Mark Myers Troubles.....

The scouting I have heard on Myers is that he can't kick an accurate long field goal...
Does anyone know anything about this??

whats a long field goal? because he looked pretty good from mid 40’s

If thats true he had better work on his tackling, which, strangely enough, was one of Boreham's strengths.

I agree, that is why I am doubitng what I had heard when they first signed him.
He missed the one last night but I think it was into the wind....

Agreed. Rememeber Borehams hit last year against Winnipeg , I think it was on Steagall or Stokes....

I'm not sure in the 18 years I played football, I ever heard a coach tell a kicker that he had better work on his tackling !!!

i wassnt really paying attention but did he run and try to tackle the als player after he missed that field goal? because like you said boreham was really got at that and usuaily got the tackle lol

Boreham was amazing on Stokes. Out of nowhere, as in Don Cherry's words BA-WANGO

It was only a matter of time, but come on, this soon?

"I'm not sure in the 18 years I played football, I ever heard a coach tell a kicker that he had better work on his tackling !!!"Easy there quick-draw just trying to add a little humour.He made an attempt,but didn't look good, I guess Boreham has had more practice though, not to mention he did play safety in college.

i dont think this was a diss on myers just a question about him.

My memory may be flawed but wasn’t it Ruffin that had questionable leg strength?..I may be wrong though…

At any rate, even though Boreham is my guy, I think Myers did well…his one miss got returned for big yardage but I don’t blame him for that…he could work on his kick-off yardage in practice though…

Hey, I see the conversation started getting into the area of “last man” tackles…anyone remember Ozzy making a miracle tackle on some flashy returner once?..was it Gizmo Williams?..I remember Ozzy throwing his body in the direction of the guy and holy smokes!..he nailed him perfectly!!..the players on the Ticats bench were doubled over laughing! :lol: :lol: Funniest thing I ever saw on the field for sure!

Last week I looked into his college history and all I could find was from 2003 (jr year) 6 for 6 outside forty yards and one for 53 yds. So I guess he has the ability to hit some long ones.

wow, kid misses ONE feild goal attempt, and already the boreham boys and girls are jumping on the guy.

THIS IS NUTS, THE GUY MISSES ONE, AND EVERYONE IS GOING TO JUMP ON HIS DUMPING BANDWAGON.
FACE IT PEOPLE, A KICKER IS NOT GOING TO MAKE EVERY KICK, GET OVER YOURSELVES.

PERHAPS BERNIE COULD COME OUT OF RETIREMENT, MAYBE THAT WILL MAKE YOU ALL HAPPY.

Espo, Cheergirl......

"Borehamgirl" and myself are probably the biggest Boreham supporters there are and I recall her giving Myers kudos last week and here is what I posted just above...."At any rate, even though Boreham is my guy, I think Myers did well......his one miss got returned for big yardage but I don't blame him for that."

Who's dumping on Myers?....ironically, not the Boreham supporters...

see?...we've got class! :stuck_out_tongue:

And of course, if Myers is our kicker for now, we want him to succeed!.....we need all our Ticats to succeed always!

I too am up there with yourself and Borehamgirl, both me and Borehamgirl were talking about this on the train ride home. We expected people to bash Myers for missing the one field goal. We have to support the kickers, it’s the hardest job to do in Hamilton, and they don’t get enough credit for sticking through the relentless fans.

Right on Miller! :thup: ...sorry for excluding you in my response.....you're an awesome supporter of our kickers!....and yeah, it's the worst football job in Hamilton.....Ozzy, Boreham......who's next?

Hope you had an awesome train trip!....I'm sad I couldn't go :cry:

I consider myself a “Boreham boy” so please don’t insult me by grouping me in with the people who are already willing to pound on the guy who was the hero last week. :wink: I have NEVER in my entire time as a Ticat fan wished for anything but success for any player who wore the Black and Gold, personal biases aside. I’ll say it now, as I said it when it was Boreham, anyone who thinks there is any field goal that’s an automatic or a “gimme” doesn’t know jack about kicking field goals. Give the kid a break. I’d hold off on questioning his leg strength until he’s had a few more FG attempts. :roll: Welcome to Hamilton Mark :o

what! i dont think anyone has jumped on him or even critized him. i think the guy is amazing. some people need to relax