MIke Maurer is a pathetic joke...

...and anyone that disagrees with me is simply wrong...don't even attempt to defend him...

Who is Mike Maurer?

No, red, the real joke is our pass defence.

RedandWhite is bang on. Get off field.

...allow me to explain myself...tonight we witnessed MM playing possum on two different occassions...'oo, i'm hurt'...now this is a guy that dabbles in the mixed martial arts so I'm very sure I do not want to have to defend something that he is against in a bar fight...but this lay-down-and-fake-injury crap has reached a stupid level.....seriously, the Edmonton Eskimo legacy is a proud and distiguished franchise and every EE fan should be revolted by this a$$-clown's contribution to the game right now.....

and to make matters worse he sucked as an MMA fighter too!!! :slight_smile: :frowning: :thdn:

Well I think it is a joke as well,but i wouldnt blame it all on him yet,maybe the Esk's have him as there "designated faker" when the team needs time.I believe Tom Canada was the Bombers "DF" when the team needed a breather or had too many men on the field when he was playing.I could be wrong though.

Maurer isn't the first to allegedly fake an injury and he certainly won't be the last. I think every team has at least one designated faker. However Richie Hall may want to find someone with better acting skills to be the Esks designated faker.

.....IF the refs are 'smelling' something funny...and it sure looked like Mauers' actions had an aroma around it last night....WHY don't they assess the penalty available to them....It just takes a few of these incidents to get 'overlooked' for it to become a plague through out the league....I say they start flagging it pronto... :expressionless:

Even the broadcast crew was talking about it, how MM wasn't really hurt. When they start talking about it, you know it's a real bad fake.

The officials have no such penalty available to them in this instance…what flag would they throw exactly? Are you suggesting that the officials should determine if a players injury is authentic or not? You’re joking, right? Can’t even imagine the lawsuits if they guessed wrong in such a situation.

Maybe the players and teams could take some responsibility for stuff like this instead of lumping more BS on the stripes…now there’s a concept!

…it’s called ‘delay of game’ …look up the rules… :stuck_out_tongue:…the refs can call it at their discretion…IF they deem it necessay

I’m well aware of what is covered under “delay of game”, and fake/non-fake injuries are not part of it. Officials are not permitted to judge whether or not player who has asked for a trainer is legit or not…how could they possibly know and what if they were wrong?

Official : “Nope, sorry coach, I’m giving you guys a 10 yard penalty because in my best medial opinion,even though my full time job is selling widgets, I think your guy is fine…and tell him to stop being such a baby!”

Coach: “Really ref…well, he just died on the bench…get a good lawyer…”

...HMMMMMM ....you better tell that to the officials and the inform all of the CFL and tsn....who suggested just that in the game.. that the refs should call a 'DELAY OF GAME' penalty for phoney stoppages in play , such as the 'phantom' injury ...It's AT THE ZEBRAS DISCRETION....don't know where you're getting your info.....maybe you were watching another game.. :roll:

I'm well aware of what is covered under "delay of game", and fake/non-fake injuries are not part of it. Officials are not permitted to judge whether or not player who has asked for a trainer is legit or not....how could they possibly know and what if they were wrong?

Official : "Nope, sorry coach, I'm giving you guys a 10 yard penalty because in my best medial opinion,even though my full time job is selling widgets, I think your guy is fine...and tell him to stop being such a baby!"

Coach: "Really ref...well, he just died on the bench....get a good lawyer..."
[/quote]
The ref won't be the one needing the lawyer, it would be the coach and medical staff who let the player get back into the game. The ref throwing a flag on the play has no affect on the medical condition of the player.

Mike Maurer s not in game shape at all. He came out of retirement 6 days ago due to an injury to Matt Bertrand. The 2 injuries were simply fatigue and lack of conditioning but legitimate all the same. Definitely not Delay of game.

As for a joke how about Nikole "I celebrate every first down " Lewis. This guy should get at least 2 taunting penalties per game and is a disgrace due to the Cheap shot that finished kelly Wiltshire' s career. Please get rid of the Clowns in your end of the field before you call our Eskimo's pathetic jokes.

...so sorry to have affected your delicately thin skin Dan, having to bring up something that happened years ago really isn't relevant...and if MM wasn't in game shape why was he in there in the first place?...pretty bad squad mgmt I'd say....

Every team has a Faker and yes even the Stamps, ours just like our D sucks , even though it may look like faking though it could have been legit and nobody wants to put their neck out there for a minor infraction . I’m sure the Refs are thinking that they are in enough hot water this week and don’t want to chance it .
Besides I’m sure the Stamps liked the break as well.

Well the Riders were given one in the first game against BC, when Jonhnson went down the refs called him for delay of game. So yes it can happen AND It DID happen!

If you’re getting your information from TSN then there’s no need to try and explain this any further to you. Are you under the impression those guys know what they’re talking about, especially when it comes to the rules? They don’t.