Memo To Roy Shivers

Dear Roy, I don't know if you will be back next year or not. I am willing to bet that you will be, and I am fine with that. But what I want from you right now is to work on your recruitment of Canadian Talent. The two best college teams in the Country will be playing this saturday only 2.5 hrs away from Regina. COME TO THE GAME. do some scouting, talk to the players. One of the players is already one of your draftees, (Ryan Gotslieg) come there watch him play, Come and watch the mountainous O-line play. One guy, Chris Sutherland is available for the draft this year and he is massive and strong. (I know this, I used to play hockey against him, and lets just say that when he was in front of the net, there wasn't any moving of him, and I am a big guy, and that was 8 years ago.) Get rid of Thomas, put Sutherland in there. (I am pretty sure he is a Tackle) I am sure Laval has a hell of a team as well, and maybe you can scout some of them. One of your biggest downfalls throughout your career here Roy, has been not recruiting good Canadian Talent. Especially at Reciever.

Plus its gonna be one hell of a football game, and you should come and watch it anyways.

For once I agree with you. B.C. has some amazing Canadian receivers on there team that I would trade for. If we could get Charles Thomas off our line, and if Childress retires next season(hopefully not) it would be nice to get some young Canadians in there. O'Day and Makowski also aren't getting any older. I would love to see Shivers back next year, but one thing that really made me angry is when he said he would keep all his coaches. Marcell Bellefulle has to go without a doubt. The problem with him was he created his whole offence around Matt D. and could never compensate for that. If we can't get a starting QB Crandell will do, but at least bring in a young guy who can learn.

Dear Roy,
Stop your bitchin & moanin ( your typical response to fans) and respond to the fans in a courteous manner, last time we checked they pay your freaking salary, step up and be a man... get rid of the dead weights - Greene, Thomas, Bellefool - trade Keith - and release Smith before this gets any uglier, your ass is on the line so act like it instead of giving us your I am from "The Hood" Lip.

Signed,
Pissed Off Board of Directors

Hey this Arm Chair Board of Directors is FUN!!

If you expext Motor Mouth Shivers to listen to you or anyone else, don't hold your breath. This moron has an ego the size of Taylor Field, even though he has done SFA during his tenure as Rider GM. Anyone who thinks the Greene/Crandell combo is a suitable solution to your QB troubles has defenitely got a serious problem with seperating reality from fantasy.

I couldn't agree more with your list of dead weights on the Riders. IMO, any receiver not named Matt D could also be added to that list. Receivers like Thurmon and French would have a hard time catching a cold if they ran around naked at the North Pole.

I shouldn't complain too much about the Rider BoD not having the cajones to fire Shivers. Keeping him around almost guarantees the Esks streak of consecutive years in the playoffs will continue :slight_smile:

Go Esks

first thurman had over a 1000. just wanted to point that out. when i was in montreal i was watching sports net and they said the board had a meeting with roy and roy said no changes next season. the board said a coaching change (oc)and a new qb for next season and they gave roy till sat to change his mind.they did have the meeting on sat but no announcements till after grey cup. so do you think he changed his mind or not?

I would doubt Roy would listen..he's holding the trump card...Fire him at great cost or stick with the status quo? Lets hope I am wrong....iam tired of teh status quo

[quote="mikegoriders96969"]first thurman had over a 1000. just wanted to point that out. when i was in montreal i was watching sports net and they said the board had a meeting with roy and roy said no changes next season. the board said a coaching change (oc)and a new qb for next season and they gave roy till sat to change his mind.they did have the meeting on sat but no announcements till after grey cup. so do you think he changed his mind or not?

Roy a good G M stands behind his coaches and players come hell or high water ! ! ! ! a great G M looks to improve his team irregardles of their sucess or failures

what are you good or great ? ? ? ? ?

......he's yours for a least another year......confirmed today......