Michael Reilly.. Tough Guy or big faker?

What a tough guy gets you awards or cash? Seriously that is out right dumb. Thats face it the oline he has played behind almost got him killed.

No doubt Reilly is tough as nails. I have never cheered for teams he played on, but he had time in Edm and BC where his Oline was giving up free shots constantly and he would get back up.

1 Like

Hurting. All those hits add up, and he’s not exactly young anymore. That plus he’s playing on the most unforgiving surface in the league. Carpet on cement…

The guy has missed the playoffs 3 years in a row. That's in a division where 4 of 5 get in every year. I'm thinking an elite Q.B. making 700 a year should be able to provide some November football.

sure, the rest of the team just doesnt matter

The last 3 yrs in Ed was Jason Maas failure.

First season in BC was mainly o line failure.

Michael Reilly is tough as a three dollar steak

1 Like

how many ounces?

1 Like

Beef jerky quality

2 Likes

Did you see his throws? He has been fighting an elbow injury since training camp. Lions won’t have started a completely raw rookie who hadn’t had any preseason games if they hadn’t absolutely thought the needed to.

1 Like

He’s a great quarterback....he’s no faker.

1 Like

Those"whiners" you refer to have several Grey Cups and even more Grey Cup appearances behind them. Great QB’s that don’t lack confidence.

2 Likes

None of which precludes them from being spoiled little whiners.

1 Like

Tough, he got his butt kicked his first year in Edmonton. He earned our respect and got a cup cause he keeps getting up. Road warrior too look at his journey to being a starter, miles on those legs

And who are you to judge they are spoiled little whiners?? I totally take it your team doesn’t have these great QBS playing for them… Typical…if you want to see some spoiled players watch the NFL

1 Like

One of them has played for my team. And I thought Burris was overrated at that time, and continued to be overrated through his career. Million dollar arm, 5 cent head. And I thought he was a whiner then, too, btw.

However none of this is relevant to the topic of the thread… Reilly… who, unlike the aforementioned examples, is actually a tough bugger.

1 Like

Burris was great in helping the Stamps win a cup against the heavily favored Al’s. Then he turns around and beats the heavily favored Stamps against Ottawa .Good QB. I have nothing but respect for Mike Reilly!

1 Like

Reilly is the man.

Tough as nails.

Whatever you want to call him, the guy sure doesn't win much. This will be 4 years in a row with no playoffs for him. That has to be some kind of record of futility for the highest paid player in any league.

1 Like

just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time

in ED it was the misfortune of have Maas as HC. In BC it has been simply that most of the rest of the team and coaches suck

One tough mother f_*# ING faker. LOL

If I were waking down a back lane at night in a rough part of town, I’d have Michael on speed dial.

1 Like