Mike Kelly calls Rider folks the crotch of Canada

Im afraid for the man. He's going to get seriously hurt talking like that. He's should ask Graham Bell.

When I first read it I got a bit stirred up but that’s cuz I’m originally from Saskatchewan. Football wise I could care less, other than that it’s pretty classless.

Sticks and stones people, if there is absolutely no validity to it, why get upset.

What are you talking about? Graham got hurt breaking up a disturbance. How does that relate to this topic. Mike Kelly has nothing to fear for saying this. The person who relates to violence because of an asinine comment is way more of a problem then the person making the comment. I don’t for-see someone resorting to violence for this comment. I have a hard time believing that anyone is that stupid.

We officially need the Gliebermans to return to the CFL after this. :cowboy: I'm sure Stephen Brunt would agree.

On that theme, here's a scary thought..............

Glieberguys as the owners;
Leo Cahill as the GM;
Whoever the guy in Ottawa was a few years back that drafted a dead guy as Player Personnel Director
Mike Kelly as head coach;
Jeff Reinebold as offensive coordinator;

Any other suggestions for off the wall characters?

Speaking of Brunt, he is on with McCown this week as co-host.
Anyway before the decision yesterday, you should have heard him when the two previously discussed the forthcoming
political decision. He was all that talking up Melnyk and his MLS bid and how he believed the chances were better for the
soccer stadium in Kanata. Now today with Bob discussing the CFL with Adam Rita, he was quiet as a church mouse with the Ottawa “win”.
Eat crow again Brunt, the anti CFL and pro NFL cheerleader.

Shhhhh… Let the idiot think he’s making some good moves.

Let’s see, the 2 mouthpieces (Westwood and Steagol) that came outta there, never won anything. I don’t expect anything different from kelly :wink:

You’re absolutely right. The thing that really makes me shake my head is this. Manitoba and Saskatchewan are so very similar in terms of the people and backgrounds, etc. In fact, I can’t think of any 2 territories, provinces, counties, etc on earth being more similar. So it’s absolutely asinine for a Manitoban to insult the intelligence or background of someone from Saskatchewan (or vice versa). It kinda reminds me of a Jack Nicholson quote: “My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-b!tch.”

Whoever the guy in Ottawa was a few years back that drafted a dead guy as Player Personnel Director
That idiot was Garney Henley.... the greatest Ti-Cat ever and a really intelligent guy who foolishly took the CFL's word for it that a good defensive end was loose. Apparently the Posse franchise was so decrepit that they stopped reporting and didn't inform anyone of the car crash. However, Sport Illustrated DID have a brief note on it because of his Mississippi State background but nobody notice it.

By the way… what an absolutely classless and ignorant comment. I don’t dislike the guy- I feel quite sorry for him on one level and for the fans on several (depending upon what they think of these remarks).

…if there is no validity to it why say it in the first place?..seems Mike had a room full of homers to impress and rather than take the high road and impress with tact and measured leadership he chose low-brow humour, pandering to the lowest denomination of rivalry…not too mature imo, but really all that matters is what he does on the field…

Geez, get a grip people. As a Rider fan living in Winnipeg, I can tell you this was all in fun aimed at stoking the rivalry. Kelly has a ton of respect for both the Rider franchise and the people of Saskatchewan. My gosh, lighten up and enjoy the humor. Are we all so politically correct or sensitive that a coach running his mouth in a joking manner is seen as an insult? Sheesh. Personally I thought it was kinda funny.

....It was a fan who originally came up with the comment ....all Kelly did was run with it....take it easy people....as if this is the first time remarks of this nature have been made ...Wasn't it Milt who said Regina is the 'armpit' of Canada....it's all in good fun.... :roll:

Now we know why he wants to keep his team "Ahole light" :smiley: He's claimed the top spot :wink:

Take the its all good humor stuff and shove it. Everyone in the country looked down their nose at Sask for a long long time now that we are fighting off the recession and making progress while the rest of the world is falling behind, not to mention all of the growth that has occurred in the Province over the last few years has done nothing but make me more proud to be from Sask. So yeah there are allot of us that take it personally when people start calling us names. Its unfortunate that in the CFL you can call an entire province a crotch / armpit / banjo picking hillbillies but you make one comment about anything relevant to football like refereeing and you get fined. Something isn't right with that.

Bite me Kelly and Bite me Winnipeg!

What's funny is that he's from a little sphincter town in Connecticut you know land of (Benedict Arnold and GWB). You guys should buy a page in his home town and tell them what you think of Mike Kelly :slight_smile:

I love controversy! More please! :smiley:

This league could use more trash talk.

And Saskatchewan, by the way, is a fine province that gave us Tommy Douglas, Joni Mitchell, Leslie Neilson, and Dick Assman (celebrity gas station attendant). I'd live there if I could work there. Lets hope they get a new stadium soonish.

Mute point - Winnipeg issued an apology - not that it was needed but the matter should be considered closed as the 2 teams involved have said as much

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=276318

…Bauer, being a former Sask. resident (born there), should have been the first clue that this was a lark…I don’t care if you were a previous resident of a prov. or city…some affection still remains with the old stomping grounds…Bauer says the remarks were made with ‘tongue planted firmly in cheek’…I’ll take him at his word… :wink:

It’s MOOT. A MOOT point.

Thank you.