Marino Still Cheap Shotting

First I’ve heard of that.

I think what it comes down to was, he had a choice, and the choice he made shows he hasn’t changed at all.

1 Like

Who cares? He lit up the quarterback. Whoopdiedoo

As I said, no excuses for him. But there’s no need for posters to implicate every other player that wears the same uniform. Blame Marino for his actions. Blame specific coaches / management for letting him be a loose cannon. But quit blaming other players who are proud to wear the uniform, or fans who are proud to support them. Every team has or had an assh*le like Marino. Some have had many of them. Some have had worse.

People are tarring the entire team and the entire fan base for the admittedly bad actions of one player. (A player that many if not most of the Riders own fans have condemned).

Its getting ridiculous and old.

3 Likes

Well if his head is in his hand there was not head contact Boo Hoo

This is just Marjorie Taylor Green type shi t. Show us one place that this has been verified. Campbell, after the half of the game in question, said he is ailing from a nagging groin injury.

Hilarious . But if it’s he (insert player’s name from another team) lit up your boy Cody well then that’s a totally different story isn’t it ?

5 Likes

Don’t accuse me of that kind of nonsense. I was just reporting what I had read from more than one source and made it clear that I didn’t know if it was true or not. The Lions haven’t exactly been forthcoming about the nature of the injury. I expect we’ll find out sooner or later.

Regardless of the injury and how it was incurred, which has certainly not been stated to my knowledge, Sankey’s hit was illegal, pre meditated and dirty. If you don’t acknowledge that then that is MTG type shit.

CFL Injury Reports came out today for the Lions next game and lists the issue with Michael O'Connor is Adductor. That would explain why groin was mentioned shortly after he was injured. Farhan Lalji said O'Connor is expected to be out for at least a few weeks.

Garrett Marino was giving out cheap shots long before he ever landed in Canada. He left his 1st college because he got into a brawl at practice with teammate OL who was coming of a major injury. At his second college, he was getting penalized fairly regularly for late or illegal hits. I have no doubt that the Riders knew his history. People hoping that he learned his lesson and will somehow change his ways are not being realistic.

3 Likes

We get it. You don’t like the big meanie white guy.

I don’t think you do get it.

3 Likes

Nah I’m just sick of hearing about it.

We’ll I hope he keeps playing hard the way he does. It’s pretty hard to stop when you have full momentum going to tackle, don’t forget mike O’Shea was one one of the dirtiest players in the cfl. In his day. He always followed through on his tackles. Today they are trying to turn the game into a flag football league, I mean this is football, not tiddly winks.

2 Likes

Unfortunately too many of the Rider fans are supporting Marino’s behavior. And equally unfortunate is the perception that the entire Rider fan base is supportive of the behavior because of the vocal nature of the minority.
The vast majority of Rider fans that don’t agree with Marino’s penchant for dirty play should speak out to quell this perception. Silence is acceptance.
I admire the passionate Rider fan base, I just wish their passion wouldn’t blind them to some disgusting and obvious intent to injure by one individual.

6 Likes

I too hope Marino keeps playing hard…but not the way he does. I hope Marino learns to play within the rules, if so you have a PDG player on your team. If not Marino will tear the team apart in the locker room.

I was watching a highlight show last night where one of the Montreal olinemen clips a Calgary guy from behind. One could argue that was way dirtier than Marino’s hit.

Yet we don’t see thread after thread calling for that player’s expulsion from the league. Pretty sure that Calgary dlinemen has been out for a year and a half too. We don’t see that players mom all over social media crying about her little boy or the player crying about being called a “fake polynesian” for months after the fact.

If Marino was on any other team it would be a non issue. Haters gonna hate the Riders even though our franchise is single handedly keeping the league afloat.

Marino has played in 15 games in 2 years, been ejected from 2, been fined 3 times, and suspended for 4 games. Its not hate, its history.

7 Likes

Blah blah blah, if you want to play checkers , play checkers, if you want to play football, play football. Quit whining about every little thing you don’t like.about the riders. Look in your own back yard.

1 Like

The fact he was even suspended for four games shows the league wasn’t acting out of principal. One game for calling the guy a fake polynesian? Yeah ok…

One game for the shot on the olinemen while the olinemen gets nothing for a deliberate attempt to injure? Yeah Im sure all the fake outrage had nothing to do with that

Ok, I guess we’ll just ignore his ejections and fines then. LMAO