Maximum Limit for "Likes"

Does anybody know why there is a maximum limit for "Likes"?

I don't like it because during a long gameday thread it is easy to use up this "limit" then you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can "like" a friends comment. It seems kind of pointless.

Why is there even a limit? It's not as though "Likes" cost money or something. I think the Mods need to turn this annoying feature off.

5 Likes

Huh? That's a new one on me. Guess I'm not generous enough to raise any flags. How many likes is the limit?

I'n not sure. It might be around 50. It's usually not a problem but on gamedays there are hundreds of posts to read and you run out pretty quickly.

1 Like

I’m not sure why there is a limit as well.

If you check your own numbers, as I sometimes do, it shows an amount over the 50 limit at times.

It is also not clear to me how they calculate it. There doesn’t appear to be a daily cut off but rather a rolling total. It would be beneficial to know how this works.

Also agree that it can be easy to exceed in a game day thread.

That's quite a few in my books, more than I would ever use, but I'm with you regarding the necessity of having a limit.:man_shrugging:

I'd like this post but I think I'm near my limit and don't want to go over budget . :+1:

4 Likes

Thank for replying Jon and PorkyPine. I would have "liked" your comments but I'm not allowed to. :smile:

Seriously though I've seen other people complain about this also but I'm not sure it ever reached the attention of the mods.

I find it interesting that it says "You will recieve more Likes as your trust level goes up"

Maybe the system thinks we are bots or something.

2 Likes

Just thinking how fast I would run out if we had dis-Likes! :rofl:

:-1:

3 Likes

@MattL91 any chance you can comment on this program quirk Matt? Seems odd the system has a cap on likes….

2 Likes

Dis-likes would add a whole new level to things. I can think of one member who I swear wants them. Betcha that would lead to a lot more 'conversations'.

1 Like

DebbieDowner

1 Like

Hey Kav. Grover is a very positive guy. His "dislikes" would actually be aimed at the Debbie Downers. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hardly
From his own words and post history never ran out of likes
Yet knows he would run out of dislikes

I hear from my inside sources that it's MLSE, especially Tananbaum, who's forcing the league to limit likes on the forum.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Were they also the ones who hid the Forum link last week on the main CFL page? :smile:

5 Likes

I'm not at liberty to say . . . but yes.

4 Likes

Ummm, that is pretty harsh,
I was joking
Hence the :rofl:
Do you have a personal agenda towards me???
And I have ran out of likes before, if you must know

3 Likes

Holy triggered poster Batman !!!

In the interest of saving 'likes', I will give your post 3 bananas instead.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

3 Likes

Well thank you Maxx :monkey_face: :banana: :banana: :banana: but now that my tummies full I have to take a nap .

3 Likes