Masoli to start in CGY

Well, it kinda is, when you consider most player’s completion average is around 13, including Durant, Reilly, Willy & Ray, with Troy Smith at around 12.5 this year, and when you consider how many times in this league 2 and 10 happens, 9 yards just isn’t quite enough. An average that low screams either the player is on a limited package that doesn’t let him air out the ball (which LeFevour has been on) and/or the player simply isn’t able to make long completions (which has been partially the case).

As far as Masoli’s fumbles, one of those is corrected by coaching. We need you to slide, we don’t need you to carry the team. The other was more of an O.line fault then Masoli’s.

Thats true and Masoli is one of the first decisions Austin made when he took the job trading for Masoli. Austin is still just in his second season and I sense that he will get his QB ducks all in a row both spotting the talent and developing it. Former QBs in Calgary Huf and OC Dickenson always have good QBs now. Milanovich, is already begin to produce a stable of QBs with Collaros and now Portis drawing interest from other clubs and still has a nice stable behind Ray. Austin will likely get the same moving quickly. Masoli will get his shot. Another former QB Danny McManus left Hamilton for Winnipeg to be in charge of US Scouting and one of the first Qbs he brought in was Brian Brohom who he was able to see in Hamilton running scout teams in 2013.

8) The Argos traded QB Josh Portis to Winnipeg last night !!

Yup another connection with O’Shea being Argos ST coach seeing this guy everyday for a season and another Argo Milanovich trained QB. Argos had 5 QBs under contract. Tying his previous experience to the NFL on the roster with seattle in his rookie 2011 season and PR in 2012 before landinging Toronto for the 2013 training camp. being through 4 full pro training camps and being on a roster for the entire season since he went pro gives him an great upside.

Calgary Stampeders ?@calstampeders 17m
Coach Huff announces that Jon Cornish, Deron Mayo and Keon Raymond are unlikely to play Friday against Hamilton

Raymond and Mayo were both injured in the first half last week and missed the second half. Could be two spots on the defense that Hamilton may look to challenge. Lin J Shell will likely take Raymonds spot so there will not be a lot of let down there. Still he is a bit older now and not as good as Raymond. With a full receiving corp looking good for Hamilton can Shell cover one of them.
Mayo’s replacement will be among several players who up to this point have played mostly special teams in their career getting a matchup with Gable out of the backfield could cause problems and Gable or Masoli running that way to challenge that spot may also happen.

I find it peculiar that quarterbacks who look great as relievers frequently can't get the job done as starters. Masoli and LeFevour, of course, both come to mind but so do many others around the league.

I'm hoping that Masoli can find his niche Friday night and move this team with could passing and running. He needs to show his confidence and competence to his team mates so that they realize they have a legitimate chance of beating the Stampeders, as good as they are. We've seen flashes of ability from this guy but he needs to carry this offense for an entire game.

I'm sure he can do it, but I continue to worry about our "O" line. I worry about the "O" line even when our best players are not injured and the line is full strength. With few exceptions I feel that the talent simply isn't there, nor has it been there for the past couple of seasons. Kent Austin needs to concentrate on this shortcoming and get more talent on this line, otherwise, our great pass receiving talent simply goes to waste with the QB spending too much of a given football game on his ass.

Rocky this is all who Hamilton has as a Starting BQ

Someone who come off the Bench
Hamilton dose not really have a starting QB
They paid for potential and nothing more
They have all Unproven Backups None I have Faith in
Inexperienced QB and Inexperienced O-line= a Loss

We should Kept Hank at least he has experience

Newsflash !!!
Robofan209...Voted most pessimistic poster on this forum on every single thread....stadium, QB, linebackers, Austin, Caretaker, Mitchell.....

YOU WIN!!!! :rockin:

For Masoli he has never really came off the bench for a game in either college or pro football. So there always has to be a first time for everything. He was the full time starter at Oregon and Ole Miss as well as the starter or part of a 2 QB system in the UFL in 2011. This will be his first start since then and his first in the CFL. Coming with this will be 1st team snaps all week with the game plan for him. From what he has shown so far there is a great chance that he will be successful. Playing in the Pac 12 and SEC on the road against hostile crowds does not automatically translate into CFL success but it does not hurt either.

Robofan has every right to express opinions here as he sees them whether you agree or not. if you find him pessimistic, perhaps our team will do something tomorrow night to give us all cause for optimism. Lets hope so.

did you forget his 80 yd drive to bring us within 1 play of winning our last game? When the clutch is on he was consistent, and produced.

It’s an interesting battle between the two, but at the same time I think they give our team a chance to put points on the board wich is the bottom line

a win will do wonders for my Attitude

[url]http://cfl.ca/article/familiar-faces-preping-for-new-ticats-qb[/url]

Two Stamps are former teammates of Masoli. If they have any deep insights, they didn't express them in this article.

Love is probably the one player that has seen Masoli at his best in live game action when they were both in the Pac12 where Masoli was the QB at Oregon running the read option where he thrived and was part of Oregon program that helped them to become the power they are today.
If there are any players on the Esks roster that may have been in the UFL in 2011 would also be able to get a good look at what he can do and how good he can be

A great opportunity for Masoli to prove his ability and he will at least have help with Fantuz and Ellingson back in the line up and hopefully Gable can get the run going. Cats are underdogs in this one by 14 points or more, play hard, keep the faith and you never know, maybe we can turn the tide tonight!

GO CATS GO!!

True true. a lot of talk about who the Cats won’t have for the game. Having those two back to go with the other 4 starter type rec Grant, Tasker, FA Koch, and National Giguere. 6 starters for 5 spots. Dline has the national all star duo with DTs FA Laurent and Bulcke anchoring the middle with DE Norwood who is primed to be a star and a few others rounding out the cast. Butler at S is just among the best defensive and coverage teams players in the league

Koch is on IR.

Just noticed that. good thing they do have 6 starters

Masoli is not now or ever will be a starter. 8 of 20 could not hit the broad side of a barn. Please don't say timing a receiver is a receiver and a play is a play, if you know the play you know where the receiver is all you have to do is put the ball in his hands. That's what you are paid for and this guy cannot do that. Don't blame the line last night it was not that bad, LeFevour completed 9 of 11 passes in his limited time, Masoli 9 of 20 and an end zone INT. Sorry LeFevour should be number 2 and Masoli released.