Michael O'Connor

It HAS to be a combo of low money and preserving the other QBs health. If there’s a 1-yard/3rd & inches plunge that MIGHT cause an injury, why risk Evans doing it when you have Davis?

This signing is nothing to do with talent, It’s just having an expendable body to move the chains.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, he played for coach Campbell in Ottawa. He knows what he’s getting.

Quand il s’agit de mettre le ballon dans la zone de buts à la ligne de un, il est difficile à battre. Pas parfait, mais presque. O’Connor n’a pas la même efficacité dans ses faufilades.

1 Like

Why did Rick Campbell simply not sign Michael O' Connor ?
Was he disappointed last year ?I think upside is still there for O'Connor. Other teams could use him as a ratio breaker and see if develops with reps.

Is he not a ratio breaker only if he is starting?

1 Like

because he’s not as good at the pro level as people expected when he came out of USports. he hit his ceiling already and he is a serviceable backup at best. he’s also injury prone.

2 Likes

His injury last year was minor. He is not injury prone.

1 Like

If O’Connor hit his ceiling already at just 52 career pass attempts then why bother developing any QB at all?

4 Likes

Not sure that is the case. Perhaps some other member here can clarify that .

Done. He doesn’t affect the ratio whether he starts or not. QB’s are a separate category.

https://www.cfl.ca/game-rule-ratio/

3 Likes

Thanks, Jon

1 Like

QB’s are no longer a separate category. Randy Ambrosie changed that a few years ago. Since O’Connor is Canadian he will be identified as Canadian on a roster whether he plays or not.

I remember hearing that too but that’s not what my link says and as far as I know it is up to date. I could be wrong and wouldn’t mind knowing the answer.

His link is from the CFL … could you share yours?

I think you meant to direct this post to GA Ballan?

So I did … so I did

His link is from the CFL … could you share yours?

I am just going by what Randy Ambrosie said on TSN a few years ago. If QB’s are still a separate category then can you tell me from where on the CFL website that you saw it?

I saw and heard that on TSN back when Brandon Bridge was playing with the Roughriders.

The link identifies that it is from the “game-rule-ratio” section of the CFL.ca website.