McCallum guarantees he'll eat a gopher!!

:thup: Heard on radio today---

Lions and ex-Rider kicker Paul McCallum said that if the Riders beat his Lions he will eat a gopher raw. McCallum said he is not afraid as he claims gophers are part of Chinese food in Regina. McCallum went on to say ,"… I have eaten manure, played like manure and looked like manure – I can handle anything.!" McCallum went on to say that he is not afraid of missing another short field goal like he did when he was a Rider in the Western final two years ago. “I am consistent!’ When asked by a reporter if that suggests HE WILL MISS AGAIN McCallum replied,”… don’t put words or gophers in my mouth!!!" By Sunday afternoon we will know if Gophers have become a delicacy on the west wet coast as well.
-Riders Rule
Lions Drool

Burris lived up to his severence package, hopefully McCallum does too

....i wonder if Paul has got one more 'shank' left in him....to end the game for the leos.....oooooo would that be ironic......sorry Sport...couldn't resist that one... :lol:

Lions will win. Mark my words. I'd be more worried about Congi's punting abilities. Simply terrible.

Wouldn't it be ironic if it were McCallum to kick the game winning FG and send the Riders and their gopher fans running home with their tails between their legs?

Yes, that would be ironic as hell...and p.iss off a whole bunch of Rider fans in the process...:smiley:

.....wouldn't p.iss me off....I'm one of the minority who still likes McCallum and wishes him the best.....of course, "the best" could take a short vacation on Sunday and it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit.....

True enough.... but who says we'll need to punt? WE'll kick off after every drive! ( and no im not taking about congi running through the back of our endzone )

:cowboy:

wont happen :stuck_out_tongue: McCallum is like another X Rider BURRIS!! :lol: when is comes to the big show,they just dont have wut it takes!! They choke BIG time :lol: thats why we got rid of them :cowboy:

I'd it should already be worrisome for the Lions if the game has to come down to a late field goal. I'd expect them to win by a comfortable margin. A late tied game would be at the advantage of the Riders, at least confidence-wise...

Lions should win by at least 7. Not sure what the spread is, but I`d set it at about -8.5 Lions.

It won't come down to field goals. And Kenton Kieth may be effective slapping around bouncers or Stampeder defenders but not the likes of the Lions D. I'm happy so many Rider fans are coming to the game but the only thing you'll be enjoying is our beautiful scenery and the rye and cokes you brought with you.
Let's GO LIONS!

Lion Backer said Wouldn't it be ironic if it were McCallum to kick the game winning FG and send the Riders and their gopher fans running home with their tails between their legs?

Ironic...a miracle lmao Hummmm didn't he try that last time we beat them? Oh yes I remember...Oh don't bother to get any field position just put Paul in at 1st and 10 Bruno and let him miss again for the win!! too funny!! You do know we beat them 3 times this season pretty good? Dickenson remembers...
Is that why its so wet out there in BC all those Lions sweating?

GO RIDERS GO!!!!!!!

Ahh, if you forgot, the idea was simply to punt through the end zone, a 60+ yard punt. There aren't many kickers in the league that could make that (maybe Prefontaine). It was a stupid decision on Buono's part and had nothing to do with Paul's ability.

Maybe Paul knew that some Rider fans are classless jerks (proven by the pile of manure dumped in his front yard) and didn't think they deserved to make it to the GC in '04.

Congi shouldn't have to punt too often with the likes of Armstead,Dorsey,Joseph, Dominguez,Fantuzz, and KK riding roughshod over the Leo's defense. In case you didn't notice, how many points did the "elite recievers" of Cowtown put up against the Green Lads on Sunday. Add to the mix the feeling that dave Dickenson must be re-living after that devastating crucnh by Jackie Mitchell. I have to give Dave credit thouigh for even getting up. That was absolutely the hardest hit that I have ever seen in the CFL, and I have been watching since '61.
supermexx

slightly ammusing video of gainer mocking the stamps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEnY-Ow6Ut0

mexx - Ever heard of a few guys named Miles, Banks, Marsh, Washington, Glover, Floyd, Kidd, Glatt, Williams, Johnson, Hunt and Wilson. It's called the Lions D. Just a few allstars in that lineup.

[quote="Lionbacker"]mexx - Ever heard of a few guys named Miles, Banks, Marsh, Washington, Glover, Floyd, Kidd, Glatt, Williams, Johnson, Hunt and Wilson. ItJust a few allstars? we think that ALL of our players are allstars. As for Kidd, et al, their bark is worse than their bite!

Mexx - Guess you gotta have something to believe in. It's ok to dream.

Dickenson prolly started getting the cold shakes after the Riders pushed aside the Stumps. He's been having nightmares all week about Jackie Mitchell, Scott Schultz and Nate Davis. This Sunday, Dave, you're more than welcome to meet Fred Perry and Maurice Lloyd, up close and personal.
Get the smelling salts ready.