Mark Hebscher Trashes the CFL

Mark Hebscher Went after the CFL in His Rant on the 6 PM news.
He said the CFL Media Dept should make Coach of year and Rule Change announcements at Grey cup
Not at the Annual meetings
we need something in off-season to talk about

Hebscher is the Biggest Mistake in Media Today ..
Wish CH would fire him and Donna Skelly Can't stand either of them

Now let me try and understand this. He made a simple suggestion that the coach of the year be named during Grey Cup week. My god that’s horrible. He is definitely the devil reincarnated. He should be dragged out and shot immediately :roll: .

I have to admit that in no way does Mark Hebscer "move me" so to speak but I don't have a problem with his opinion on this.

As I say, I'm not into Mark H. but he's about as innocent as it gets, and that's being nice.

It not 1st Time he gone after the CFL or the Ticats for that matter
He and Skelly are the most self Absorbed People on TV in GHA

I'm thinkin maybe that's why he no longer does sports.
Just another bigmouth.
Doesen't even deserve the attention he gets.
It's to bad that CH TV even gives him a platform to express his opinion as far as I'm concerned he's been relegated to the "Minors" a long time ago.
And thats where he'll stay talkin like that.

don't really understand why you are upset. he says something that you don't like? news flash, why do you think he has the job he has? to get reactions out of people

i didn't see it but his opinion is valid. what's wrong with moving the announcement up?

Slow season on the blogs- the commentary about the hebscher non story and the story about the new quarterback for the A team make this an historic day in canadian sports... red circle it on the calendar Martha! :wink: :cowboy:

Mark Hebscher Went after the CFL in His Rant on the 6 PM news. He said the CFL Media Dept should make Coach of year and Rule Change announcements at Grey cup Not at the Annual meetings we need something in off-season to talk about

Hebscher is the Biggest Mistake in Media Today ..
Wish CH would fire him and Donna Skelly Can't stand either of them

dude u need a chill pill, he makes some sense, the coach of the year should be named at the annual awards on grey cup friday, also they should have a comeback player of the year award, and those lazy cfl governors should use their time wisely at grey cup and make the rule changes then, the cfl has a long off-season, but the league is very lazy, also why is free agency in february? it make no sense, every other PRO sports league has free agency begin a few weeks after the season.

Mark is ok........he gets Donna all riled up so he's good in my books........ :lol:

and besides, he's entitled to his opinion "Onknight"..........if I recall correctly, you like voicing yours too

........keep all things in perspective.......

Our Off-Season is the Longest in Pro Sports ..
From Late Nov to early June there is no football in Canada.
I like where These Evens Take Place
FA and Coach of year give us Fans Something to talk about during a Long Off season
I am fine with where these Events are.
To Call the BOG Lazy shows how Little he know about the Game anymore.
These Events keep the CFL in People Thoughts when the season is will off in the Distance.
If Mark was a real CFL fan instead of Pompous wind Bag he understand this
These event Get People Ready for the next season So Mark if you read this Buddy lay off my CFL.

I didn't see what this guy said or even know who he is.

But.

After reading this post I don't really see the problem.

Besides.

Even if someone blasted the CFL... at least people are talking about it and it's obviously on peoples minds.

Think about it.

Does anyone talk about the UFL? It's because it's so Mickey Mouse that it's not even worth talking about.

8) Exactly what you said "Tiger_Dirt" :thup:

Nothing wrong with the idea.

ITs a good Idea!

I see no problem with the timing of the Coach of the Year for the exact same reasons. I have seen Hebscher comment on a few other things other than sports and he does not really come across as the most informed individual. One of the real winners was a topic about the cut backs of Grey Hound bus service in Northern Ontario last year and the concerns people had in the north with the decreasing availability of transportation. His advice to everyone in the north; move to Southern Ontario. Gives you an idea of the level of intelligence and insight he is working with. There was nothing really inflammatory about his opinion about the Coach of the Year but I wonder if in his research (if there was any), if he considered Major League Baseball and their predilection of presenting their awards well past the end of the American Baseball Championship Series for the exact same reason; keeping peoples minds on baseball well into the off season.

Some people will complain about anything..

Funny how so many think that a different opinion is wrong simply because it's different that theirs. As if your opinion should be shared by all.

Work on that..

Don't get too upset, Onknight. Just consider the source. Hebscher's job is to stir the pot and he probably is the reason the t.v. remote was invented. Homer Simpson has the right idea. Look shocked and move slowly toward the cake. :smiley:

Pat Lynch(the old guy in section 7)

Wait a cotton pick'n minute.

In one sentence you say that talking about the CFL is a good thing in the off season and then you blast Mark for TALKING ABOUT IT IN THE OFF SEASON.

I see , so as long as he's talking about the things YOU have approved and signed off on , it's ok.

I get it now.

Carry on people.

I am not only Upset by that He also Said we should lose the Single Point
He call it silly .. It part of Our game
Yes the CFL has Made some Mistakes with Owners
Yes the CFL is not a Perfect Game
But it is Our Game.
Mark if you don't like the Single point or our Rules
do as a Favour Go to Buffalo and Watch Football

You might want to quit watching Hebsie. He's entitled to his opinion and has a right to express it. People like it or he wouldn't be on the air. I don't always agree with him but he's not dull