Mass is our man

I sat in the endzone on Saturday and lamented the fact the we even traded for Maas. Heck I even started a "refund" chant because he played so poorly. I even called for his head. Now after I've calmed down I've realized a few things.

Why Maas is not the problem
1.) Pao Pao is washed up and has not put a thing together in years. Duh...Ottawa?

2.) Lancaster was washed up three years ago and is back in charge. He called out Maas at the end of the game. The only thing he should have called out is whatever seems to be protruding out of that fat gut of his. What has he done for us lately. At least Marshall looked somewhat fit and had some dang passion.

3.) The O-line can only hold the rush for a two count (great snapping by the way, long or short).

4.) A ticat receiver hasn't been able to consistenly hold on to a pass since Flutie's departure

Why Maas is our man
1.) He's already thrown for 5,000 yards in a successful club
2.) He's a winner he's pulled big games out of the ashes
3.) He wants to be here (not many will admit to that)
4.) He takes responsibility to righting this sinking ship
5.) No quarterback in this league could come in here and fix this horrible operation (Although Bob Young will find a way. We keep packing the stadium with that belief.)

It's time to start backing this guy folks. There is no relief in sight. No one will save us. It's time to throw our unconditional support behind this guy. Screw the playoffs - it's not happening, but maybe we can rally around him. Maybe in doing so we will hold on to a guy that is ready to make a go at it! I'd hate to see him do that for another team. We need to build a team around him. We haven't done that yet.

Can I get an 'amen'?

Seriously though, I agree with almost everything you said there. I think Maas has a great chance to be successful here for the above reasons. It worries me that some people seem to want to run him out of town already ... He is a leader and takes responsibility for the team's struggles. (Even though it isn't entirely his fault!)

No Maas? YES Maas!

Alright Paullywood let's you and me start a rally 'round Maas club. We are the first two members.

and perhaps the only 2. :slight_smile:

Yes, that may be true and I don't know why.

Who are you going to replace him with? If you show me Kevin Eakin, I will show you the stat line from the home contest against Winnipeg.

no not him either. Not after HIS last performance.

Well then who? I am open to suggetions ... :slight_smile:

Michael Bishop? Spergon Wynn? Eric Crouch? No wait, the Argos would rather fold the team then trade us a quarterback!

Khari Jones? Danny Mac? Marcus Brady? Butchie Washington? Ricky Foggie? Bob Torrance? Timm Rosenbach?

Its not like BC is going to hand over a guy like Buck Pierce.

I like Maas, and even if I didn't, you aren't going to do any better.

Great post stkitsfan. As we are finding out up the road from you, great QB's that can play in the CFL do not grow on trees. Best stick with a good one and try to develop him into a great one.

Maas is a backup quarterback at his best

Have seen my arm , eh, huh???

Well I will give you a shot at QB only if your arm is one of those overgrown ones like Rafael Nadal has.

In fairness to Joe, he didn't exactly have a team in Ottawa that had contender talent.

And in fairness to Coach Lancaster...he coached a team that wasn't getting paid and didn't have any coaches or couldn't bring in talent....BECAUSE THEY WERE BROKE.

Get off the Lancaster is washed up crap!!!

You also don't lend any credibility to your post picking on his abs.

I agree we need to rally around Maas, he is the man right now. I'll be a member in the paullwood club too.

I agree that Maas is our guy.

I really admire the way he put the loss on Saturday all on himself, no finger pointing, no poor play calling from the OC, nothing buy his blaming himself for his poor play. I think that his determination and passion is are great qualities to have in a position that requires a leader on the field.

The only thing that worries me is that these qualities may also lead to Maas playing even if he is injured and maybe not even let on to the team and coaches as to how injured he is. This may be part of what's affecting his performance.

I agree that Maas is our guy.

I really admire the way he put the loss on Saturday all on himself, no finger pointing, no poor play calling from the OC, nothing buy his blaming himself for his poor play. I think that his determination and passion is are great qualities to have in a position that requires a leader on the field.

The only thing that worries me is that these qualities may also lead to Maas playing even if he is injured and maybe not even let on to the team and coaches as to how injured he is. This may be part of what's affecting his performance.

Maas admits to having a problem with the longball. That makes him an ineffective QB at best. How can he then be THE MAN???

paullywood said Eakin shouldnt start because of his stat line vs. Winnepeg. IF that is the case the stat line of Maas vs.Toronto keeps Maas from starting! Unbelievable! That has got to be the most stupid logic I've ever heard!If it wasnt for Toronto laying back in a prevent defence on that last drive, Jason would barely had 100 yards! SHEEESH

The point I was trying to make is that Jason was brought here to be the #1 quarterback, he is being paid as a #1, and that everyone who was, and still are, calling for Kevin Eakin to take over should take a look at Kevin's stats for that game.

He took all the first team reps that week in preparation for the game against Winnipeg and has been in the offense the same amount of time as Jason and what happened? 10 - 24 for 63 yards and 3 INT's.

I guess what I am trying to say is that Jason is our best option at this time and benching him isn't going to help his confidence, which is already shaken, one bit!

But I do appreciate the counter point, thank you. :slight_smile:

Credibility? Who said I had credibility? His abs are in direct correlation to his coaching of late. How can you write any new plays with a donut in your hand. I give props to Lancaster for all he has done. But it's time to move over.