Matchups Set: 108th Grey Cup Playoffs ready for kickoff

when did I say that?

You literally stated that is why calgary will win it all. Since their previous success and how they are the best team in the second half (which is highly debatable). So I ask one more time. What does calgary record in the second half correlate to them winning it all. When more than half the grey cup champions of the last decade were average to abysmal in the second half when it came to record.

2 Likes

When do you NOT say that?

2 Likes

lol I dont think I actually said that, I believe you believe I implied it. But I will accommodate here:, what makes you think having the best record 2nd half WONT lead to a GC victory? Your history lesson you gave? Then , based on the same history I will ask what makes you think the Bombers finishing 1st WILL lead to a GC victory for them?

You actually did say the stamps would win. So not only do you not answer questions but you seem to struggle reading. Since I do recall putting what you quoted as to why the stamps won, in which you said "after a rough start where (we are btw) the best team(forgot to put an "in" right here btw) the 2nd half...6-1....". Which came from someone asking why the stamps would win it all. Now what makes me think the bombers have a better chance of winning it than calgary, because in the last ten season, 7 of the 10 champions were number one ranked teams. The last 20 finalist, 14 of them were number one seeds. Meaning that being able to have a week off in the cfl gives you a 70% chance of winning it all and making the finals. Bombers are the first seed in the west iirc. Now the reasoning for why second half performance does not mean instant champions is because in the last ten season 6 of the 10 teams to have won it all were average to terrible(record wise) in the second half. Meaning that the probability of winning the grey cup bcs of second half performance is 40% and the probability of winning the grey cup when you are not the first seed is a 30% chance. So again pls answer my questions with actual numbers to back it up. What does having the best record in the second half do to your chances of winning it all?

1 Like

Wow!! You have alot of time on your hands? the will win because THEY ARE THE CALGARY STAMPEDERS! Best organization in the CFL
fair enough??

It's also hardly the only question that Mr S evades.

1 Like

Again you did not answer the question. Where are the numbers to back up your claim since iirc I stated that you should back up your answer with actual numbers. All you said was something based on emotions and nothing else. Which is also misspelt. It is they will win not the will win. Also the stamps cannot be the best org in the cfl when toronto for the last 30 have won the same amount except they did not lose a grand total of six times, they have a perfect record. So again one more time, what does having the best second half record do when it comes to winning it all. Show me with actual numbers not emotion but NUMBERS.

Of course I'm basing it on emotion. That is what fans do! There is nothing scientific happening here. You are doing teh same thing. Those statistics mean nothing and provide no certainty at all.
Save me the English lessons, ok?

Actually those statistics provide far more than feelings. Which is why when trying to prove a point you need to show the numbers to back it up. The stamps are statistically weaker than Winnipeg. Every team are. You also add that Winnipeg are first and have not lost at home for I think two whole years and you bring even more reasons why they won’t lose. The probabilities back them up. Statistics are not super accurate but they definitely are the best way to rate which team is the best. Guess who the best team is atm, you guessed it the bombers

I'm saying football game in Toronto...hope Argos fans prove me wrong. Probably be enough Hamilton fans to make it fun.

Aren't Stats also based on history????

Per Wikipedia a statistic is β€œ Statistics is the discipline that concerns the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data .” So base on the data we have found the bombers are the clear cut better team in the game right now and no one comes close to them.

[quote="Alsnation, post:53, topic:74891"]

Per Wikipedia a statistic is β€œ Statistics is the discipline that concerns the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data .” So base on the data we have found the bombers are the clear cut better team in the game right now and no one comes close to them.

Fine Winnipeg is favored...will you stop texting me now?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!