Masoli to start Week 1 in Toronto

No big surprise:

"The Hamilton Tiger-Cats will start the CFL season without Zach Collaros under centre. Head coach Kent Austin confirmed that quarterback Jeremiah Masoli will start in Week 1 as Collaros remains out with a knee injury.

Collaros tore the ACL in his right knee in a game against the Edmonton Eskimos in September and missed the final seven games of the regular season as well as the East Division semis and the East Division final in the postseason.
After Collaros went down, backup pivot Jeff Mathews took over and went 2-3 before Masoli got his opportunity. He appeared in six regular-season contests, completing 11 of 21 passes for 148 yards and one touchdown.
Masoli went 12-for-18 for 141 yards and a touchdown, and ran for another 58 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries to lead the Ticats over the Toronto Argonauts in the East semi. He nearly carried the team over the Ottawa Redblacks in the East final, going 30-for-42 with 349 yards and two touchdowns in a 35-28 loss.
Collaros had originally hoped to be ready for the start of the 2016 campaign, but his timetable to return is now unknown."

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/austin-masoli-to-start-week-1-for-tiger-cats-1.510826]http://www.tsn.ca/austin-masoli-to-star ... s-1.510826[/url]

What a surprise :cry:

Give em hell Mr Masoli :rockin: :rockin:

YUP, the worst kept secret in camp. He did win the job though rather then having it handed to him.

He has improved so much.

When I saw him play for the 2012 UFL Omaha Nighthawks , he was a bust, flop and fail.

Guess all he needed was some time to grow.

O-Line will be key . He has the receivers to be successful.

X 2 :wink:

I agree. Masoli has grown by leaps and bounds since last season and it’s nice to see that all of his hard work, especially when he was bumped back to the PR last year, is finally paying off - both for him and for the team. Of course the true test will come on Thursday night when he is facing an all-new TO defense,but he will have all of his weapons on offense.

It was great to see Masoli’s connection with Owens too and I’m sure CO will be itching to play well against the team that deemed him “past his prime”. Here’s hoping they can hook up to burn the “blue guys” for at least one TD on Thursday and help to spoil their christening of BMO Field! :rockin: :rockin: