Mike Kelly gets award...

… as the ugliest head coach in the league. I know he came in this year expecting to roll over the competition, and that coach of the year was in the bag for him. I feel kind of bad for the guy seeing as his team sucked and all, and he wasnt much of a head coach. Lets give him something to show for his hard work this season. Ugliest head coach of the year.

Why ugliest? Why not Worst... or better yet, like the MOP, we could give him the MIC, Most Incompetent Coach. I like that. :wink:

Or how about best quote of the year:

"We kind of raided the toothless, green, watermelon-helmet-wearing people from the crotch of Canada."

He must have prepared that, kudos if it was heat of the moment, but that's a lot of stuff to say in one sentence.

The CFL needs more guys who stir the pot, that comment was pure gold.

Andrus has got that locked down.

I don’t know why the big Kelly hate in but I love the guy, players do too.
He’s got a mouth, I’ll give him that, but unless your a prude what’s the big deal?

He’s not even a bad coach. I don’t get it either. So he said something you didn’t like does that mean he’s not a good coach?

I think players enjoy a coach who only cares about his players and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks about him…

You might be right about that… :lol:

Mike Kelly wrote:
"We kind of raided the toothless, green, watermelon-helmet-wearing people from the crotch of Canada."

And how did that work out for him? He should have been saying "we kinda ""garbage picked""" the green, watermelon-helmet-wearing people from the land of the team that kicked our a s s by close to 100 points in 2 games, And are still alive in the final 2 weeks of the season, while we have half our golf memberships already used up.

He should win the award for Most Quotable Person in Canada. Srsly, the guy is great for newspapers.

Then they got slaughtered by them 2 games in a row… lol

Blame the moron who made him GM/HC/OC/QBC, because he was trying to save money having extended the last HC for 3 years before firing him for no apparent reason.

Ah but he had a reason for firing him. . . they went 8-10 and lost in the playoffs.

So he replaced him with a guy that gutted the team and took them to a 7-11 record finishing out of the playoffs. . .

Obviously, he is using some ‘new’ kind of math that most of us haven’t heard of yet.

Controversy is good for the league IMHO.