McClown and company

My memory is not the best but…

McClown’s mentioned it many times. He said the man they chose over him, ended up going broke - but not from owning a CFL team (altho, I’m sure that didn’t help :wink:).

I think it's important to differentiate those that report or comment on something negative about the CFL.....and legitimate haters in the media.

I've read a lot of media names on this board in recent years that would call out the Argos or the league (most of the time it was deserved) and suddenly those guys were brandished "Anti-CFL." Guys like Dave Naylor and Steve Simmons. Those guys have a long-time association with the league but have seen a lot of gong shows in the league's/Argos' front office and have called them out.

Someone like Dean Blundell on the hand, legitimately hates the league.

Yeah…for those jumping on this board for the first time they could easily assume that by many standards about 80% on here are CFL haters.

The CFL in Toronto needed a fresh start and we have it.

At first blush, it's possible ALL 9 teams could make money - not including Grey Cup revenue. As I've said many, many times, considering the League was on the verge of bankruptcy 20 years ago, that's amazing.

[quote="rhymes with orange"]I think it's important to differentiate those that report or comment on something negative about the CFL.....and legitimate haters in the media.

I've read a lot of media names on this board in recent years that would call out the Argos or the league (most of the time it was deserved) and suddenly those guys were brandished "Anti-CFL." Guys like Dave Naylor and Steve Simmons. Those guys have a long-time association with the league but have seen a lot of gong shows in the league's/Argos' front office and have called them out.

Someone like Dean Blundell on the hand, legitimately hates the league.[/quote

Dave nalor does not hate the CFL he is the biggest supporter in the league

I didn’t, too much smoke and mirrors, and style over substance. They were underfunded and Braley (who always gets to be the bad guy) bailed them out.

Had C&S not have screwed York the Argos might not have had the years of futility that they did.

There are quite a few people here who seem to have a negative agenda that goes beyond being a devil’s advocate and more to being some sort of external hater.

I have no idea why people would go out of there way to criticize one of the few truly Canadian leagues and keep kicking it even when it’s down. It’s f’n perverse that they would want to tear down a Canadian institution and replace it with foreign ones.

Take the TFC RPB group, many of whom despise the Argos and make up any excuse (as they come along) to rip the Argos. That might not be so bad if they wouldn’t lie so much and occasionally state something that was true. Sometimes I think a few here are members of that group. Good thing for them I’m not a mod.

When C and S were getting a new stadium and they fixed up Skydome with Argo decorations there was a revival . There were great crowds and a good atmosphere at the Skydome with anticipation of a new stadium and a Argos presence at the Skydome facility .

When they got back in bed with a lease with Rogers at Skydome with Braley's coaxing ; the roof caved in again .

[/b]

To me the folks on here who continually bash other sports/ leagues, in order to “bolster” the CFL, are just as ridiculous.

This is 100% correct.

Incessantly whining about Soccer Fan trashing the CFL and then hoping the Argos ruin the BMO turf causing injury to a soccer player is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Same thing with praising the CFL as a holy Canadian institution and then spewing vitriol about Rogers which is one of the greatest Canadian corporations in history.

Nothing worse than a hypocrite.

“This post was made by Area-51 who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.”

Just so you know.

That about says it all doesn’t it. If we didn’t already know you were trolling just to get a reaction there’s the definitive proof.

The company that has been labeled “the most loathed in Canada”, a company that wants to kill a Canadian institution and replace it with a foreign one, a company so hypocritical that while doing the previous is under the protection of Canadian law against foreign competitors and is hypocritical enough to bring out the flag to keep them out while trying to bring the NFL in. A company so vile even mild mannered Bob Young wrote a public letter protesting their behaviour.

Yup Troll51, I don’t know how you have managed to stay on this board. I looked at the code of conduct and you should be banned (as should I for my reactions to you) but I would gladly take a hit for the other people here if it took you out with me.

Not trying to bolster the CFL just trying to defend it, and those guys are the worst offenders. But my point is there would still be a lot of haters even if they didn’t exist. Why some want to be American wannabes (my only reasoning) and keep bashing the lowly CFL, I’ll never understand.

^^This.^^

Good handle. :thup: