Marwan Gone for the Year

Will the Cats bring Moe Petrus in for depth at centre? He played well in the bowl games last year and didn't look out of place in the Bucs' preseason games. Hopefully we won't trade this draft pick to Edmonton. :roll:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

Sad news. Injuries have just killed us this year.

Get well, Marwan

does hage ever play more than 6 games a year?
time for him to retire.

Hage has been in the league since 2004 and I don’t recall him ever being seriously injured prior to last season. Two seasons have ended with injury, but he’s still only 31 and could have a lot of football left in him. Saying he needs to retire is a bit premature.

Marwan never missed a game from 2004 through 2010.

He played half a season last year, and has been on and off the injury list this year. Age may be catching up with him, and with two separate season ending injuries in back to back years, it may time for him to consider hanging 'em up. Who knows?

But to imply that Hage is always injured an rarely plays more than 6 games a year, isn’t fair.

my bad. feels like more than 2 seasons to me. my mistake.

All best to him, met him in person and very genuine individual.

Dad is that you??

Had that same conversation with my dad. Marwan has been Mr. Reliable for us until last year.

More bad news

I fully expect to see Hage at camp next June to reclaim his spot on the line. He'll have his surgery, rehab and be good to go. Guys have come back from worse injuries.

An Argo-Cat fan

It takes some character for anyone to apologize on these threads after making a mistake in an entry and yet,
drummergod did precisely this. I consider him completely exonerated.

Marwan will come back. We were lucky to have one of the best centres in the league go so long without any
lost time due to injuries. At 31 years of age, I know he'll be back next season.

Injuries are usually a result of bad luck. If Marwan's luck changes, and I think it will; he still has at leat 5 good
seasons in him.

It is unfortunate that Hage is out for the rest of the season. But the offensive line may still be able to do well. We seem to have depth there.

Dile missed much of the second half of the game, leading to Husband being moved to RT, and Baillargeon being used at RG. And they seemed to do well enough. In fact, here is a quote on them from Burris:

“On that last long drive when we started on our own five, a lot of the runs we ran right behind Cody and Pascal, going against a great Edmonton defensive front,? Burris said. “The whole offensive line stepped up in that drive. That was huge. It gives us the confidence we need that we can still mix it up.?
Source: [url=http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2012/09/ticats-offence-is-clicking-while-the-defence-comes-alive.html]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2012/ ... alive.html[/url]

And Drew Edwards reported that Dile was back practicing again.

Still, it would be good to have Hage. And I hope he’ll recover well from this.

Anybody know who the backup centre is behind O'Neill?
You guys who go to practice, I'm typing in your direction.

I believe Husband can play centre.

Marwan is one tough Ma Ma and has faced off with the best in the league for years he'll be back. This guy is number one Cat Fans. :thup:

Understatement. Not only does Marwan play a position that doesn’t get a whole lot of accolades, I feel it is one of the most important positions on the team. He does it well and has been healthy for a lot longer than most at that position.

While unfortunate that he won’t be able to play again this year, his presence around the team and within the community will continue to cement his hold as one of the more popular Ticats. Hage’s Heros is a good cause and I wish him well with his recovery and his continued support of young people. :thup:

I remember Drew Edwards mentioning that on his blog. And after some Googling, I found a post where he mentioned that. It’s this one, from when that mini-camp was held: http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2012/ … 7a4601970c

The relevant excerpt from it:

#57 OL Cody Husband

This is a make-or-break year for the Canadian after spending two seasons on the practice roster and the early reports are good. His weight room work is evident and he spent time at both centre and guard this week.

So I believe that Husband would be the backup centre.

I said it before last year and I’ll say it again this year. Time for him to retire!

Yeah...I agree...

Marwan's days are done and it's time to ride off into the sunset....

Hope Marwan is okay. Don't want to see a solid player and guy like him go out like that.

But just so we have all the facts straight as far as injuries ... it's been the last 2 seasons ... and now this season.

From TiCats website ...

2012: STARTED SEVEN GAMES IN HIS NINTH SEASON WITH THE TIGER-CATS…PLACED ON THE INJURED LIST FOR NINE GAMES OF THE REGULAR SEASON.

2011: STARTED 9 GAMES IN HIS EIGHTH SEASON AS A TIGER-CAT…MISSED THE FINAL 9 GAMES OF THE REGULAR SEASON AND THE PLAYOFFS DUE TO INJURY