MBT to Elks

Ahoy ye System yar MacBeth!

Captain Pp Crunch GIF - Captain Pp Crunch - Discover & Share GIFs

1 Like

Giving yourself an F grade is pretty honest stuff. I agree though that we have a lot of first second and third year guys. Props to Geroy and Chris for rebuilding the talent pool.
I am still amazed at the guys we traded away. BC and Winnipeg being the two big recipients. Guys just now reaching free agency like Hladic and Betts…

I will agree that MBT has a lot to give to Ford and with Ford’s skill set - all those tells by defences presnap are huge in knowing where tyo go with the ball…

2 Likes

TORONTO — These are not your 2023 Edmonton Elks.

An off-season of change in Edmonton has given the Green and Gold a different feel heading into 2024. The Elks have signed quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson, and traded for wide receiver Kurleigh Gittens Jr., a successful duo that helped the Toronto Argonauts win the Grey Cup in 2022.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2024/01/20/elks-hope-mbt-helps-unlock-fords-unique-skill-set

Fix your damn AI too System! It’s artificially unintelligent if you keep repeating posts like that you bojacks!

1 Like

TORONTO — These are not your 2023 Edmonton Elks.

An off-season of change in Edmonton has given the Green and Gold a different feel heading into 2024. The Elks have signed quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson, and traded for wide receiver Kurleigh Gittens Jr., a successful duo that helped the Toronto Argonauts win the Grey Cup in 2022.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2024/01/20/elks-hope-mbt-helps-unlock-fords-unique-skill-set

I’ll believe when I see it that the Elks are actually competetive again. We’ll see.

3 Likes

I think they are going to be better and competitive… Hopefully so will the riders… The way too early cfl rankings have the stamps in 9th place…
As much as wish that to be true I cannot believe to be even close

1 Like

When Huf was there - they came up with the guys they needed to make the team better. Dave hasn’t shown that ability as yet.
I think we could more easily call it a year of transition in Calgary as it changes from the team Huf built to the team Dave built.

1 Like

I think last year hurt the teams needing talent … two extra leagues in the NFL killed the talent available for the cfl. That seems to have changed and the cfl has gotten good talent that possibly thinks those two leagues are in the death throws and came to the North or st least stayed in the North

2 Likes

No doubt, I made a comment along such lines a few days ago. It’s great to see all these players come back or to see those with other pro experience choosing the CFL.

2 Likes

Yup. A lot of talent thought the way to the NFL was through the spring leagues, but it hasn’t been. I think there is a lot more talent available this season because guys are finding that more guys get signed out of the CFL than out of the spring league.

There’s a lot going on now besides free agency. And then the combine, the draft, and mini camps start. And by then you need your playbooks done, your workouts for camp set, your plan for your pre-season ready.

2 Likes