Markus Howell added to Bombers coaching staff

From the Bombers website:

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are happy to announce that the recently retired Markus Howell will be joining their coaching staff and will take on the role of Defensive and Special Teams Assistant.

“I’m very grateful to have been given this opportunity by Coach LaPolice and the rest of the coaching staff,? said Howell. “With my playing days now over, I’m excited to turn my attention to coaching and look forward to working with the rest of the staff as they prepare for the upcoming season.?

Howell retired earlier this month after an 11-year career that included six years with Winnipeg where he was a real triple threat, spending time as a receiver, defensive back and returner.

“We’re ecstatic to bring Markus Howell on board. In my ten years coaching in the CFL he is one of the most consummate professionals I’ve ever worked with," said Head Coach Paul LaPolice. “He’s played all sides of the ball in the CFL and will make an immediate impact by being a great asset and mentor to our young players.?

http://bluebombers.com/article/markus-howell-joins-coaching-staff

:thup:

I like :thup:
Howell was always a player I liked, good to see him getting involved in a coaching career now.

.....A great addition to the coaching....Howell has been the type of player and now coach that the young guys can look up to....Makes me proud that we turned out such a successful player on and off the field...Go get em Marcus...we can't have enough of the type of guy Markus Howell is and i wish him all the success in the world in his newest endeavour :thup: :rockin:

Definitely could use his playing experience on the sidelines, good luck Markus.