfl[/url]

The latest from yesterday is 25almost26,000 sold. That leaves just under 4,000 which will be done!! BOMBERS CROSSOVER BATTLE! Can't fing wait! I watched those two youtube videos up there to completion, and I was moved.

COME ON WINNIPEG, LET'S DO THIS!

imagine a white out playoff bomber game.

i heard wednesday eveniong we had already passed 25,000. and i know i had a had time getting 3 more tickets. i can easily see numbers arouns 27-28000 already. walk ups might be a big factor as well

I think the Bombers marketing department should hire Stegall after this year. They had a much better year last year yet they are way ahead in ticket sales this year for the game, they must be scratching their heads, heh :slight_smile: