Milanovich resigns from Argos

Not sure what your point is. He didn’t have much success as a pro QB, but is that now a prerequisite for being a QB coach?

Not sure about his evaluation skills overall, but the Argos sure did have success at the QB position (including developing new ones) since 2012 (not counting 2016). Even Ray had a late-career surge after several mediocre years in Edmonton. Hard to believe Milo had nothing to do with any of that.

Milo thought that Drew 'Limp' Willy was the qb of the future. Enough said. Goodbye to a coach who had as much excitement and life to him as a wet dirty mop hitting the floor. Mr. Dough Brain who looked like a deer in the headlights on most nights. Under .500 coach.

Copeland you blow and you've now set this team back because of allowing Bob Barker to sign 'Pull Limp' Willy to a new contract and losing the number one draft pick to the Peg. These fools needed to be gone in Nov.

[i]Has someone come up with a good answer, as to why this Copeland WASTED two months before firing Barker, and screwed the Argos into a corner for 2017?!

This is not firing/hiring season for GMs and coaches in the CFL! DUH!

[b]"If you’re in the CFL and just fired your GM;

And let your HC walk;

And it’s Super Bowl week…

Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu, just might be a redneck.

Scratch that, you ARE a dumb arse!"
[/b]
[/i]

Yea, they wanted them gone…in November/December, not close to February!! Viable options have greatly diminished not to mention have increased their bargaining power.

Copeland said he wanted to take his time and do his due diligence to talk to key personnel in other organizations about how to be a best in class operation. Fair enough. I get that. But why didn’t he get a jump start on this in September when it became pretty obvious that they were taking on water and Barker was going to be a long shot to return. By October they were flat out sinking, which begs the question: Why wait until the end of the season to commence this fact finding?? Idiotic to reach this conclusion now, IMHO.

Maybe the people they are looking at were not available in November or December and they felt both Milo and Barker should continue and not be fired before Christmas . Many have to remember but this regime is only one year old come January and they inherited these people from the old ownership .

Free agency is around the corner and that's probably where Condell comes in while they screen the next GM and coach . I have a feeling they threw last year away with the stupid schedule and are going to look at this next year as blending of a new approach with the old guard mentoring along the way . The hosting the Grey Cup and the move to BMO coupled with the schedule and negativity they received ; the December break and reflection was needed before restructuring .

If they have no one at the GM role come free agency on February 14 they are throwing this year away as well .
We'll have to wait and see who they hire before anyone can judge .

Sorry, but “one of the best venues”? You mean maybe the 8th best venue in a nine team league?

Well, there’s always Ned Higgins, the original Mr. Stopgap as an emergency gap-filler!

Could probably bring in The Napkin Cowboy, Brendan Taman as an emergency player personnel guy! :cowboy:

Yes … bang on Rhymes.
There was trouble in Argoland WAY BACK when they cut Heath, took on Willy, and cut the Big ego 3. Something should of happened with Spock Milanovich and Veg Barker after the Grey Cup. Well, “better sooner than later” in this case applies.

… ya, “one of the best”. What an environment, with nummy TFC fans breathing down the Argos necks! :thdn:

LOL ! Yup ! Kinda like the kid who kills his parents then cries because he is now an orphan :lol:

Today is Jan. 28th, as of Jan.31st they will not be allowed to talk to other CFL GM or coaching candidates because of the Commissioners new rules on staff hiring from other teams.
Right now Tommy Condell is the only person in their front office CFL experience and he just came on yesterday. :roll:
Maybe Condell is the new VP, GM, HC and OC.

Rules are made to be broken Grover. Its the CFL, after all.

I suspect Mopeland or Pinbull will ask for and be granted special dispensation to extend the deadline by up to 14 days (2 weeks) :cowboy:

As for crowd size - I think the current circus in Toronto will actually increase crowds, maybe not be a huge amount but increases nonetheless.

Toronto folk are no different than the rest of Canada (OK, maybe a bit more arrogant than Sask'n folk but that's about it).

They all love a trainwreck - and Mopeland and his group of wealthy mope-owners have brought one to town!

Now if we could just get the elephants back!!!???

Oh ya, like the other teams will want to lose HC’s, GM’s, Asst GM’s, OC’s,DC’s etc. just days before FA hits because Copeland is an IDIOT!
They have 4 days to find a GM and HC candidates from within the League, Copeland has fallen flat on his face on this.
What do you think a guy like Stubler is thinking right now? He won’t take the HC job and their OC Marcus Brady has not enough coaching experience to take on a HC position on such little notice.
I could see Stubler maybe saying it is time for me to retire and go golfing everyday in Arizona where my off season home is!

Argos now getting the much needed press coverage they so dearly crave!

With the Argos having no football management and needing press coverage, maybe it's time for a new reality show--Who Wants To Be The Argo Coach?
Each week a contestant from across Canada, could come and run some players through some drills, answer some questions about CFL rules (hopefully Andre Proulx would learn something) and have to beat Pinball in a game of Madden on his Xbox.
If the show goes well, it could lead to a spin-off.....Who Wants To Be A Alouette QB? :smiley:

Copeland's latest press release about Scott leaving says they are close to hiring a GM. On the TSN web site. Also rumors from varying sources are saying it is Tom Clements from Green Bay.

Need news soon so Argos can turn this to a positive.

Lowest Of The Low have been announced to play the first Argo home date.

I would laugh if it wasn't so beeping beeped up beeping beep beeper..BEEEEP!!! What a BUNCH OF FLUNKIES from the ownership who obviously doesn't give two Shih Tzu's about this team and the league. These aren't passionate fans owning the Argos like the owners in Ottawa, Hamilton and Montreal. Everyone had a big sigh of relief when we got new owners and a new facility. On another board I got ripped constantly for saying this scene wasn't the magic fix and now look not even two years in. We've had some seriously messed up years before but this is a true SH!TSHOW at this point. It'll be Hamilton and Ottawa fighting it out for first with Montreal attempting to improve enough to not have a western crossover. The Argos will be last place in the league. Calgary will show it's the best team and win it all in Nov.
People talk about Pinball who has very little to do with the Argos. He has bigger fish to fry like his charity work. Not sure he could even be talked into getting too involved with this mess.

Every team has had it's crazy issues over the years but TO seems to be feast or famine. They are more up and down then a yoyo in their long history. After a Grey Cup win they seem to absolutely tank and have ownership, management and coaching issues. This seems very low as they now sit and look up at all the other pro sports teams in Toronto. Plus Copeland you Blow!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think it's a stretch complaining about Argo ownership. To ensure continuity they signed their G.M. and HC to 3-year extensions, even before they officially bought the team. The Argo owners chipped-in $10M or more to convert BMO for Canadian football and used their political capital to get the relocation done (with MLSE investing up to $200M to enlarge and improve the city-owned stadium).

The Argos also have permanent offices and excellent training facilities in the GTA, thanks to MLSE. They also spared little expense in building the Argos an impressive dressing room and related facilities at the upgraded stadium. The Argo owners lobbied hard to allow tailgating at CNE, which was an unqualified success, despite everyone saying it couldn't be done.

The first year did not go as well as hoped but there's little doubt the Argo owners are in for the long haul. Fans will soon see the Argos brand on the upswing. I'll bet within 2 or 3 years the Argos will emerge as a premier franchise in this league, drowning out all the naysayers and negative ninny's. Let's Make the Argos Great Again! :thup:

You never know Xvys. They have a great venue now for football, that's for sure. All the best to Milanovich in Jacksonville, I think he'll well in the NFL.

I hope you are right, but I don’t think so.
I know a lot of my ST holder neighbours were so pissed off by last year’s product with the GC pricing fiasco being the final straw.
Not to mention the games being spread out to 6 days a week.
Whether it will happen, many talked about not renewing.