McMahon Stadium

I would appreciate some info/confirmation relative to this Friday's game.
The game start time is 7:30 MDT, what time do the gates open?
Driving time from Calgary International to the Stadium using Route 2 to Route 1?
Understand the restaurant NOtaBLE is only about 5 minutes from the stadium, comments on the restaurant?
I assume a warm coat will be appropriate, temperature in the 40's?
How is the parking at the stadium?
I would greatly appreciate your comments.
Thanks.

1. Gates are 1 hour ahead of time, but the parking lot is far more exciting for pre game festivities. Should be a good atmosphere with the Riders fans in town. Unfortunatly brings a heightened police presence as they cruise around on mountain bikes but everyone is having fun for the most part.
  2. No more than 30 Minutes, unless "Route 1" which is 16th avenue gets backed up. I have never gone to a game from that direction.
  3. I have never been to Notable but when I do hear of it, it is people inviting clients and having a classy dinner. They have a very good reputation though.
  4. At game time it will probably be closer to 5 degrees celcius, for me a born and raised Calgarian is a hoody with jersey over top. But be comfortable! Better to be over dressed than under.
  5. Parking at McMahon is pass holders only. The last time I heard there was a 7 year waiting list for parking passes. There is free parking not far from the stadium in the neighbourhood streets. But I usually take the train to the game.

What RM14 said. Overdress..you can always take off a layer and bring something for your head, if the winds decide to blow (and they often do) there's this thing called windchill...

Take the C-Train...don't even think about trying to park at the stadium! If you're staying downtown it's real easy as the train runs down 7th and McMahon isn't far from the core. It's not a comfortable stadium BTW and there's not a lot of creature comforts but the Calgary folks are always fun...enjoy!

I justed checked ticketmaster.ca and good tickets for the game Friday seem to be almost non existent , there's a few way up top in the corners but other than that, not much ...... it looks like the watermelon heads will be there in big bunches.

I am at Happy Hour and doing this on my phone so please ignore typos, spelling and punctuation.
Thank you for the responses and info really appreciate it.The flight crew tells me they are planning to touchdown around noon so we can get thru customs, get our rent a car and checkin at he hotel before we head for the stadium area.
We are planning to eat at the NOtaBLE on Browness Road since one of our group wants Bison. We have been told, after several scotch and waters, we won't need heavy coats we will be one of the executive suites and will have one parking pass.
I have been ask not to say who is providing the tickets or which suite we will be in except it will be on the Stamps side of the field.
Looking forward to seeing your stadium, meeting local fans and enjoying a good game!

Unless you have a designated driver after the several scotch and waters, I would still recommend the train or a cab. Depending on what hotel you are at, it may or may not be too expensive.

Enjoy the game, if you have an couple of extra tickets we would be glad to go to the other side of the stadium and watch from a suite, lol. We will be in section S straight across from you about half way up and about the 51-53 yard line on the scoreboard side (south). We will wave. :cowboy: :lol: :lol:

By the way a nice Valpolacelo pairs quite favourably with bison.

We will be staying out near the airport, the Radisson Airport I think, since we will be taking off early Sat morning the flight crew can't drink so we will have designated drivers.
I have no idea what size this suite is or how many seats there are, I know there are four parking passes with the suite.
The last time I had Bison was in Denver, CO, deer and bear every year at home.
We will look for you and there better be a lot of waving and shouting from that area!

I'll be directly below you in Section "G". actually right in front of the "G". :wink:

I'll be the guy banging on the bottom of the media booth for each touchdown or sack! :rockin:

:cowboy:

Our condolences to all Canadians on the loss of your two Servicemen, they will never be forgotten, may they Rest In Peace.
Remembering the words of your National Anthem, to our Canadian Allies/Friends:
O Canada, we stand on guard with you!
May the Maple Leaf and Stars and Stripes always fly side by side!

I used to play for the U of M “Bisons”…not sure I agree with your menu choice. Stick with cow…they got a lot of those in Calgary…just sayin’.

Yeah, but the U of M "Bisons" were "tough"--no pun intended.
Personally, I will have the prime rib at the restaurant and then whatever they are serving at the stadium.

Grab a Huff Burger, seems appropriate! :cowboy:

I used to play for the U of M "Bisons"....not sure I agree with your menu choice. Stick with cow....they got a lot of those in Calgary....just sayin'.
[/quote]
Personally, I will have the prime rib at the restaurant and then whatever they are serving at the stadium.
[/quote]
[/quote]
And exactly what is a "Huff Burger"? And where do I get one?

Your guys are really getting into this :thup:

Looks that way. Things are quiet on the Hill until after the elections so if a Company plane is available on a weekend, and we can get a “kitchen pass” we will try and see a few more CFL games until the temperature drops too low.
Without doubt this is going to cost us, our wives are already planning “make up” trips they want.

[/quote]
[/quote]
And exactly what is a "Huff Burger"? And where do I get one?
[/quote]
Go to the Northeast corner of the stadium concourse, right behind the Olympic torch. It is the booth with Hufnagels likeness on the front.

Most guys would consider that a double win :lol:

Here ya go Challenger,not a very good likeness of Hufnagel(too much hair and he's actually smilin') :slight_smile:

There is some mean steakhouses in Calgary :rockin:

John Huffnagel Penn State Graduate, Nittany Lion QB

Challenger99 Penn State Graduate (Class of '63)