Michael Bishop put on waivers by Toronto!

Just happened!

[url=http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080709.wsptbishop9/GSStory/GlobeSportsFootball/home]http://www.globesports.com/servlet/stor ... tball/home[/url],

hmmmm.....

Thats one way to end the controversy

ok - you cfl walking books of knowledge ... What is the rules regarding claiming a player on waivers? Does the selecting team have to offer anything? Are the only teams able to pick the non playoff teams? Are they bound by the contract?

I know the NHL rules but haven't got a clue regarding the CFL waiver rules.

I'll place my bet on the Riders picking him up though....

Speculation around the CFL is that Bishop was placed on waivers as a means of gauging interest in a trade or possibly releasing him. If a team claims Bishop, the Argos would have the option of recalling him from waivers, a tactic available twice a year to each CFL team.

The Argos would then presumably hope to strike a trade with that team to get something in return for the 32-year-old, who was 10-1 as Toronto's starter last season.

Thats about all I got

From that link

"If a team claims Bishop, the Argos would have the option of recalling him from waivers, a tactic available twice a year to each CFL team."

That's stupid - if you place them on waivers you shouldn't be able to take it back depending on who claims them. The only reason I could see is if being picked up via waivers some how opens the door to redoing a contract or effecting cap space in some specific way that benefits a team.

Man, that's CRAZY!

My 10-yr old son and I met up with Bishop last year at the Grey Cup and he couldn't have been more of a class act! He signed a football and hat for my son, and the following day, at the actual game, we ran into him again. He recognized my son and stopped to talk with him. Say what you want about the guy, but he is OK in my book...

Heck, the Lions ought to sign Bishop and waive JJ AND Buck Pierce!

....um, I don't think anyone said anything bad about him so I'm not sure where that angst is coming from....

...interesting chess game, I did not realize that this option was available to the team enacting the waiver...certainly dangles a carrot in front of few teams...who will bite first?...

I thought that there was a 48 hour period for waivers. After that, he'd be free to be picked up by anyone. Can anyone offer any information?

I can't wait to see who will try and pick him up off waivers. !!!! BIG NEWS

I can't believe this.
First the trade for Joseph that never should have occurred.
Now if waived, the better of the two QB's gone.
When you look at this and the way the team handled the Pre trade, the Argos are an organization in disarray.

...there was an article on TSN today how Prefontaine is still supremely PISSED about how his trade went down...he asked Macocia if he could play linebacker this weekend...Danny said no...

...whats up with pinner?...losing control of his team or is he turning into evil-pinball now?...

Agree Red this is totally unlike the Pinball in his mishandling of the persona which he is known for.
I also forgot to mention that Stubler has stripped Burratto of some of his OC duties in calling the plays.

What kind of coin is Bishop making? Is it something between starter-backup money? If Sask. doesn't bite, maybe another team will take him on as a backup.

I hear around $250,000.

Too bad. If he expressed in interest in playing D-Line, he could have replaced Fred "Four Tackles" Perry.

Whos the second and third string now there?

That's how you settle a qb controversy.

But seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if Bishop just had enough and said I want out of here.

I am surprised that cut him. It will be interesting to see if they leave him on for the 48 hours.

The only teams I can interested in him would be riders and bc.

Maybe Winnipeg should grab him.
Play him against his old team and watch him dismantle them! Sweeeeeeet!