Millington signs with the Argos

Millington returns to CFL

Since leaving the league two-years ago, Sean Millington has been part of the CFL on CBC pre-game coverage.

Sportsnet.ca -- CBC analyst Sean Millington, a five-time CFL all-star and two-time recipient of the CFL's Most Outstanding Canadian Award will leave the broadcast booth and sign with the Toronto Argonauts, according to football insider Eric Tillman.

Millington played 12 years in the CFL with the Edmonton Eskimos, Winnipeg Blue Bombers and BC Lions. Millington, a fullback, was a member of the 2000 Grey Cup winning Lions team.

Newspaper reports hinted Millington was considering a return to the BC Lions, but nothing was concrete.

OH geez just retire already... next thing you know someone will be signing Pringle out of retirement.... 2 great Running Backs but there day has come & gone.

He's too old and useless. Just good for the lockerroom but a waste of money.

I have to agree.

http://www.canoe.ca/Argos/News/2005/08/22/1183475.html

an article from the ARGOS web site. about SEAN'S career.............

ARGOS ...........we don't need any more old men........... :wink:

I assume that the Argos feel they have a need as it is unlikely they'd be doing this just to make Sean Millington happy.

Good on him if he can make and help their team.

My opposition to the Lions having brought him in now is simple. Why tinker with the team when everything is going so well? Wally is guilty of letting that story get in the paper as he should have said no right at the time it came up.

The media are bad enough in BC in not covering Lion football now and this story yesterday in The Province took up a lot of space that could have gone to a story line about guy who suited up Friday night or even about those toiling away on the Lions practice roster.

The Lions played 3 QBs - how is that not worth some comment with my favourite, Buck Pierce, playing great and on one drive led his team 40 yards to an Antonio Warren TD on 3 for 3 in passing. There is a story behind this guy.

Look at our O line, the defence - all guys doing the business. That should have been the story.

If this works for Sean M. that's good for him.

Buck Pierce-I learned a lot about perseverance. Things aren’t always going to go your way. I’ve become so much more aware of the realities of the game and life…Things can be taken away from you. You can either sit back…or overcome it and fight through it....

He is better than Avery.
Lets sign some older guys.
Bring moon out of retirement.Heck Ken Austin looks good.O.K. maybe Austin never looked good.
There is one reason for this signing.
Avery is gone.
The trade will happen like this.
Stienhauer(Spell check) and Avery to B.C. for Printers!!!!
You heard it here first!!!!

Printers isn't going anywhere this season.
Millignton will be fine for Toronto.

Toronto can change old relics into gamebreakers. Millington will be the CFL’s rushing leader even if he only plays only half the season.

The only downturn is the other Argos players could get ticked off by Millington’s constant raving about BC in the locker room. But I’m sure there won’t be any problems because guys like O’Shea and Baker are true gentlemen.

GO ARRRRRRRGOS !!!

Seans best days have come and gone…he might help TO. a bit down the stretch…maybe after a few shots, though, he might be ready to head back to the broadcast booth…the question is where does he do the most damage… :arrow:

3rd and 10 - you're killing me with the Go Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgos! How long is this suppose to last?

All of week 10... Can you believe I instigated that bet?

I think he is really being funny..........I love it.But I did say you didn't have to do this.........but it is up to you.

Omg, 3/10 - it's like listening to saskargo, and she's not even here!!!! :smiley:

Too funny…

You are a good sport for honouring your bet though…Hat’s off to ya!

A bet is a bet. Hellothere is very generous to allow me to drop out, but where's the fun if the loser don't have to walk over his pride a bit.

Hey, at least this mean I'll get to cheer for a winning team this week. :?

GO ARRRRRRRGOS !!!

You’re going to have to take a lot of showers this week and say a lot of Hail mary’s at the end ofit!

Millington must have played during the years that I boycotted the CFL when Ottawa was absent from the League because I don't remember much about him, or the teams he played for. .....The lost years.
He irritates me as an announcer though.

Well, at least you don’t have to paint your face blue!

Maybe SEAN needed a job! :wink:

I like the fact that CBC broadcasts have 3 Canadians on their panel for the pre game.