Miller new head coach for riders

Now tell me Sambo what do you think of the hiring of Miller after all that is what this thread is about maybe you should read the title over a few times so you can comprehend that.

Amazing, you can derail a thread, but others cannot? I would have preferred Hall, but Tillman hired someone he has worked with beofre. I have no problems with that. It seems that you are jealous about the fact that Tillman did it the right way, unlike the Stampeders.

Well Sambo even before Higgens was hired Huffer was on the ownerships radar. When he became available they hired him so he would not sign with someone else. Funny hey! Again this has nothing to do with the hiring of Miller.
Seems that comparing the situations--the different methods of hiring a coach--is reasonable enough. If Huffer was "on the radar" why did they not hire him to start the 2007 season? Did it interrupt his golf game to much? It certainly didn't interrupt his employment situation as his butt had been unemployed for months before the start of the season. Seems you are starting to believe your own propaganda. What is that called? "New speak"?

Not at all Tillman had a choice of three guys he picked the one that thinks can carry on the team. I wish him luck. As far as the stamps are concerned they are not part of the topic here but I will answer yet again. I should put it in my signature.
Huff was on the radar for this ownership groupo before Higgens was hired. He became available and was hired. Simple as that. Higgens had three years to get the job done and as you recall did not get the job done.

Well obviously Huff need time to think about his future. Nothing new you take some time to refresh the batteries your best friends come up and offer you a job you take it. Unlike Tillman and his imaginary friends.

Tillman did it the right way? Let Austin out of his contract. Would not hire Hall who knows the players,system, and Rider Orginization. Then hires from a (B} group. This is doing things the right way. Such loyalty.

you say this then you say that he is on the b list, which do you mean.

Hall should have gotten the job. But since Tillman did not pick by far the best candidate. Best (B) list candidate would be Miller. I do not think Tillman took the very best candidate.

Sanjay there is a list with three guys on it? So I assume Richie Hall was A list and the B list was Miller and the the other guy LaPolice right. I think he did it right this was if Miller does not succeed half way through the season Hall to the rescue. Good move.

When the Stamps go 0-6 to start the year, will Jim Barker step in to "save the day"?
Where do you come up with this crap?

It makes perfectly good sense Arius you have a guy that could be a head coach sitting in the wings is that not a smart move if not then Tillman is an idiot. :lol: :lol: :lol: YOU decide!

Well Tillman did it right because isntead of having a big soap opera of not letting Austin out his contract, he decided to keep things amicable. Austin would have probably resigned his position or "retired" from the CFL altogether to take the job down south. Letting someone out of their contract is not an oddity. See my last post in the "Rider Fans Loyal, Joseph and Austin NOT" thread to see my point there. Tillman wants someone who he knows, and in many businesses they will do the same thing, hire someone that you know, people that you have worked with or have worked for you before. Its not really that hard to understand, except for some who just want to criticize ET.

Well obviously Huff need time to think about his future. Nothing new you take some time to refresh the batteries your best friends come up and offer you a job you take it. Unlike Tillman and his imaginary friends.
You do want to have your cake and eat it too. First hiring Huffer before firing Higgins was necessary to "get your man" before someone else did, and "hire him when he became available". Now it is "well him being available for 10 months was just recharging his batteries". So he couldn't "recharge for a few more weeks? And the kicker is the "best friends offer a job, so you take it". So if they had offered him the job in Dec or Jan. would this "best friend" thing have played out? Or would he have said no? And in Oct., was it likely he was about to take a job elsewhere, and thereby snub his "best friend" or could he/they have waited a month.

When Hopson hired ET it was because "they had their man, and didn't want to wait in case he was hired elsewhere".
It was faulty logic then, it is faulty logic in Calgary.
It will be faulty logic every single time it is invoked.
And no matter how you try to justify it, the Stampeders crapped all over Higgins, they made a bad decision in doing so, and whether Huffer misses the play-offs or wins 6 Grey Cups in a row it will always be the wrong way to do things.

The way Ken Miller was hired was the right way.

Ron Estay could be a head coach?
Glad you think so!
I guess we know who you think the Stamps should hire when Huffer crashes and burns....

Don't you get tired of coming on here each and every day just to trash ET, the Riders and Rider fans?
Doesn't it become just a little bit tiresome?
I know it does for the rest of us......

Hiring Hufnagel was a strategic move. And a smart one. He will do well, you will see. Rider fans are jealous that Tillman was not smart enough to have hired Hufnagel. Higgins did not do his job. There is nothing more to this.

Hiring Hufnagel was a strategic move. And a smart one. He will do well, you will see. Rider fans are jealous that Tillman was not smart enough to have hired Hufnagel. Higgins did not do his job. There is nothing more to this.
Who bloody cares if it was this big "strategic move", whatever that means. Maybe it will be a good move, a smart move. Again, who bloody cares. The Stampeders still stuck a knife in Higgins back. Ans as long as you guys want to come on here everyday and talk trash about ET and the Riders, expect to get some back. The difference is, you can agree or disagree about the details of the Higgins affair, but it is a fact. You guys have no such facts to back up the things you keep babbling about regarding ET.

Hire Hufnagel?
Yes, I am sure we were going to fire Kent Austin immediately after hiring him just to get Huffer off the golf course.
I like Huffer. Always have.
One of my alltime favourite players. Good coach.
Do I think hiring one guy to do two jobs is smart? Not really.
Do I think hiring one guy to do two jobs when he has no experience in either makes that any smarter?
I don't think so.

So keep spreading your muck.
Just understand when you throw mud, you tend to get dirty.

Talk about trolling
You complain that Tillman was wrong to have let Austin go.
You are complaining that Tillman didnt hire Hufnagel.
How was Tillman supposed to hire him when he is under contract?
I guess a troll has got to cover all the bases

Your muck, his muck, does it really matter?

But keep going, I'll look in again around pg 9
and see whats changed....

With out Tillman allowing him out of his contract he could do neither of these. Are we going to go through this yet again.