Michael Bishop

What "facts"? They won games because they had the best defence in the league, and a mediocre offense. When Bishop went out the offense went from mediocre to terrible (which usually happens when you have nobody at backup). When the time came that they actually had to put up a lot of points, that offense couldn't do it.

None of that makes Bishop particularly good, which is why he never managed to stick anywhere after being replaced in Toronto (where he was so trusted that management brought in Kerry Joseph to replace him). You're free to be a Bishop fanboy all you want, but if you really think he can be the savior in Toronto now then you're just being silly. No QB will help Toronto until they get a legitimate #1 receiver, particularly not a journeyman at the end of his career.

EVERYBODY whomped the 'Cats that year. They had a 3-15 record and stunk. That was actually Bishop’s best year statistically as - even being out for 4-5 games with injuries, he had his second highest passing yards total and his highest QB ranking at 87.

However, this classic arm punter (great arm - inconsistent aim) has career totals for efficiency around 70 with a completion percentage of 50% and only one season over 3000 yards.

Now he’s 35.

Again I beg, “Please, please, may the Argos pick him up.”

Tridus and others speaketh the truth, and Stamps fans if you are really serious about wanting Bishop over Tate :? :roll: , go for it I say! :lol:

There's not much more to say on Toronto until and if they ever get a real receiving corps.

We'll continue banging that drum through July at the very least until we see something viable there, whoever is at QB, after the first few games next season.

No matter how many times you get banned and how many handles you have used here (not sure I can count that high), you keep repeating the same facts upon which you rely.

And no, I don’t think you ever got banned just for your love of Bishop, I think you were banned for making up stories and trying to pass them off as legitimate news reports, posting inappropriate photos, impersonating personal friends of various CFL players, and various other offences.

But you always ignore the important fact. . . that every time Bishop had to play in a crucial game (such as a playoff game or a game needed to get into the playoffs), he’s crapped the bed in rather spectacular fashion.

Did he win a playoff game while an Argo? No.

Did he win a playoff game for Saskatchewan? No.

DId he win Winnipeg’s last game of the Mike Kelly season in order to get his team into the playoffs? No, he blew that one too.

I could not let 2 of your comments pass without responding

Firstly you say there was no backup in Toronto? Does the name Damon Allen ring a bell?

Secondly, on the management wanting to bring in Joseph?

Was basically Pinball calling the shots! The know nothing owners of the day did whatever Pinball said. This is the same Pinball that got excited about bringing in washed up NFL stars that were banned for various drug issues etc. HC Stubler wanted nothing to do with Joseph, nor did the vast majority of the players from Arland Bruce down.

...what about the comments from other guys?

When will the blade drop again please? :slight_smile:

prove it.

He won’t, because he can’t. All he’ll do is claim to have heard on some radio show or read in some news article (none of which exist) things like the players loved Bishop, that Stubler loved Bishop and didn’t want Joseph, and on and on and on.

He’ll never address the fact of Bishop’s mediocre overall numbers, nor Bishop’s abject failures in crucial games (great QBs elevate their games when the chips are down; Bishop folds), nor will he tell us what response he received from Mark Cohon to that letter he was writing about The Click under his previous handle “stamponthat”.

To ALL on thread (that way nobody feels left out) :slight_smile:

Arland Bruce repeatedly said Bishop was his man. It`s also a fact that Stubler was 100% for Bishop. Stubler did not want to play Joseph, it was as simple as that. Even a poll at Slam Sports had Bishop over joseph by well over 80%.

And yes TV shows galore...TSN guy with the funny hair cut that had a top rated show covering ALL sports, name slips my mind at the moment, he did multiple shows with many of the Argo players, he did programs with panels of Argo players, it was 100% for Bishop.

SOME of you guys should be capable of some objectivity I would hope.

I am fairly certain that there are atleast 1 or 2 guys on this forum that agree with me, but do not want to admit it because they will be mocked, but I understand.

As for majority of Argos players and their opinions on Bishop/Joseph, it`s all out there via Google searches, and the views of Stubler as well.

You all know it`s true, you were there I am assuming.

I am also a Tiger Woods fan, and his haters really use the same tactics as you guys.. They do not let the facts get in the way, they just have a hate on for him.

LOL, exactly as I predicted:

And also exactly as I predicted:

And any of that makes Bishop capable of leading a team at QB today... how?

It's funny how a lot of Argos said Cleo Lemon was their guy, until he was gone. Then the new guy was their guy and they were excited to have him at QB, despite significantly statistically inferior results.

You'll almost never hear a player say "man our starting QB sucks!"

I for one never heard anybody say Lemon was their guy, with exception of Piano Legs Barker and the Lemon family.

As far as what makes Michael ready to be a QB today?? How a bout just my opinion? How a bout just letting a guy have a unpopular opinion without raking the coals over him? Not aimed at any 1 particular person btw.

Why not allow someone to hold a minority opinion without calling him/her out

Nobody "called you out" until you got defensive about it. People disagreed.

...what world do you live in where you think that posting your minority opinion on the internet isnt' going to get challenged? Here are some options to consider to prevent your minority opinion from being questioned:

a) sing your opinion out loud in your morning shower
b) write your opinion in a letter, address it to your self, post it and agree with it two to three days later when it returns
c) tell your significant other your opinion over morning coffee/making love/fencing
d) while walking the dog bestow upon the pup the logic behind your opinion, I'll wager he wags his tail

above all, don't use the internet to voice your minority opinion if you don't want it shot full of holes...

And on a related note... in 2007 under Bishop the Argos had the 7th best passing game in the CFL. So, why is Bishop so great again?

considering that Bishop has had a number of opportunities to show he was capable and failed should be enough to convince anyone.

he couldn’t do the job in Toronto, couldn’t in Saskatchewan, failed in Winnipeg as well.

you only get so many chances before people will walk away (some laughing too)

Bishop is just not mentally there as a QB.

Let's talk facts, not opinions, for a second.

I have stated that Bishop does not play well when the chips are down. Here's what I rely on in support of my opinion:

1. 2007 playoffs: Bishop, with Toronto, had a 46.7% completion rate. Passer rating 75.8.

2. 2008 playoffs: Bishop, with Saskatchewan, went 14 for 27, a 50.1% completion rate, no TDs and 3 Interceptions, passer rating an abysmal 25.6.

3. 2009, he plays for Winnipeg and in the last game of the season, win they're in the playoffs, lose they're out. In that crucial game, when he leads his team to defeat, 39-17 at the hands of the Tiger-Cats, he goes 8 for 22 (36%) with a grand total of 122 yards, 1 TD and two Interceptions.

While our Bishop fan here loves to rely on his regular season record in 2007, that was four years ago.

His most recent playing time in the CFL (other than his cameo in Calgary) was in 2009, two years ago. That whole season, his numbers look like this:

50.4% completion percentage; 15 touchdowns and 20 interceptions; passer rating 67.1.

That is all on the record. None of that is opinion, none of that is made up out of thin air. Those are the guy's numbers. And they're pretty bad. At the absolute best, you could say he's been a mediocre qb.

Our "friend" here can sing his praises all he likes; he can keep telling us that Stubler loved him and that players loved him. But none of that unsubstantiated fluff disproves the FACT that Bishop has bombed out dramatically whenever it really counted.

He wasn't even that good in the regular season. The Toronto offense was weak and their passing game was 7th in the league. The defense won games and relied on the offense to not screw up too badly.

I have never said EVER, that anybody need agree with anything I said. I would not want to take part in such a forum. Have never suggested anything like that here either.

There is something called piling on though.

I also wonder how many people really take part in this forum on a regular basis? Is there 25 to 50 people that post here on a daily/weekly basis? I would guess 50 would be to high? Open to correction for sure.

So my guess is maybe 50 people tops post on a regular basis here…

The inmates are running the asylum type of thing. :slight_smile: