Message to Mike

.....When you try and play a game with the least amount of effort and at 50% ...trying to protect against injuries.....expect a bucketfull.......A lesson hard learned...I know you're no Bud Grant....but maybe you should give him a call... :oops:

I don't think that it was MK's plan for the players to play with less than 100% effort.

Why the hell did they not try more deep shots? That was Montreals weakness against the Bombers and it got totally abandoned. It's like Kelly was just trying to warm his guys up for next week. News flash, lose next week and Bombers are done.

.......injuries.....lets see......key guy on special teams ...Shawn Gallant....Jovon Johnson.....defence and punt returner..Jonathan Hefney.....key db. guy....ouch......IF these guys can't go....doesn't look good :thdn:

.....Kelly goes off on Irving...Says the effort they gave was up to 'snuff'.....he says that take that the Bombers didn't is bull$hit...his exact words to Bob Irving...I don't remember Bud Grant going off on anyone like that :oops: Not a good time to lose it Mike...i think an apology is necessary to Irving...I know Kelly is passionate about the Bombers and gets carried away...but c'mon ////decorum Mike ...decorum...If the BigBlue lose next week...i would say Irving will be asking more and tougher questions :wink:

Papa - I heard Kelly lose it on Irving, and as much as I've stood behind Kelly "most" of the year, did he ever lose any respect I had for him on that temper tantrum. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the moment that will cost Kelly his job at the end of the year - unless they make it a long way in the playoffs (which is not very likely).

Very, very unprofessional, possibly beyond any hope of repair.

Anybody that wants to hear it should be able to get it on the CJOB Audio Vault - later today and beyond. (takes time for them to post )

http://www.cjob.com > Audio Vault > Sunday Nov 1st > 3:00PM - 4:00PM > Exact moment was about 3:10PM.

....Something more troubling is the obvious ....dumb....player moves....I mentioned in another post that you can't play valuable players like Jovon Johnson on punt returns....it may have just come back to bite us in the a$$...I hope i'm wrong and he can go in the most important game of the year....otherwise the serious questions will begin...Titus Ryan was more than capable at returning punts...I don't get it....If you're going to play a game with that lack-lustre effort....WHY?????are you putting your ace players at risk....I 'd say the same thing about the Als. concerning Calvillo....except he's in a little different and protected positon on the field...and i did notice in the Als. 'lack-lustre' game against us in the Peg...A.C. didn't see the field.. :roll:

I agree he owes Irving a apology. You lose 48 13, wtf did he expect ? We better fix the play calling or we are dead.

Play calling from the start seemed to be to try and get the running game going, We wasted down after down putting Bishop in 2nd and long. I wonder why they did not feel the same game plan that had previously won 4-5 was not good enough. We came out passing in most of those wins.

Like I said we split the series with the Als, so maybe try and keep it in perspective?? Just a thought :thup: I can understand Kelly`s response, Winnipeg is the most improved team in the CFL, has a real shot at going to the Cup, even with todays loss.

Sask lost bad the other day, reporters are not ripping Riders like they do Bombers. I understand! I am sick of the piling on myself.

Did you listen to it? Nobody piled on anything. It was a general discussion (before Mike was on air) about how the team did not look ready for the game. When Mike got on air he flipped out saying that thought is nothing more than media bull****, then basically hung up on them! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! He wasn’t even asked a SINGLE QUESTION at that point! It was not a response - it was simply a loss of temper!

I will agree that the game plan was completely wrong, and although Bishop did not have a great game he was not given the chance to have a good game. He was also very good and protecting the ball when he got in trouble which is a good sign. This was not the QB’s fault(s) today. It was the offence as a whole, starting at the very top!

I am not upset that we lost the game, and I am not even upset that we lost the way we did. But I am upset about Kelly’s comments on the the post game - THAT WAS OUT OF PERSPECTIVE!

That's the true blue Mike Kelly for you. If the players truly rally by themselves, they win. If they have to rely on Kelly's gameplan, they're screwed. And then Kelly has the balls to flip out and say stupid things all the time. The only award i'd nominate this guy for is flake of the year. Least proffesional coach in CFL history :thdn:

Kelly's mental breakdowns have nothing to do with coaching...

As you know every team in the league plays valuable players on special teams whether it's as a returner or in another position because the rosters aren't big enough not to. That's a fact of life in the CFL. Do you know whether Jovon Johnson was hurt on a ST play or was it when he was playing defense? Injuries happen but you can't let the threat of injury decide who plays where.

The reason why the Bombers have to use Jovon to return kicks is because they use two roster spots for kickers they don't have room on their roster for a returner. This most certainly is a "choice" by the coach and a lack of scouting. It appears there is not one kicker who can do both jobs in Murphy's 8000 contacts. Returning kicks expends a lot of energy and is not a good idea for a guy playing defensive on every down.

Did you listen to it? Nobody piled on anything. It was a general discussion (before Mike was on air) about how the team did not look ready for the game. When Mike got on air he flipped out saying that thought is nothing more than media bull****, then basically hung up on them! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! He wasn’t even asked a SINGLE QUESTION at that point! It was not a response - it was simply a loss of temper!

NO ,sorry I did not read or hear it, was just speaking of my general experience since rooting for Bombers this year. There is a awful lot of press and pundits that like to beat up on the Bombers when they have a bad game. Not the same treatment other teams get, there is an element of piling on in that regard, it`s unmistakable. So no I did not hear it, I am just in agreement with Mike on the Glen Suitors of the world etc who love to rip the Bombers for sport.

And everybody knows I am rooting for the Bombers because of Bishop, however I have become a fan of the team, johnny come lately, yes! So I know that much of the complaints are on Kelly and Bishop, the media love to rip them both, so that`s where I come from.

If Heffney and Johnson are out next week, don't even bother going to the game. Glenn will be throwing deep TD's all night long.

Tough luck injuries for Winnipeg. Hopefully those two players are ok.

I think Hamilton is the most improved by a mile

I have to admit, this game was actually pretty funny. Did you see Bishop calling the TD pass to Ryan was it, at the line. This was barely more than a scrimmage, I wouldn't expect the Bombers to afford the TiCats the same courtesy next week.

Let's hope not. I'm expecting the game of the year.

I wouldn't bank on it. Odds are the weather is going turn any day now and the conditions will make it a schat show.