Miguel has a warning for Jeff Reinebold...

:thup: capish

Tough week for the two popular scientolgist. Maybe Tom and John should "come out" and "hook up" :stuck_out_tongue:

Anthony worked for years with Cahoon, Bratton, and Watkins, none of whom are giants. I don’t understand this view that Calvillo prefers tall receivers. Any QB, all other things being equal, prefers tall receivers, because they make it easier for the quarterback to complete passes assuming that receiver can use his size to get leverage on the DB and make more catches. You think Tate is unhappy that Nik Lewis is over 6’ and 245 lbs? Tall or short, if you don’t lay out for the catch, you won’t be in his good books. And both London and Deslauriers failed to deliver on that front last week.

I’ve heard AC say he prefers tall receivers.

Find me a QB who prefers short receivers. :smiley:

Il l’a peut-être regardée en différé.

Il y a un autre chroniquer dernierement a La Presse, Lorange. Peut-etre Bujold est en vacances ou sur la liste de blesses.

Journal de Montreal has a nice 2 page spread today. Popp saying no news on the Trestman contract. Negotiations are ongoing.

So the als opt for a single practice yesterday and choose to rest today. Seems like a sound decision. They practiced enough for that Calgary game and it is a very short week.

He also said. There is nothing he ca do. Its up to the coaches and players. I found that an interesting comment. Means money is spent. Players there are very good or combination of the above.
. They better figure it out...

Rare Jim says something like that.

This is just an impression, not anything with evidence behind it, but I have a sick feeling that we made a big mistake hiring Reinebold. I think that he's stuck in the '90s, and that he came in here thinking he could just run the same stuff from 15 years ago without any trouble. I don't think he understood how offenses have evolved since he was last in the league. The fact that we are already 'simplifying' our offense after one game is a very bad sign to me.

I earnestly hope I'm wrong. I hope that by the midseason mark, we're talking about what an awesome defense we have and how hiring Reinebold was a stroke of genius on Trestman's part. But like I said, I have a sick feeling that we made a huge mistake in the direction we've gone.

Let’s just enjoy what they put together. Marc’s been in this league for five years. If Jeff came to him with a defensive strategy and Marc looked at it and said. I could mock that. There’s no way he would have bought in. We got something like 8 or 9 new starters on D. I can’t keep track ! I keep telling you guys. It will take half a season for them to get comfortable with their assignments and communicating with each other. We got to be supportive.

I hope you’re right. I trust Trestman, but game one didn’t inspire me with confidence at all.

We got something like 8 or 9 new starters on D. I can't keep track ! I keep telling you guys. It will take half a season for them to get comfortable with their assignments and communicating with each other. We got to be supportive.
I don't buy this "we need half a season" thing. Jones had his new D ready to play against Edmonton. Campbell's defense owned us in week one. Defenses are typically ahead of offenses anyway. Assignments and communication have nothing to do with the fact that we got torn up on the ground and there wasn't an Al even trying to tackle Cornish until he was eight yards downfield.

Like I said, I really hope I’m wrong. If I am, I’ll eat crow here with pleasure. But a red flag goes off for me when a unit talks about simplifying things, especially after only one game. If you believe in your system, don’t simplify, let the players grasp their assignments.

Are you sure ? The Argos played against Steven Jyles and the Edmonton Eskimos. One game is very small sampling.

And the Stamps played against what was the top-ranked offense from last year and shut us down absolutely.

I’m not arguing. But would Chris Jones have looked as good against Calgary ? I doubt it.

I think so. Remember, he was DC there last year and would have a pretty good idea of how to shut down Tate and counter Dickinson’s playbook.

We are going to find out tomorrow.