Mike Kelly - HR Guru

Because Bauer who is President ,is a close friend of Mike Kelly. They are both cast from the same mould. Bauer has given hints that his time with the Bombers is measured in only a few months. Whichever way he leaves the Bombers is fine with many of us. Good Riddance. When he leaves we need to bring in new blood and clean up the mess that Bauer has created, First we fire Kelly. We need to do an exhaustive search for head coach. The Bombers also need to adopt a conflict of interest guideline policy. That way we won’t see friends hiring close friends. This will protect the club from situations that we have now. Are we the laughing stock of the CFL. Yes. Some of our low IQ fans think we have a great arrangement in Kelly. You be the judge.

…are you serious?..you sound like the young traffic cop standing in front of the ice-cream-truck-that-plowed-into-the-pet-store-after-hitting-the-fire-hydrant-which-knocked-the-fireworks-stand-into-the-campfire accident that is telling bystanders “move along folks, nothing to see here, nothing here to look at, move along please”…

yeah I’m serious - and don’t give me this “Kelly’s behavior hurts the league…” crap because that’s just what it is. Is Kelly causing advertisers to stop supporting the league? Do people in other cities stop going to games because of Kelly? Are TSN’s ratings going down because of Kelly?

I’m not saying you can’t post about Kelly or the Bombers but some of you guys (and I’m not referring to you RedandWhite) act like Kelly is destroying the league or something. I mean I can understand if you are a Bomber fan and you’re upset with him but what do fans from other teams have to be upset about?

You’re kidding right? I thought everybody knows that hiring friends rarely works out. I didn’t get a job two years ago because I knew one of the senior managers pretty well.
Too bad it only takes one bad hire to screw up a lot of things. It wasn’t long ago that the Bombers could have won the Cup if Glenn didn’t have a broken arm…

…from what I’ve read I dont’ think anyone outside of Winnipeg is particularily upset by Kelly and his shenanigans, but my point was it’s a spectacle that one can’t help NOT looking at and commenting on…and yes I suppose some people do think he might have a negative impact on the league as a whole, I dont’ personally, but others might…you say 'Is Kelly causing advertisers to stop supporting the league?"…I dunno, probably not, but can you say definitively he isn’t?..nope either…

…every team goes through this…a few years back it was the Cardboard King in Calgary, buys a team for his QB son, and we all stared at our TVs in a sad way at Dunnigan with his deer-in-the-headlights look…how many of you besides myself actually yelled “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” when Macocia said he was leaving coaching?..so many years of Edmonton Hilarity down the drain…and who here didn’t shake their heads when Don Mathews, DON MATHEWS!!!, rolled up his sleeves and took the helm of the good ship Argo and proceeded to drive her straight onto the rocks of OhMyGod Point?..

…The BBs and their staff are in the spotlight this year…you can defend you coach, nothing wrong with that, but c’mon BBF you can’t really blame the general fan base for stopping to stare and to poke a bit of fun…next year it’s BC’s turn…

To be honest, Mike Kelly is getting it a lot worse than most of those guys combined. I'm not saying it's not deserved; I'm just making an observation.

Well, the internets weren't that big of a deal when the Circus rolled through Calgary at the turn of the Century.

And I think you've got some selective memory going on regarding Danny M. He took it pretty hard on here...he just might not have been as instantly dislikable as Kelly, so we had to work a bit to get into a proper lather......

Maybe you're right... I mean, Danny M. did get it pretty bad (and rightfully so), it just seems like people are jumping on Kelly every other day. It's been a non-stop barrage since the season began.

True, but find me a week since TC opened that there hasn't been a crisis of some kind in Winnipeg. It's not like they're picking on him over uniform selection, or a 3rd down gamble. There's always something......

That's why we've all migrated over to the Bomber board. Saskatchewan just went through 12 days where absolutely nothing happened. Same as BC, other than the "gesture" which was mild news. Even less in Calgary and Edmonton who actually played games this past week.

Even now in Riderville, we signed Armstead and didn't sign Fantuz. Hardly earth-shattering.

...from what I've read I dont' think anyone outside of Winnipeg is particularily upset by Kelly and his shenanigans, but my point was it's a spectacle that one can't help NOT looking at and commenting on...and yes I suppose some people do think he might have a negative impact on the league as a whole, I dont' personally, but others might...you say 'Is Kelly causing advertisers to stop supporting the league?"...I dunno, probably not, but can you say definitively he isn't?....nope either...

…every team goes through this…a few years back it was the Cardboard King in Calgary, buys a team for his QB son, and we all stared at our TVs in a sad way at Dunnigan with his deer-in-the-headlights look…how many of you besides myself actually yelled “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” when Macocia said he was leaving coaching?..so many years of Edmonton Hilarity down the drain…and who here didn’t shake their heads when Don Mathews, DON MATHEWS!!!, rolled up his sleeves and took the helm of the good ship Argo and proceeded to drive her straight onto the rocks of OhMyGod Point?..

…The BBs and their staff are in the spotlight this year…you can defend you coach, nothing wrong with that, but c’mon BBF you can’t really blame the general fan base for stopping to stare and to poke a bit of fun…next year it’s BC’s turn…

You’re right Red as far as the spotlight being on us (as it should be I totally understand) and spectacle is actually a great way to describe what’s going on here! I actually quite like the posts where people are having fun with it all and poking fun at us(I always liked the Glieberman act in Ottawa myself :lol:

I guess I should take a little of my own advice and just roll with the punches a bit more myself. It is after all a fan forum and better to have people angry and upset about things than just not caring whatsoever :smiley:

It's like driving by one of those weird car crash where you look at the car and you try and figure out what a driver had to do to get there.

Bombers can fix this overnight by hiring a General Manager. Yet they persist in refusing to look at the obvious.

I’d rather they hire a dedicated OC first

I think Bauer tried to get Kelly to consider that but it does not look like it worked…

Manny Matsakis has taken on more responsibilities to ease the load on Kelly. That was reported on August 19 (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/kelly-gets-a-helping-hand-53673827.html). The Bombers have played one game since then which was against the Lions and we all know what the outcome of that was.

Good point Blue Blood - I forgot about that - certainly seemed to help 2 weeks ago that’s for sure! Hopefully we’ll see more of the same this weekend :smiley:

That game did not happen. No it didn’t. lalalalala I can not hear you lalalala :expressionless:

You know, if they'd just done the sensible thing and hired Kelly as O.C. and gotten qualified people to be H.C. and GM, who knows how this season would have turned out? Kelly isn't stupid and he obviously knows something about the game. He just has way too much on his plate right now and is too arrogant to admit that he's in over his head wearing three hats on a rebuilding team.

with all respect, we still don’t know how this season has turned out…

Absolutely, It really starts this weekend. Also the weekest component of Kelly’s skillset so far looks like his OC duties. Well after his PR skills.

True, and hopefully the win against B.C. was the start of Winnipeg’s turnaround. But I still think they gave Kelly far too much responsibility, considering he was nothing but a position coach last year and prior to that, had been out of the league for a decade.