Merge NFL Europe with the CFL?

No

When I saw the thread title and the author, that’s the first thing that was in my mind. Then, I checked the date… nope, not April 1.

If this be a viable idea, let’s start by BROADCASTING the CFL game in Europe (Germany) first. If the ratings be profitable, then we could consider expansion.

The 100th Grey cup comes to mind, it should be a WORLDWIDE EVENT!!

Never happen if the CFL listens to those stuck in the proverbial archaic mud like many posters in this thread. To them everything is just perfect, no need to change anything or investigate anything beyond what we have now. Which is excellent, I agree, but let’s at least give the league a green light to look into some creative ideas to say “hey world, this is us, Canada, the CFL and a great brand of ball and we are partners with the NFL in this great game called gridiron football.” A bit too risky for these sorts around here, they’ve probably never been outside of their own neighbourhoods in their life I’d imagine. :?

I'd like to see a team in London.
London.....wait for it.....ONTARIO!!!
YUK YUK

Apologies all around!

Why the necessity to cast aspersions on others who don’t agree with you, Earl?

You imagine wrongly in my case anyway… I’ve been to more than 40 other countries all over the world, in fact I spend most of my working time out of Canada and North America. I don’t think I’m stuck in mud, proverbial or otherwise.

Nor do I think everything is perfect. I just happen to like the unique Canadian-ness of the CFL, as many others here evidently do. That is central to the appeal of the game and the league for me.

To me, this initiative Bob put forward (however seriously he might have intended it) would be a mistake. I feel it would put at risk our heritage as a unique brand of football, and make us clearly a feeder league for the NFL. I don’t want to go there.

You disagree. Fair enough. No need to impugn people’s motives or presume their attitudes.

I don't care if you live in a cardboard BOX, and haven't TRAVELLED OUTSIDE of the SEWAGE SYSTEM ... this is a STUPID, NON STARTER of a HALF BAKED Idea ... and I use the term IDEA loosely ...

This League CAN'T EVEN go NATIONAL ... what in the name of Ben Zambiasi makes ANYONE think it could go GLOBAL ... especially when one of the MOST POWERFUL BRANDING MACHINES on the planet are, in the words of the Wizard himself - "LOSING THEIR SHIRTS" !!?????

NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!

ENERGY, EFFORT and RESOURCES (ie Money !!) should be put into getting the CFL Product into TWO more CANADIAN Cities ...

Then MAYBE after a solid DECADE of a Ten Team league this Idea would not seem so FARCICAL !!

Peace.

Methinks Bob is stirring the pot and trying to get a reaction.

You disagree. Fair enough. No need to impugn people's motives or presume their attitudes.

I hear you steve, I admit I do tend to try and "force" (if I could do that but I'm not very good at I'll admit) my opinions on others at times. My apologies, that narcissistic trait comes out in me every so often, I think I get it from Michael Moore. :wink: I'll shut-up about this for now, the best thing is I personally love the CFL exactly the way it is now and have no qualms if it stays like this for a very long time, as long as it is healthy and survives. Going to Cats games are for me the best entertainment value going.

Bob knows how to get us going now doesn't he? 8)

(Meanstreak) I don't care if you live in a cardboard BOX, and haven't TRAVELLED OUTSIDE of the SEWAGE SYSTEM ... this is a STUPID, NON STARTER of a HALF BAKED Idea ... and I use the term IDEA loosely ...

Hey Meanstreak: Enough of the shyness already!
Its time to come out of your shell and say whats on your mind!

No sweat Earl. We all love the CFL, that's what counts.

Have a good weekend.

Bob has a way to go before he matches my apparant “stupid, non-starter, half-baked” ideas… :lol:

Seriously, it’s not a half bad idea . The only hitch would be Time-Zones and subsequent broadcast schedules…and og course we all the know the Argos will get the preferred schedule…sighhhh

Travel considerations and ‘jet-lag’ could also be a problem…

…but all in all, it’s a neat idea and worth looking at…in the end, CFL football is entertainment and has to change at some point to reflect the global marketplace…we like tradition but let’s not get too ‘stuck in the muck’ either.

Technology is making the world an awfully small place, so if there is a way, lets encourage the will…I mean, whoever would have thought that an egg that plops out of a chicken’s butt would make a great tasting omlette?

:wink:

Lets worry bout filling stadiums in a 8 CFL cities before we decide to even think about growing. IMO the only way this league will prosper will be by staying in Canada

Its a Canadian game and we like it that way! Baltimore was a failure, we need Ottawa back ASAP and a team outeast and we will be fine.

Well maybe this would help fill the stadiums.

Instead of doing these silly polls to CFL fans they should be polling non fans, asking them why they don’t come out to the games. I bet the majority would say because it’s too hard to get excited about an 8 team league and the talent level would be an issue as well. And I’m not saying there is no talent, but the average person will obviously think it’s far inferior to the NFL.

The Reason for that
look Salary Caps for 1 thing .
The NFL cap for 2007 is set to be $109 Million.
the CFL Cap for 2007is [b]4.5-million [/b] Total gap= 104.50 Millon

Five NFL franchises worth over $1 billion
Including Washington New England and Dallas
A Fee to Enter the CFL is 6 Millon ..

Ticket Prices

Here link to Avg NFL Prices in 2005

[url=http://www.teammarketing.com/fci.cfm?page=fci_nfl_05.cfm]http://www.teammarketing.com/fci.cfm?pa ... nfl_05.cfm[/url]

Avg Ticket Price $58.95 Avg Price Per Seat
High Price NEW ENGLAND $90.8 9Avg Price Per Seat
Low Price BUFFALO $39.3
CFL Price in Hamilton best seat Per game 76.00

The Cost to Run a CFL Team are way Less
The NFL Makes Billions in Revenue
Most CFL Clubs are lucky to Make a Small Profit or brake Even some lose money and Fold Ottawa

The NFL Makes Billions Alone on the Superbowl ads
The Grey cup Ads are way Cheaper.

So the Kind of Athletes you get is worth more.
The Games are Also Very Different on Field.
So Kind Athlete would be Different.

You Really Can't Compare the Two Leagues
One is aJuggernaut of Money and Profit Who only Rich Can Afford to See live
One is Value Entertainment Everyone can see.

You'll Never see kid from Enter City in New York Going to Giants Game

you will see that in Hamilton.

the CFL Cap for 2007is $3.8-million
I think the CFL cap is 4.1 million this year

its $4.05M this year.

As long we dont change the CFL game because of it.

Thank U
I update my Cap Info With Correct Info

lol i'm bumping this