Mike Reilly will test free agency

According to 1130 Sports, Lions backup QB Mike Reilly will test the free agent market.

Bad news for the Lions. :frowning:

Travis Lulay is the guy. Not so bad of news. Its not like BC is losing Lulay. That would be bad news.

Currently, the 2 front runners for Reilly would be the Edmonton Eskimos and the Winnipeg BlueBombers.

Lulay is the guy if he's healthy. No doubt about that but we need a good back up QB. Demarco isn't the guy from what I'm seeing. Remember how well Reilly filled in for Lulay when Lulay went down a number of games ago.

Quinton Porter & Jarius Jackson (former Lion) decent backups.
[/quote]
Lulay is the guy if he's healthy. No doubt about that but we need a good back up QB. Demarco isn't the guy from what I'm seeing. Remember how well Reilly filled in for Lulay when Lulay went down a number of games ago.
[/quote]

Not sure I understand your point. Neither of those guys are on the Lions roster and I highly doubt we'll ever get Jarius back. Not sure Porter taking Reilly's place would be an even trade off at all.

The point is that Mike Reilly is a great backup in BC. Thats it. He is not a current starter. So an experienced QB like Jackson/Porter could replace Reilly (who honestly just does minor duties as a backup). Jarious Jackson would RUN back to BC. He loves it there. He only left because Wally didnt have room for him. Leaving BC for Toronto may have paid off because the Argos are in the Grey Cup. But Jackson wanted to stay. Leave a team to backup Ricky Ray is like signing in New Jersey and backing up Martin Brodeur. lol.

Porter in a trade for Reilly? Both are free agents. As for skill trade, i understand your point. But Porter is better then what they have behind Reilly.

LOL, you're doing it deliberately to yank my chain, aren't you ? :smiley:

Yup.

THENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHEN

Yup.

THENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHENTHANTHEN

:thup:

[/quote]

Well you have to realize that 'then/than' is a pet peeve of mine, and has been for years, as any regulars in here will tell you. At least I've left you alone when you have said "Let's here your thoughts" instead of "let's hear your thoughts", which you've done frequently.

But seriously for a moment; here's why it bugs the heck out of me. The whole purpose of language is to communicate, and if you mix up those words you end up running the risk of mis-communicating. You can't just say it is a spelling mistake or that it doesn't matter, because it does.

Example; if I were to say "Jackson was a better QB than Lancaster", my meaning is very clear. But, if I was sloppy like so many are these days, I might say "Jackson was a better QB then Lancaster." So, now what do I mean? Do I really mean that Jackson was better THAN Lancaster, or do I mean what I said literally, that Jackson was the better QB but that THEN, at some later point in time, Lancaster became the better QB? By using then instead of than, my meaning has been obscured.

When you type as fast as me, do as much writing as me. And then go on a FAN FORUM. That means NOTHING. To talk football its a NEW pet peeve of mine to see comments from people about spelling. DONT READ IT THEN. The topic is Mike Reilly testing free agency. Not "Then" or "Than" or "Hear" or "Here". Start your own topics about spelling and maybe ppl will talk with you about it. :cowboy: :thup:

And you think that I don't?

Anyhow, that's an excuse ? Novel I must say.

Well I suppose it does mean nothing if you don't mind coming across as a functional illiterate. And as I demonstrated, if you mix up then and than you run the risk of people not understanding your meaning; so how can you talk football if you don't do so clearly?

I have never challenged you on here vs. hear; I pointed that out as an example of the fact that my personal pet peeve is than/then (well, okay, I also get annoyed at folks who mix up less and fewer).

I can't do that, I enjoy your posts otherwise.

Well then lets stick to the postives. And thanks. I hope you enjoy my posts. I did not mean to sound like such an ***. If you want, after my posts. Re-Type the line i mis-spelled below and then maybe the people in the same boat as you will understand it. Honestly, i have too few hours in the day to re-read, nor try and fix mistakes. I get things out there for the fans and talk football. Thats what i do. If i had more time, or if i had this as a job mistakes would not be made.

I didn't know mis-communicate is spelled with a hyphen. I always spelled it like this: miscommunicate.

I'd rather spel it, "miscommunicate" then mis-communicate, than everyone would know what I'm sayin and not loose the meaning. Just my thots.

Thanks, beagle, for proving my point.

No one in here would be in any doubt about what you are saying in this:

notwithstanding the deliberate spelling mistakes. Your meaning is clear and no one would misunderstand you.

That’s why mixing up then and than is a far more serious mistake. As in the example I gave, “Jackson was a better QB then Lancaster”, by misusing “then” you leave the reader unclear as to what you really mean. They are two different words with two very different meanings, so we should be careful to use them properly otherwise we run the risk of not being understood.

Now, back to Mike Reilly. . .

Glad you realize Madjack it was done in fun. I enjoy trying to wind up some of my fellow CFLers but only the ones I know who can take a joke and read between the lines. :thup:

I agree with you about correct word usage. I guess some get than and then mixed up because they are being careless or simply don't know the difference.

My particular peeve is when people mix up lose and loose. They do it so frequently. I don't understand why. " If he's not careful he's going to loose his wallet carrying it like that." Or.... "Did you loose your keys?" Interestingly I don't see this error when it comes to describing something as being loose. For example: I need to tighten the door knob, it has come loose again." Most of the time it will be spelled correctly and not "lose".

Now....we can get back to Mike Reilly.

I would rather talk about bad gramma than about the lions losing Reilly.