Mcpherson a Stampeder?

i am not surprised too many question marks on Mitchell if he can handle a 18 game schedule,Tate is built like glass and a concern.

Members don’t ban anyone and to get banned here you have to be a Primo Ahole.

How can you go wrong with Adrian as your #3 QB ! :thup:

Exactly.

Makes for a really competitive training camp, and the potential to actually
improve at the qb position.

Well done Huf! :thup:

I wonder what they're paying him. I can't see him coming back for less than a substantial raise from what he made with the Als. $100k plus? Maybe the Stamps will be the next team with cap issues. Or he could just be trade bait. Or are there undisclosed problems with Tate and/or Mitchell? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe they guaranteed him a starting position. :wink:

Since he was a free agent last season and got no offers I would suggest the decision to move from the AFL to the CFL is based on his getting a raise from his AFL salary of last year OR he hopes to have a chance to become a starter and get a bigger contract in the future. I wouldn’t assume he was in a strong bargaining position.

Three starting QBs? Oh to have that problem going into camp!

I'm confident the Stamps will figure it out, and they are going to be tough once again especially if also they shore up their secondary. They just signed an import to help.

Wouldn't it be something if Brandon Browner returned, but I guess the CFL will have none of it though his ban from the NFL was for repeated marijuana use. There is another thread about all that.

Ya I guess McPherson a 5 year #2 to pro footballs all time leading passer isn't all that bad after all.
Maybe getting a look at some of last years back ups, Demarco, Neiwswander, Hall, i could go on.
As for salary the lost Glenn and replaced him with A MAC so the money for a QB was there and Bo Levi still under hi rookie contract for one more year

I guess you guys are right, Huff's no dummy and isn't known for throwing cash around aimlessly. Just surprised me is all. I thought if MacPherson surfaced anywhere it would be Winnipeg or Ottawa.

Why do you worry about the cap regarding Calgary? Why should they have cap issues because they signed Adrian McPherson? Last season Calgary had Glenn,Tate and Mitchell and no cap issues. Glenn is now in Ottawa and I am 100% positive that McPherson will be paid/is paid less than Glenn. No cap issues!

Richard

Not worried. It’s an observation not a critcism. It’s not just the QB situation where they have 3 potential starters who likely want to be paid accordingly, they’re going to have to find more money for a few positions. The cap raise that many expect will cause a lot of players to clamor for renegotiations, particularly Cornish though he’s not the only one I would expect. Unless the cap goes up significantly and there are lot of raises I expect there will be player unrest across the league. Btw I’m not so sure Glenn was being paid more in Calgary than McPherson will be. How are you so sure?

I could be mistaken but I believe that since the SMS has been in place Calgary has never gone over the cap. They had 3 quarterbacks on the roster last season, the cap is supposed to go up, I don’t see Calgary having a problem in that regard.

As for the trade making sense, it really doesn’t make sense to me either but it only has to make sense to John Hufnagel.

I'd bet money Tate is going going gone. Huff is looking to shore up that "D" too many points given up last year. Get something for Tate BEFORE he gets hurt again, maybe the Bombers??

Smart move by Huff.

…may be a smart move by Huff but it would be a smarter move by the Bombers to never consider Buck 2 as a qb. in the Peg…Not only is he injury prone, he’s a blow-top who needs coddling…Can’t see O’Shea doing that :lol: I’m afraid the stumps will have to peddle him somewhere else :wink:

I hope you are right, the Bombers have suffered enough :lol: but they are in need of a QB, just like the little mouse who knows better than to stick his nose in that trap but in the end just can’t resist :smiley:

Burris, Collaros,Tate,Mcpherson. Any of these guys would be improvements over the guys the Bombers have fielded the last few years. You can’t take a QB with zero CFL experience and stick him behind a bunch of stiff of an oline, an OC that had no idea what he’s doing and expect to be successful. Fans got a hell of an education in Winnipeg…

Do you want to know what I find wrong with your post?..…Not much.

That’s a first :lol:

Winnipeg sports fans are really fantastic in how they support their teams and I think it was used against them with the Bombers for a long time. Hope the new management will bring success. You guys sure deserve it.

Maybe Huff is thinking of doing some dual QB stuff like Hamilton did? Have your "pocket passer" as the guy and throw in McPherson or Tate who are both known to be mobile for some short yardage or some "wild cat" I feel this could be a scheme signing....