McCarthy/Taaffe

How soon is too soon?

Oski Wee Wee,

I was a patient guy until I realized that Pat Fleming is going to be our offensive MVP for the year.

TRAINING CAMP 2007 starts Labour Day.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Oski Wee Wee,

Why is it that other teams can make strategic front office moves (ie Saskatchewan firing Shivers and hiring Tillman inside of one week) as well as tactical moves (Toronto firing Austin), and we always need to wait until the off-season.

WILL SOMEONE IN THIS ORGANIZATION JUST STEP UP AND SHOW SOME COURAGE AND MAKE SOME DECISIONS???!!!!!

Next season starts now! We won't get substantially better by releasing the likes of Randall and Yeast. We need major changes in personel, coaching, and front office. What are you waiting for?

I honestly think that Ron Lancaster has lost any connection with the players and other coaches on this team.
It is time, tonight, to hire a new head coach and new assistant coaches.
I have been supporting this organization since 1950 and I can not think of a more disorganized poor excuse for a team in all this time.
When the team was 1-17 they showed more togetherness and more life than the 2006 edition.

I am sure we will see changes early this week (probably Monday). There is always a small break before Labour Day, traditionally known as "Change Days" here in Hamilton.

The question is not who will be going, but who wants to come here !!

Modest proposal: new interim GM and head coach.

Get Mike McCarthy on the phone with Charlie Taaffe like yesterday.

Taaffe gets a three-year mission to explore strange new worlds with a training camp beginning Labour Day.

I wish I were joking. I'm not. There has to be some indication by the organization that what is going on now is PAST ACCEPTABLE.

My definition of interim: understand that this season is toast. Evaluate the personnel we have. Find playmakers.

Taaffe should be the man now. We can't wait.

As for McCarthy, get him in as interim GM ASAP. The Chris Dean sayonara gives a nice lateral featherbedding for Rob Katz.

Will sanity (or a more reasonable facsimile) prevail??

Oski-oui-oui wrote: My definition of interim: understand that this season is toast. Evaluate the personnel we have. Find playmakers.

Taaffe should be the man now. We can't wait.

As for McCarthy, get him in as interim GM ASAP. The Chris Dean sayonara gives a nice lateral featherbedding for Rob Katz.

Will sanity (or a more reasonable facsimile) prevail??

Totally agree.
Mike McCarthy would be the perfect fit. He has experience in this position, knows the Hamilton scene and is a hard worker.
There isn't too many people in football that Mike does not know.

The point being: usually you let a GM make the hire. My thinking is that McCarthy can assume the job ASAP, knowing the on-field product.

If they can work together, great. McCarthy would become permanent GM the first day of the offeseason.

If not, Charlie Taaffe is made GM/head coach and an associate GM would be brought in to help Taaffe with the day-to-day operations side (i.e. contracts). Rob Katz CAN do that.

Thank you. :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ my Friend.. I agree Taff should be Hired ASAP .. But Ted Michaels Said they will not do anything till seasons end..

That is Disappointing

I like this idea. Personally, I think we should be playing for a 1st overall pick... which we probably have at this point. There's a kid at mac that runs a 4.29.

Taafe will go either to a crash-and-burned Edmonton, a Rider team that fails in the playoff hunt yet again, or an expansion Ottawa franchise. Any one with two eyes would make those surer jumps than come to Tigertown.

If we are to get him, it has to be now.

THIS IS A CIRCUS. Time to let a good football man get his hands on this team.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

So we really need another Mac Kid?
we need OL more then anything..
Powel & Cook can't block anyone..
There both too dam slow..

Build a good OL cause without danny Quick Release Even tom Brady would Fail Here..

I agree Russ. We already let Eric Tillman slip by because of this nonsensical "after the season" thingy.

If a quality GM, Coach or player is available now...get them now.

He who hesitates is lost.

Guys I agree but it not going happen..
I want Charle Here.. badly...
Every Week I Leave my house make 30 min Trip in IWS to watch and Pray things will change at Pratice..

Every Week I am let down..
It gets harder and Harder to go..

Ok good thread, we hire mccarthy, get shivers to work with him, im not sure about taafe, but anything is better than ronnie

Anything would be better at this point
:cry:

Katz moves back to the business side, taking over the departing Chris Dean's tasks.

Mike McCarthy moves up to become GM and director of player personnel. (Lancaster moves back to CBC broadcast booth)

Mike brings in Charlie Taafe as Head Coach. Charlie gets some time to get the feel of the job, then makes decisions re assistants (but it must be the new HC decision re assistants )

You're welcome. LMAO :wink:

i agree, but management cant be cheap this time, they must allow the coach to hire coaches for every position, experienced coordinators, and a new strength coach, to get players in better shape so they wont get tired in the fourth quarter, and better threapists to help them prevent injuries. Also this team needs to be more strict and cut guys that act outta line.