McMaster quarterback facing criminal charges

McMaster quarterback charged with assault, suspended

The top quarterback in Canadian University football and a favourite for the Hec Crighton award will sit out McMaster’s game this week as he faces multiple assault charges, including assaulting of a police officer.

Marauder quarterback Kyle Quinlan has been charged with one count of assault and two counts of assault against a police officer in connection with an incident Saturday night at the campus bar, TwelveEighty.

~ more ~

[url=http://www.thespec.com/sports/local/article/594913--mcmaster-quarterback-charged-with-assault-suspended]http://www.thespec.com/sports/local/art ... -suspended[/url]

So they let a guy who allegedly assaulted police go free that night.
Then 4 days later charge him?
That doesn't seem right.

Well I can see Don Cherry telling this guy if he can skate half decent to try hockey, that's what they are looking for on most teams, an "enforcer". :slight_smile:

deerhunter never seems to actually care about the game of football. Only the drama and goofy stuff surrounding it.

.....speaking of football and goofy, I've always wondered who thought designing a ball that doesn't look or act anything like a ball was a good idea. It must have been an interesting thought process.

I'm glad they did though :wink:

Does that mean he's not a real fan?

Why is it called 'football' when it's not played with the foot most of the time? That's goofy.

lol @ Ockham....and for the life of me, I can't tell you how many times I cringe when I see a returner scoop up a bouncing ball at full speed. One odd bounce by the ball and it spells disaster.

It's a crazy ball with a mind of it's own! :lol:

I know you weren't actually looking for the answer, but I figured Id post it anyways lol.

I do believe that they started calling it football because the ball was originally a foot in length....or at least close to it. Present day the ball varies between 11 inches - 11 1/4 inches.

I always thought it was because it developed from Rugby Football, which had developed from Football (aka Soccer).

But back on topic (sort of), there is interest in this story because a) Quinlan plays for McMaster, b) he attended Ticats training camp this year, c) he is one of the leading candidates for Hec Crighton this year, or at least was until this episode, and d) he is another Canadian quarterback who has the potential to crack the lineup of a CFL team. I see nothing wrong with DH's posting of this story. In fact, I probably would have missed it if he hadn't. So, thanks.

It's truly stunning how long it takes to get some people to understand very simple things. I explained to Ockham once in a PM at least 4-5 times that he is on my foe list and I cannot see his posts yet he just keeps replying to me like I can. It's staggering how low the comprehension is.

The only way I can see what he posts is when someone quotes him like Cooler51 did above. Can the mods please find a way so that even in a quote the foe's words won't show up? When someone adds someone to their foe list they are clearly not interested in anything the person has to say.

Ticats.ca has an official stalker and his name is Ockham. The guy had a one time disagreement with me over Bauman's TD celebration over a year ago and he has turned that into a reason to stalk me everywhere I post here. The mods at least have finally noticed and even Mr. Young and I had a PM exchange about him. They have at least finally seen what a mentally unstable person he is.

I just hope he only stalks from the KB and not people in real life. He is certainly in love with the act of stalking.

"allegedly"? isn't it funny how everyone sticks up for this guy because he's local. I was surprised that no one mentioned this story yesterday morning when it first came out. Yet if it was a player from the NFL or another area every one would be condemning him. Police don't make up theses stories, he assaulted a cop and I hope he pays big time, he will never win the Hec Creighton trophy now. QBs are supposed to be model citizens, leaders and they set the example. The guy should have just walked away - too much alcohol? doesn't matter, doesn't excuse him. As for charging him now, that's what happens sometimes it takes a few days to sort out the charges.

I do not share your experience or feeling on this at all.

For my part, I have always enjoyed Ockham's posts in this forum. We have disagreed very markedly on some issues, mostly ones not relating directly (or even indirectly) to football as it happens, but I find him to be polite and intelligent regardless of the subject. I can't imagine putting him on my foes list. (I do have one, but it is thankfully short).

Your experience with him or anyone else has nothing to do with my experiences with him or anyone else. When someone gets stalked online for 1+ years over a disagreement there are some deep issues.

You're trying to compare perspectives and views here.. things you really can't compare at all.

Ockham has always treated me nice......we chat in private occasionally and he's always been a gentleman and really friendly.....totally normal conversations too so I don't understand your position and why you have to post it publicly.

but, since you did, I felt it my duty to respond

But back on topic (sort of), there is interest in this story because a) Quinlan plays for McMaster, b) he attended Ticats training camp this year, c) he is one of the leading candidates for Hec Crighton this year, or at least was until this episode, and d) he is another Canadian quarterback who has the potential to crack the lineup of a CFL team. I see nothing wrong with DH's posting of this story. In fact, I probably would have missed it if he hadn't. So, thanks.
@ Cats Fan in Ottawa:

Yes, that was my line of thinking.

We all, at times, follow and post about, the up and comers from McMaster even before they crack a CFL line-up. Jesse Lumsden and Kojo Aidoo come to mind.

This sad news about the McMaster QB is big news in CFL circles (especially the scouting and GM departments)

In principle I agree with you.. my experiences with other members have nothing to do with yours. While I'm sorry you have difficulties with another member, fundamentally, your experiences are none of my business.

But you are the one who raised the subject matter of his posts and treatment of you. If you didn't intend any response or expected only responses that were in agreement with your own view, why bother posting as you did for the forum to see? If you do post your views here, it becomes open to others to comment. Since you cast aspersions on another member who I have had nothing but pleasant dealings with, I felt free to point out my own perspective contrary to the one you expressed.

If your experiences are unique, then surely that is something that need not be aired here, but should be between you, the moderators and him.

Allegations yet to be proven in court, thus alledgedly.
I live one block away from Mac, and I am no fan of the students or institution.
The police DO make up these stories.
The police DO NOT release someone who has assaulted them.

Ima sooo gonna be the first guy to quote on Ockham.

Everyone makes mistakes Cut the kid a Break ..
it will all work out

Stalking? Ouch. I hope you don't lose any sleep because of it. Perhaps you should contact the RCMP or Interpol and report me.

What you call stalking I call responding to uncalled for shots at people. Deerhunter posted a new thread, you didn't like it, insulted him, so I called you on it. Stop insulting people and I won't have any reason to quote or "stalk" you.

As for the Bauman episode - you came after me after I criticized him showboating his way into the end zone.

I've read the rules. There is no restriction on who a member can quote. There is however a rule against personal attacks.