Medlock's status

Anyone know what what Justin Medlock's story is? I seem to remember this dude being able to boot balls to the moon. Assume he's an import though.

Seeing 31 yard punts is really starting to wear on me.

Setta could do both jobs!! bring him back.

I was pretty surprised when they let him go. He had a disappointing year, but man, that guy seemed to work hard. Was good in the community, seemed committed to the team. Miss that guy.

And it's kind of sad when I hear comments like "well he did lose a couple of games for us" like its one guy that lost the game for us. What about the QB or RB that didn't make the first down or the receiver that dropped a pass in the end zone that would have given us 7 points instead of trying for the FG!! I think Setta had the best punting average last year and a pretty good FG average too.

Plus, he was injured, wasn't he?

Medlock was released by the Argos on July 16th. They are staying with Boreham and Shaw. It's been reported that Medlock said he would not play anywhere else in the CFL except Toronto.

He should consult a map and reconsider.

Right now I'd rather just see them try Palardy as kicker for a game or 2.

I don't think that's true. The Winnipeg Sun had a couple of quotes from Medlock in an article last week and it said nothing about him refusing to play anywhere but Toronto.

What's up with DeAngelis anyways? Has he truly lost it at such a young age and already? :?

8) Do you have a link to verify those statements please ???
 That is required on this site, you know, at least according to "zenstate", that is !!!   <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Palardy is not cfl material. If you think that we can contend for the Grey Cup with a kicker of that calibre…then you must be smoking rope. :cowboy: I can’t ever remember having such a poor punter in Hamilton…we always had great punters here. I would get Medlock here asap and if not him, them Setta…for sure.

The assumption that De Angelis and Palardy will get the kicking game done is somewhat of a joke. Field position is paramount and if you noticed a 27 fiels goal adds a degree of difficulty for Sandro. Palardy is a horrid punter and I can not see what Obie sees in this guy? Both of these guys are a huge disapointment. The same thing with Cobb, the coaching staff had him penciled in a as the starter. I believe this is a huge problem beacuse Summers is a much better runner. Just imagine, Summers and Phiggy in the backfield. A nice combination that create problems for any defence.

if you're blaming kickers for not being able to score touchdowns u guys got more problems than i thought.

could it be.. that maybe just maybe.. the ticats arent as good as the "experts" would have us beleive and all that pre-season hype went to their heads?

wheres bruce? wheres cobb?

glenns been pulled twice in 4 games.

but its just 1 player, its a 35 yard punt avg, its the fg kicker missing a fg.. yup.. lose by 1 or 2, ok blame the missed fg or crappy punt, lose by 24......

I doubt his career is over but he may never be as good

8) All it would take is a phone call from Obie to get the real answer from Mr. Medlock.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Raleigh,NC

The Carolina Panthers announced the signing of former UCLA Bruin & NFL Journymen Place Kicker Justin Medlock on Monday Afternoon.

The Panthers had orginally planned to pin their kicking hopes on Rookie Kicker Todd Carter [out of Grand Valley State] however as teams took the field for opening week of camp yesterday Carter tore his Hamstring in a routine kicking drill & is expected to miss 6-8 weeks.

Medlock spend last season with the Toronto Argonaunts of the Canadian Football league taking over the spot created by the retirement of former NFL Kicker Mike Vanderjagt, where he quickly become among the best in the league at his position. A good enough Job to earn him a future contract with the NFL's Washington Redskins. On June 14th Medlock was waived by the Redskins & later claimed by the Detroit Lions, [another team that was had strong intrest in Medlock prior to Justin signing in Washington] but was waived by the Lions just 14 days later.

Medlock played at the ULCA University converting on 70 of 88 FG attempts [79%] & was a 5th RD selection of the Kansas City Cheifs in 2007 160th Overall. Medlock's NFL Experience is short, having only attempted 2FG, converting on one from 27yards & Missing one from 30Yards in week 1 of the 2007 Season.

Not bad, good thing he waited around & didn't jump at signing an CFL Contract.

All os not lost The Green Riders Just Cut this American
Mind you I'd like to keep a Canadian Punting for us

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louie_Sakoda

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Louie Sakoda
Date of birth: October 28, 1986 (1986-10-28) (age 23)
Place of birth: San Jose, California
Career information
CFL status: Import
Position(s): P/K
Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
Weight: 175 lb (79 kg)
Jersey ?: 3
College: Utah
Organizations
As player:
2009-present San Diego Chargers
Saskatchewan Roughriders
Playing stats at CFL.ca

Louie Sakoda is a free agent football punter/kicker. In college, he played for the Utah Utes. He was considered the top kicker prospect for the 2009 NFL Draft, but went undrafted. He has signed as a free agent with the San Diego Chargers, but was released before the season. [1] On October 14, 2009, he signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League.[2] Sakoda was released by the Roughriders on August 2, 2010 after struggling at the start of the season.

CAREER RECORD WATCH(Utah)

* Field Goal Pct.: .864 (1st)
* Field Goals Made: 57 (1st)
* Field Goal Attempts: 66 (1st, tie)
* PAT Made: 137 (1st)
* PAT Attempts: 140 (1st)
* PAT Pct.: .979 (4th)
* Scoring (Overall): 308 (1st)
* Scoring (Kick): 308 (1st)

* Punts: 242 (1st)
* Punt Yards: 10,188 (1st)
* Punt Average: 42.1 (3rd)
* 50-yard Punts: 50 (1st)

* 2007 Rivals.com first team All-American kicker[3]

* 2007 SI.com second team All-American punter[4]
* 2007 CBS Sports first team All-American punter[5] and FWAA[6]
* 2008 unanimous consensus first team All-American kicker (received the honor after being named to the AP,[7]AFCA,[8] FWAA,[9] Sporting News,[10] and the WCFF[11] teams)

According to Drew, Palardy is working really hard with Easley on his punting at the moment and Sandro is taking some serious reps at punter also.