MEMO RE USING THIGPEN ON OFFENSE (hi-resolution)

If we can rotate our D linemen with great results I don't see the problem in doing so with our RB/WR's. This should be a no-brainer in my humble opinion.

(I believe we have either the top or one of the top D lines in the league by rotating, in effect, 5 starters in 4 positions).

By the way, until proven otherwise I don't plan on changing the reference about Hamilton in my signature.

I understand that stuff had to be held back versus the Lions to not tip the Argos (and by extension the Als) on what has been planned for Thiggy in the playoffs. But...same kind of underutilization happened re Thiggy on the "O". I really hope this changes on Sunday's playoff game!

If McDaniel cannot go in the EDSF due to his injury, I would love to see Thiggy moved into the slot as part of a rotation. Having him challenge the Argos over the top is going to force Toronto to "pick their poison" -- Bruce may be able to get single coverage in that scenario because I do not think the Argos have anyone on D that can match Thiggy's acceleration in man coverage! Matchup nightmares for the Boatmen work for me...

Moving him between HB amd SB during the game will create enough challenges for Toronto's D -- find Marcus The Missile if you can!

It's the playoffs and our "X" factor must be showcased and maximized to the fullest.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Russ, the Archie Amerson approach you've been trumpeting is one I can wholeheartedly get behind. I think that would be a great use of Thigpen's talents. Get him in open space and let him make something happen. If McDaniel can't go next week, Thigpen would be a great addition to the receiving corp.

Lets get Thiggy some votes!

http://tsn.ca/CFL/POY2010/pool_b.aspx

Shameless bump / prop for our Rookie of the Tear candidate! :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Thiggy has to play more – period. The days of having a traditional “starting lineup” of 12 guys who play all 4 quarters are long gone…players sub in and out on every play according to formation and situation. Even traditional positions have changed…RB’s line up as receivers…inside receivers and outside receivers are often interchangeable…
Thiggy and Cobb both bring the ability to run and catch, from the line as well as from the backfield. The running dimension is one the receivers don’t bring. Utilizing Thiggy … and Cobb…and both together…makes it difficult for the defense to adjust pre-snap…
Thiggy has a nose for the endzone. The defense might in fact adjust to contain him, but that in itself is a positive. The defense will also double Bruce, but he doesn’t sit on the bench as a result.

I want to see all of our weapons in and out on a regular basis…Thigpen…Bauman…Carter…especially after 3 games against the Argos already. Different people…different looks…upset the Argos comfort level with our Offense…