Mike Washington

The funniest thing is the proper word is "imply", not "infer". Austinpowers, I gotta give you credit - your unintentional comedy rating is through the roof.

Now that wasn’t nice…
Austin, I actually think you are a bright guy, a great fan. I just think you are a little gullible. I get tired of everything you say being a regurgitation of what ET said, or Miller said, or even Tony (damned Hab fans don’t know anything!).
Try less “ET said this…”, and more “Austinpowers thinks…” and we’ll get along better.

...except don't actually say, "austinpowers thinks..." because you'd sound like The Rock, and that just isn't good...

I complimented him for goodness sake. Don't try to pawn his hatred for you off on me, Arius.

We all know who the villain is in this little saga.....

Oh yes, we do, and without question...for sure, the villain is Tillman...

I really liked the guy when he got his oportunities last year. I bet he's got all kinds of rep's with Crandell coming from the second unit. I really hope he gets healthy fast and injuries don't turn out to be what he is best known for.

But at the bottom of it all, the victim is Mike Washington apparently. Isn't he the rightful topic of this thread? I thought I heard a mod say that enough is enough, didn't I?

"What's that? Oh she joined in afterwards you say, how foolish of me to have thought otherwise!"

kel

Let me ask you a question, O Sapient One…do you understand the difference between pointless mudslinging and lightening the mood? No? How foolish of you to not!

Get over it. If you can’t, take it to admins, but don’t bring it to the public forum. You are every bit as guilty as the others right now.

No. You are right, I am sorry I don't. But I will continue to respect your wishes and NOT PM you. You are the most diligent mod at getting people who have run off the rails back on track, so setting an opposite example was a bit shocking for me. Forgive me, but I don't see pointless mudslinging on the forum guidelines as something to avoid. You didn't write the comments, so how do you know what my, or anyone else's point was? Its an interpretation and tell me that you don't throw mud when thrown at first? People pick on others, its your job to find it where it starts, because we have a right to defend ourselves as long as it is within forum guidelines.

Comments about Eric Tillman being a villain in the Sask forum, from a Rider fan in a Mike Washington thread, is hardly what I'd call lightening the mood. I'd like to think you are joking, but I can't even tell when your tongue is in cheek anymore.

kel

LOL all other forums I have been a part of this thread would have been closed/deleted as its gotten so far off topic and is just a thread for a few people to "talk" about their dissagreements and personal opinions of one another.

A thread off-topic? Here? Never.

Well, let's try to get it back on topic...

I for one didn't see a lot from him last year. He looked lazy in his route running, and for someone who is supposed to have speed, i didn't see him get behind the dbs that much.
I'm pretty much a meh on Mike Washington.

Back to Mike....finally. In today's LP Ken Miller made some nice accurate comments about MW, and i happen to agree, Mike will be a legitimate deep threat impact player with us in 2008....

I wonder if we were watching the same player. I can recall more than a few occasions last year where I commented on how fast Washington was…if he isn’t fast, then everyone else in the league must be really slow…

Maybe you werent watching the same player.

I don’t think we were.
But for example, seldom do receivers just straight run by the DBs to get open. So if Washington wasn’t “getting behind them” that likely says more about his inexperience than his speed. Andy Fantuz is slow as molasses, but he can consistantly get “behind the DBs”.
Where I noticed Washingtons speed the most was YAC yards. He never got caught from behind, always a guy with a good pursuit angle. Anyone in a chase position was getting left behind. And I think it is not just flat out speed, which is also overrated, but good acceleration, which is far more important.
Anyway, I was very happy with the progress he made last year. Looked promising. I will not be surprised to see him in the starting line-up game one.

I never said I didn't believe he had speed. He jut didn't impress me much last year.
BUT, i watched the practice here in saskatoon yesterday, and Washington had a pretty good day (i think it was him, they didn't have anyone listed at 82, and that is his number). I thought he did best of all the receivers. I have no problem retracting statements if they are proven wrong.

I like Washington and I think he showed some promise last year but Weston Dressler could beat him out for that spot he had some incredible speed. I think he might be the fastest guy at camp.

Released today.

I guess he was just a practice player. Never did show anything to me on the game field.

it's kind of hard to show anything when your QB doesn't THROW HIM THE BALL EVER!!!

they wasted his energy on the field, no throws even attempted his way in two games.