MASSIVE TV# FOR LAST WKND & HUGE YEARLY INCREASE FOR TSN

The weekend numbers are in and they are huge. Overall the same applies for the year end with the average per game total for TSN at an incredible 395,000 which an increase of 27% from last years 311,000. Of course, TSN showed a record number of games this year, I beleive 57. The CBC did well too, with an average of 462,000 an increase of 6% from last year of 437,000. The last few weekends have been soft for the CBC with "meaningless" games plus the combination Saturday afternoon slot in the late fall.
Here is my top 7, with apllicable comments, with the CFL having 4.

1. Hockey, Tampa-Leafs @ 1.44M
  2. Hockey, Canucks-Flames @ 1.1880M
  3. CFL, Esks-Stamps TSN @ 643,000(2nd highest, despite afternoon)
  4. NFL, Eagles-Redskins TSN @ 456,000 (once in a while there is nothing else to watch)
  5. CFL, Argos-Gades CBC @ 357,000(down from average, but nothing game in the afternoon)
  6. CFL, Riders-Lions TSN @ 355,000(great late night numbers)
  7. CFL, Als-Ticats TSN @ 349,000 (despite nothing game, smoked the competition on Friday night)
    Which again begs the question when will TSN attempt to sign an extension and give the CFL what we deserve, $20M minimum per year.
    With the weekend playoff games being in late afternoon and prime time on Sunday, we should expect both game in excess of 1M each. they are huge. Overall the same applies for the year end with the average per game total for TSN at an incredible 395,000 which an increase of 27% from last years 311,000. Of course, TSN showed a record number of games this year, I beleive 57. The CBC did well too, with an average of 462,000 an increase of 6% from last year of 437,000. The last few weekends have been soft for the CBC with "meaningless" games plus the combination Saturday afternoon slot in the late fall.
    Here is my top 7, with apllicable comments, with the CFL having 4.
  8. Hockey, Tampa-Leafs @ 1.44M
  9. Hockey, Canucks-Flames @ 1.1880M
  10. CFL, Esks-Stamps TSN @ 643,000(2nd highest, despite afternoon)
  11. NFL, Eagles-Redskins TSN @ 456,000 (once in a while there is nothing else to watch)
  12. CFL, Argos-Gades CBC @ 357,000(down from average, but nothing game in the afternoon)
  13. CFL, Riders-Lions TSN @ 355,000(great late night numbers)
  14. CFL, Als-Ticats TSN @ 349,000 (despite nothing game, smoked the competition on Friday night)
    Which again begs the question when will TSN attempt to sign an extension and give the CFL what we deserve, $20M minimum per year.
    With the weekend playoff games being in late afternoon and prime time on Sunday, we should expect both game in excess of 1M each.

I can't wait for the playoff numbers, those are gonna blow the NFL (and the NHL for that matter) out of the water.

I'm reposting this on this topic becase it makes a vaild point as well as a question. Awnser it if you want, but it's here for show.

i think your post needs some editing...lol
copy&pasted one too many times.....

thanks again, argotom

CFL wins , again! THANKS..........!.... 1 million should be easy.
They did that almost , last year!

Yes the posting went nuts on me with the CFL numbers being what they are. Its almost like the ghost of NFL/Paul Godfrey past?

thanks for the number update, argotom...your always ontop of things.

TRUE

To answer that question, I think it is because if you have one game, people will stick around for the 2nd game.

I don't know, I'd rather have a game every day instead of one after the other.

But that's just me, I'll have to get on the road after the East game though, oh well, sad for me.

i'd rather have one game saturday and one on sunday, rather than back-to-back, aswell

I agree also, its better for us to spread out the games over at least three days. Now, Friday Night Football is an institution and big TV property for TSN. Same thing for Saturday Night Football for the CBC. In the summer, CBC like hockey in the winter should have East-West doubleheaders. Which leaves us with one more game for Sunday afternoon. In fact if the league ever expands to 10 team before we all die, then we could have Sunday doubleheaders be it either in the afternoon, lets say 1PM and 4PM, or better still, Sunday afternoon and night doubleheaders.

Don't get me wrong, I love TSN FNF double headers but since there are so few playoff games, they should be spread out.

exactly...so casual fans read about the first days playoff game ( or see highlights ),as a reminder, then tune in for the next days game.

better than forgetting all about it, and miss BOTH games.

It is fine the way it is. The only thing I would change is to get the TSN people and put them on CTV for the playoffs. More people can see it. That crew deserves a chance to do playoff games. CTV and TSN are owned by the same people. Maybe what they could do is share the Grey Cup. Many years ago CTV and CBC would share the Grey Cup. One network one half and the other network the other half.
With the CFL I would like to hear the Friday night games on a national radio network. There are many sports stations that can get together and form a network and do that. It would mean more exposure for Friday night games It would become an event across the country just like Monday Night Football. :lol:

Hm, Good ideas, I love to be able to hear FNF online!

Are the numbers watching on Satellite in the USA counted? A number of channels on Dishnetwork down here will be carrying the games Sunday.
There are rumors that XM satellite radio may begin carrying CFL games, would love to see & hear this as I am a suscriber.

albo60s

http://www.live365.com/stations/albo60s