MBT is Fined for Scheduling Criticism

The East had huge advantage in the GC because the west played more playoff games. Finally, the league figured out the logical solution. And these days the players would not put up with that nonsense, in the old days, players had no unions, no voice.

1 Like

:money_mouth_face: :moneybag:money :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: allows . for that too
NFL has da bucks cfl don’t has da bucks
Much harder to run a successful cfl team when you don’t has da bucks

2 Likes

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

3 Likes

He did it again!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh. Yeah. That is whiny crybaby stuff. They did have four days rest again but they were playing the same opponent which is generally easier in the prep work. It is not ideal but that is the reality in a 9 team league.

2 Likes

NFL and CFL teams gotta deal with it. A whining crying QB is deflecting from real issues of his shite play

4 Likes

The employer in this case is the Edmonton elks. The league is no more than a “professional association” which gets to govern standards for those employed by the teams in the league. Personally I think MBT is 100% right and the league not only looks amateur in their inability to schedule games safely but they look like snowflakes for penalizing a player opinion with a fine.

And I’m not an elks fan. But a team should never travel on a five day week that’s a huge advantage to the home team.

By the way if you think his first comments ticked off the league wait until you hear him go off tonight lol

3 Likes

Agreed. The crap schedule strikes again and as you say makes everyone associated with it look amateur

Then the NFL would be considered amateur as well. Sunday and thursday games happen.

Cfl needs that tenth team to balance the schedule out. Plus, at least 3 teams are not the primary tenant at their stadium. Games have to be played when available dates are open.
Plus you have the TSN influence on the schedule.
I am not crazy about the schedule, but i dont think the league is intensionally trying to hurt the players.

4 Likes

Hmmm. MBT seemed quiet after the Elks had a 17 day break.

Hope the league fines him again. Looking to blame others again after being 0-6

2 Likes

MBT is a prima donna who should be looking for another job because his present one ain’t goin’ so good :laughing:

1 Like

I do not believe that the league is intentionally disregarding player safety. Trying to create an 18 game schedule for a 9 team league is far more difficult than anyone can imagine. The biggest issue though lies in the fact that the schedule is spaced over in the summer on 4 separate days. It is impossible to space it that way and avoid short weeks. In the 1980s, the schedule was perfectly balanced. A 16 game schedule over 18 weeks. That was ideal but money got in the way of that for everyone by going to an 18 game schedule. Playing 18 games is much more the danger to player safety. Who would want to go back to a 16 game schedule? The players? (smaller paycheck) The Owners? TV? That is the real dilemma.

7 Likes

I don’t either BUT, watching what was it 4-5 guys with likely season ending knee injuries getting carted off the field wasn’t fun either. It would seem he does have a point.

2 Likes

Has a point, yes, although the NFL has to do it as @rider01.1 mentions with Thursday games as the TSN panel pointed out, albeit with larger roster sizes it’s maybe easier to rest players during a game more and put a backup in. The panel pointed out MBT is frustrated which adds to his airing of this concern and I agree with them on that point.

also a lot of times the teams playing on Thursday are coming off a bye.

4 Likes

Exactly. Another thing people (including the TSN panel) don’t mention is the NFL plays its games on Sundays other the the Monday night game(s) . Period. And those teams would never be involved in a Thursday night game so that doesn’t even count. The CFL doesn’t, so again, no excuse for this horrible scheduling. They could have easily had the previous game on a Friday, or even Saturday, then the following game on the Thursday. This doesn’t even speak of the stupid no need reason for the Elks and Redblacks to be playing back to back games in the first place. There’s already limited number of teams so lets have them play back to back games with each other for no reason. Thats silly.

2 Likes

I am calling BS! on the whole whiny MacBeth rant about 5 days between games. The league/cflpa mandates only one full-gear/pads practice per week. Years ago, EVERY practice was full-gear. So now, even on 4 days rest, the other days are, for the most part, just walk-throughs. So MacBeth can cut the crap. He is a cry-baby whiner, can’t win, isn’t consistent, and he dissed the league, his employer. If fines aren’t enough, he should be suspended for a game, or whatever it takes to shut his yap. I don’t see other players grousing about it. On top of that he really showed what a great leader he is, complaining about Tre getting some reps. My guess is his time in gree/gold is very limited.

1 Like