Mardi Gras Madness

This is a message from the Robomod:

“In accordance with the family values chip in this server, this message shall be automatically forwarded to you spouse. Have a good day!”

........a true/blue albertan, Statik, hasn't registered his shotgun.........

You mean there are still some unregistered guns out there? Gee I thought thats what the millions and millions of dollars went to...Gun registry. I'm Sure all the Hell's Angels and Red Dragon Gang members have registered all of theirs!...LOL

this thread should renamed Mardi Gras Sadness, because this whole event is a disgrace to the CFL.

........one day 'lil buddy you'll like b00bs, they'll cross your mind now and then and when the future Mrs. Eskimos32001 runs around the house with hers in plain site it might even make you glance away from the TV.........

R&W I told him in another post that his time was comming! He kept using the excuse that he's only 15.....Ha! Its going to be sooner than he thinks!

Yes…all of the above. Yes…I hear the 3 ring circus music. Give your friggin head a shake Lonnie and hire a marketing company. Fans come to CFL games to see exciting football, not gimicks.

Funny thing about Statik is Im pretty sure he's the same guy
who came on here all proud about the fact he was dancing and
chugging and was surprised fans around him didnt appreciate it.

Now he's acting like the little saint he aint.

Given the option of watching statik do a no handed chug, or some
chick flippin her shirt up. I'll take the latter, anyday.

This is much ado about nothing...........

and 12 year old kids know what breats are.

i like boobs as much as the next man, and sports and woman is a hell of a combination, but it doesnt belong like this…this just ruins the rep of the CFL, and many of the people who come for that game wont come back…they should be trying to attract long time viewers

I don't have any issues with it.

Why do people get so upset about bare breasts anyways?

Couldn't tell ya. I like em :smiley:

I don’t know about the rules at Frank Clair Stadium, but when that sexual discrimination ruling allowed women to go topless in public in Ontario, Ivor Wynne banned ALL bare chests – men and women – in order to maintain the family-friendly atmosphere of the stadium without being accused of discrimination. As far as I know, that rule still stands.

As for this Mardi Gras thing, my understanding is that the club doesn’t specify how the women are to get the beads, and so they are not coming right out and exclaiming that women should show their breasts. But most people know how women collect them in New Orleans. I think the guys are going to expect to see some areola in exchange for their jewelry, and for sure some women are going to oblige.

Now while some guys may flock to the stadium to get a glimpse of the action off the field, they should realize that these aren’t “Sara’s” parts they’ll be seeing (or Kate’s or Lesley’s, for us Ticat cheerleader fans. :mrgreen: ) The ones that show their goods are going to be intoxicated 50-year-old women with things that look like gym socks with tennis balls in them. If anything, that’ll just succeed in frightening people away.

But the larger issue is that a team that is struggling at the gate, in a league that once lost an entire generation of young fans and has for years now been trying to promote its games as a family activity, is now alienating thousands of people with a promotion that, though they don’t come right out and say it, degrades women (oh Lord, did I just say that? :roll: ) Like Eskimos32001, I like those things as much as any guy (and probably more than most) but the stands at a football game is not the place for that type of display.

Unless, of course, it works and Ottawa set record attendance this year.

Then expect similar promotions in stadiums across Canada!

:D

Hopes and prays this is a big success in Ottawa

I will go on record saying that a promotion like this belongs in a bar, not a football stadium. The concerns about what to say to the kids are valid, because rest asuured that a statement is being made to them by the Ottawa Renegades football team. On one hand they have a great ticket promotion to draw families with kids to the stadium and then on the other hand they advocate selling tickets with the possibility of nudity.

To me this is not what a professional organization does. It's one thing to put cheerleaders in skimpy outfits on the field, it's quite another to encourage the fans to run around half naked. On top of that, it's restricted to female fans thus continuing and encouraging a negative sexual stereotype of women by promoting them as "sexual objects". Don't agree with that? Fine, come on here and explain to me how it is anything else. Why should it be restricted to the women then if it's not? Shouldn't it include the guys "dangling" for the ladies delight?

I am not trying to be a prude here. I have no problem with adults participating in adult promotions in adult settings. I enjoy a good "wet t shirt contest" as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't take my 12 yr old nephew to it even though I know he not stupid and and has seen men's magazines and heard the schoolyard talk. I'll let him worry about that when he is older and has hopefully developed a proper moral and ethical attitude about women and understands that there is much more to women and sexuality than just "a nice rack".

You may think that I am going overboard here. Perhaps, but again I do not see the the value in a promotion like this, especially on the same night as they are intending to honor Frank Clair. Wonder what he would think about it? In it's place fine, but this is not the place. It crosses the line between what is a morally acceptable attitude for a professional organization in a family atmosphere.

Don't like me using the word moral? Consider this? Your 14 yr old daughter hears about the promotion and decides she wants to get the attention of some boys she likes by showing them hers. Still think it's okay? I don't know about the rest of the country, but in Alberta the age for consent for sexual intercourse is 14 YEARS OLD. If that girl is taught those types of values how long is it before the rest of the clothes come off.

You may be thinking, well that might happen anyway and you are right. Kids are growing up faster and faster whether we want them to or not. Hopefully that same 14 yr old can be taught to respect herself and her body and that there is a line between what is morally acceptable in decent society.

If the Renegades want to have a promotion of this nature why not sell it as a one night only "adult night" promotion and market it that way. It would solidify the message that they don't believe it has a place in a family atmosphere. As it stands they are sending the exact opposite message and it is morally wrong and irresponsible.

Cheers