MIKE KELY AND LEFORS

I HAVE COME TO MY ASSESMENT OF OUR BB'S - I NOW DO BELIEVE THAT KELLY IS A TERRIBLE COACH, ESPECIALLY SINCE HE IS THE OFFENSIVE CORDINATOR. WHY ON 2ND AND LONG DID THEY RUN THE BALL PRETTY MUCH EVERYTIME, DOES HE NOT HAVE FAITH IN HIS BOY LEFORS, I DON'T ONE BIT, BOTH HAVE TO GO PERIOD.

FIRST OF ALL KELLY'S DECISIONS HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, THEY AIRED THE BALL TWICE, THAT IS RIDICULOUS. HOW ABOUT KELLY WAITING FOR PRETTY MUCH THE WHOLE GAME TO REPLACE LEFORS AS HE WAS OBVIOUSLY STRUGGLING. LEFORS HAS NO ARM STREGHTH, ACCURACY OR POISE, TOTALLY USELESS AND SHOULD NOT EVEN BE A 2ND STRINGER.

ALSO WHY DID KELLY NOT GO ON THE THIRD AND ONE WITH UNDER 4 MINS LEFT AND DOWN BY 10 POINTS, WE NEED A REAL COACH AND QB FOR ONCE AND LEFORS AND KELLY ARE BOTH CRAPPING THE BED. HE CUT DINWIDDIE TOO EARLY AND RELEASED GLENN (WHO LOOKED GOOD TONIGHT), HAVING HIS MIND MADE UP ON LEFORS IS ALSO NOT A GOOD STRATEGY, SHOULD HAVE KEPT RYAN AND GLENN IN TC AT LEAST.

NOW I BELIEVE UNTIL KELLY IS GONE WE WILL BE IN LAST PLACE BOTTOM LINE!!

He did the same thing in the Edmonton game, wasted a great performance by the defense with extremely conservative play calling on offense.

Face it though, both this game and the Edmonton game were winnable, he could be 3 - 0 and you would be hailing him as the next coming.

Back to back with the Argos is going to be interesting.

True but the Bombers are the only team in the league besides Montreal that hasn't been blown out of a game yet...

I'm not a big fan of Lefors throwing motion. Maybe he's hurt.

not hurt, just plain stinks, he crapped the bed before the big hit, underthrowing or overthrowing his reciever's, it was horrible and he outright does not deserve to be a starting qb.

Funny, I seem to recall most all the Bomber fans agreeing and drinking Kelly's koolaid in the offseason, that Glenn was an albatross and that LeFors was ready to step up and be a quality starter.

Wrong.

Terrible quaterbacking play, lots of overthrows. Can't say our pass protection was any good to help the qb there in the second half. No passes to Edwards, a 1000 yard receiver until the end of the game? A 25 yard disparity in punt average Setta vs Renaud?! Special teams and offence killed a great game for the defence. Unfortunately when there's such a disparity in time of possession there is only so much they can do. And there's only so many games a year the defence can steal. Offence and special teams need to pick it up in the next couple of weeks or its gonna be a loooooong season.

Probably because they've got a darn good defensive line and linebacking. Not a fun team to try to run the ball against.

Just got home from the game. This was bad call playing by Kelly, always going for the long gain , instead of taking what Ham. gave us and maybe breaking through after the catch. Ham did just that and won. We seem to play too much zone defence. Porter and Glenn just kept throwing to Rodrigues and Davis. A friend of mine who has never been to game and doesn't know football noticed this! I think the coaches should have noticed too! Both D's played well, but Lefors is no Ricky Ray yet. Why keep going for the big play with a rookie QB? Nickle and dime, nickle and dime.

Some of the Bombers fans have not been fooled by Kelly's and Bauer's B.S. Only some in the media who get freebies to not report anything negative. But some of our Bomber fans are really stupid who would follow Kelly and Bauer into a pool of sharks if told to do so. The offense stinks. We need to clean out the problem people in MGT. Bauer, Hildahl and the useless board of directors. New blood is needed. Only then can we win a Grey Cup. If you read some of the threads some BB fans would be satisfied winning only half the games. What does that say ?? A bunch of loser fans ,goes great with a losing team.

How long Before Your Call Printers ...asking him to come to the Peg.

Well, housedog, when I said "most all" Bomber fans had been drinking Kelly's koolaid, I certainly wasn't including you! I am well aware that you were down on Kelly from the get-go..................just as most others were supportive of him from the get-go. I was somewhat in the middle............I liked some things he did (getting Shabazz) and didn't like others.........i was willing to cut him some slack and see how things went once the games started.

So many things to be critical of in last night's game.............but I'll just focus on this one: At halftime, Hamilton benched Porter for Albatross Glenn. Porter hadn't been bad, exactly, but he hadn't been moving the team into the red zone.......so in comes Kelly's favourite Albatross, and he starts moving the Cats and getting some TDs...........yes there were 2 interceptions but he got them 2 TDs which Porter had not been able to accomplish.

Now, LeFors was in a similar spot..........he hadn't been moving the Bombers' offence any better than had Porter moved Hamilton's. But did Kelly make a similar move? No. He left in an ineffective QB who could not make 50% completions, and only replaced him when it was way too late. Inexcusable really, when Bellefeuille had just demonstrated to him that replacing a starter who is ineffective on the day with your backup QB can be a good move if made at the right time..........Bellefeuille outcoached Kelly, plain and simple.

Wow I just realized I quoted the wrong poster..............I was going to respond to both anyway.......

Dan you're right, the playcalling was pretty poor. One other thing that I noticed....................how many passes were thrown Edwards' way? One, maybe?? What the heck is up with that? With Armstrong and Stegall gone, seems to me Edwards should be the #1 receiver........was he covered that well all game??

When Marcel Bellefeuille out-coaches you, you've got problems.

werent you the one that made the thread with the title: "IM NOT SAYING LOOK OUT CFL BUT BEWARE!!!" ? which was basically talking about how the bombers could make some real noise this season and how Kelly was doing a great job?

Is Mike Kelly the only coach who has a A of people calling for his head at Week 3? Probably, but he coaches in Winnipeg, so even with a 3-0 record there'd be at least some people unhappy with him, cause it seems that's how we roll in Winnipeg. What we used to have is always better than what we do have....regardless of what we said last year. Now we should have kept Kevin Glenn, cause HE was going to be our saviour, yet I distinctly remember throngs of Bomber A throwing Berry under the bus for keeping this guy in. This is kinda how it went, "Glenn should be out, put Dinwiddie in", then Ryan lost a game then it was "Take Dinwiddie out, put in Randall", and the only reason nobody has said anything negative about Randall is cause he's hardly played. Now Lefors is inept and useless...and I will guarantee you, IF we made a mistake and let him go, he'd go somewhere else, he'd probably end up playing us, beating us, and these same people would be screaming about how we let him go. Bottom line is unless we have Anthony Calvillo, we're not going to be happy....even then...who knows.

Everyone who's slamming Lefors is giving way too much slack to his receivers. He HAS under/over thrown guys at times and that needs to improve, but that makes up maybe 35% of his incompletions. There's also the fact that Kelly is running an offense that relies on timed passes, but because it's a new scheme receivers are still learning the reads, etc, and because of that receivers are not where they need to be, so Lefors puts the ball where it should be, and nobody's there, this is probably close to 25% of the incompletions. The other 30% is made up of receivers either dropping passes they should be able to grab. I've seen a lot of balls bounce of receivers hands and arms, and while some may want to blame Lefors for a bad throw, any receiver coach will tell you, if you touch it, you catch it, period.

For the first 6 to 8 games we'll probably see a lot of games where Defense needs to step up and win the game, as the offense works on getting their scheme down. It's a new scheme, new players, new O-line, and to be realistic, there was no way that TC was going to be enough time for it all to gel. That major motion package they ran last night, looked a lot better than when they ran it against A. Week 1, the crossing receiver was always running into Lefors, now in Week 3, the timing was pretty much on.

There are a lot of fans, whether they'll admit or not, who have wanted nothing more than to see Kelly fail. Why? Who knows. Maybe it's cause they were Berry supporters, maybe it's because they loved Kevin Glenn, Tom Canada, or Ryan Dinwiddie, maybe it's because they hated seeing Zeke Moreno leave, but the deck was stacked against him from Day 1, and I don't think Kelly cares.

Some people say we should have Glenn instead of Lefors? In Glenn's first drive he tied Lefors for interceptions. That's in one drive for Glenn compared to 3 games for Lefors. Aside from Lefors, Calvillo is the only other QB in the CFL to have only thrown 1 interception, this is something we never had with Kevin Glenn. You can fault his completion numbers, but he's making good decisions, they're just not getting executed perfectly yet. It's for this reason why I say I'd like to see Lefors stay in at No.1. If he was throwing a pick a game, or 2 or 3 in each game, then yeah it'd be time to pull him, but for the most part his decisions are good, it's the accuracy or timing that's off. I'd wait at very least, till Week 6 before I'd start talking about replacing Lefors.

I started doubting Kelly the second he cut Dinwiddie we should bring him back he may not have the strongest arm but heck he knows where to put the ball... and both away games play calling has been completly different than home games if we would have played the same offence we did against calgary its a win but all this stupid motion and reverse crap is rediculous already i think teams caught on already I dunno i'm not a CFL head coach.

I loved it when the bombers are down by 12 with 7mins or so to go we run 1st down lose 3 yards and than run on second down and get stuffed on numerouse occasions not just once but the last 8 drives or so where like that...

I just have no idea anymore we had 3-1000 yard receivers last year and after 3 games we have 1 guy over 100 yards receiving and just barely.

we gotta do something because by week 6 or 7 are defence is gonna be burnt out they can only do so much heck they got more TD's than the offence

I completely agree.. something is off with LeFors, that's for sure, but it's not his decision making and that's a positive. The timing is going to improve with time, and if the accuracy does too he'll be a darn good quarterback. His receivers are not helping him out either, but hey, Terrence Edwards and Romby Bryant can do no wrong, right?

LeFors has made good decisions, he's tough, and he seems like a leader. Those are three good qualities to have in your starting quarterback. Let's give him a bit more time.

I have to say I didn't like Kelly's play-calling much though.

As for those saying Kelly should've replaced LeFors with Bryan Randall sooner, or Randall should start or whatever.. well, he's got the same number of picks in 1/12th of the pass attempts and what he showed last year was basically that he's really fast and he makes lousy reads. The potential is enormous but he's got ten times further to go than LeFors does. Yeah, Hamilton replaced their starter, and I guess some might say it worked (I wouldn't, considering in addition to the two TDs he got he did also cost them a chance at some important points later in the game and gave the Bombers 7 points as well) ... but Glenn vs. Randall is a terrible comparison anyway. A veteran who's not a bad quarterback and better than a lot of people want to admit, versus a very raw backup in his second season who hasn't played anything more than mop-up duty in his career apart from a few plays against Edmonton.

Really what did everyone expect? Lefors was a third string quarterback and went 0-6 for a reason. Training camp was a joke Kelly cut the strongest competition Dinwiddie, right from the get go which was his biggest mistake. He looked better playing on a broken ankle last year then this guy . If I was kelly I would be giving him a call.

Except after he got benched last year, everyone was complaining that Dinwiddie didn't have the arm strength to play in the CFL.

This is how it goes in Winnipeg, and it's been pretty consistent. When Khari left town, everyone was calling for his head. Then once Glenn struggled, people wanted Khari back. Last year there was a large contingent that wanted Glenn gone, now he came back and threw 2 TD's and 2 INT's (a ratio he was averaging in Winnipeg) against us, and now we want him over Lefors? And even before Khari left, when Pat Barnes was still in town there was a time when everyone wanted Barnes! In fact I clearly remember being at the game against Montreal where almost half of CanadInns was chanting "We Want Barnes", so Barnes comes in, and was sacked on the 1st down and threw a pick on the 2nd down...which triggered a near fist fight between a Khari supporter and a Barnes supporter.

Anyone who is the starting QB in Winnipeg needs to realize one important truth...the #2 QB is ALWAYS the most popular QB on the roster.

:lol: