MBT vs Arbuckle Who you got?

Arbuckle all day. He has all the makings to be a great CFL QB.

2 Likes

They both "suck" :rofl:

Welcome
I dunno about great, but he definitely has the makings of a solid starter.

1 Like

When the Ticats win in this century, maybe we will talk =)

2 Likes

Nick over McLeod

title reminds me of a game we played during early grade school years when we were being driven places.

Mustang, got it
T-bird, got it
Stingray, got it.

1 Like

That's what they said about James Franklin too.

1 Like

and Johnny

1 Like

How about waiting to see who performs best in camp.
I think that MBT will be the starter and he will be on a short leash.
MBT has been a starter before and has the experience.
No way that Arbcuckle starts the season, but he could become the starter.

1 Like

True, but we had a much smaller sample size with Franklin. I think if Franklin started 7 games as a back up, we would have figured out he is not starter material before having to sign him.

Only time will tell but I think Arbuckle proved he's better than Franklin at the very least.

1 Like

Maybe this isnt the way it should be but the size of his contract dictates that Arbuckle is the starter. MBT brought back as a capable option in case of injury or if Arbuckle falters. Arbuckle has history with Dinwiddie. Coaches like “their guys”, Nick is young, mobile, coachable and would be up to speed in this offence. Argos let old vet Nichols go and went after this guy. With no preseason games, MBT is behind the eight ball to prove he can be the better guy to lead the team, imo.

2 Likes

In the QB factory called the Stampeders.....

1 Like

MBT all the way.

doesnt rhyme

1 Like

Good opp for both of them. MBT improved greatly in 2019 as far as telegraphing his throws.

1 Like

Ill take MbT any day. Solid stats, kept us in most games that our defense was trying our hardest to keep us out of. Labour day was a gunfight until our d collapsed(surprise).

argos wont win chip as long macbeth is under centre - he is a loser who fumblesm gets sacked abd throw picks at very inopportune time - i dont undersand why he is on the team

1 Like

Well getting sacked is primarily the fault of the O-line, or alternatively some good play by the opposing defence. They get paid to play the game too, you know.

And as for throwing interceptions at inappropriate times, can you give me an example of an interception thrown at an appropriate time?

macbeth gets pd to run as well [like franklin] - cfl is NOT meaNT FOr DROP BACK QB - calvillo only show up once in 40 yrs-----

i think it was 3rd quarter in SSK , argos inside SSK 10- should nave been a TD , 1st sack put then in FG range losing theTD, 2nd sac took 'em out of fg Range

last play of game home vs bc if i recall missed seein , nevermind throwing to, a wide open #19 who would have walked in for a TD

MACBETH IS SLOW runner, OLD , SLOW TO throw, slow to run........he just makes argos lose by only 20 pts instead of 40

picks - too many to count - he is a bad leader and weak, slow arm

1 Like

Forgive me if I missed it,but did anybody actually state there would be a serious competition?

I think there should be a competition,but from what I see is Dimwitty believes in Arbuckle and there won't be any real competition

As for training camp,it's in the eye of the beholder how someone really did. You really don't know what you have until reg season underway,even moreso these days with light practice etc. Truth about training camp,each HC secretly believes that his team looks great,bound to win it all,then back to earth after real games start

Arbuckle will be given long leash to find his feet,don't see any real competition unfortunately

2 Likes