Marcel Bellefeuille Spotting!

Marcel was one of my favorite Ti-Cat coaches and the fact he is a Canadian, always support our own.

I wish Marcel all the best and hope that he lands the Head Coaching job in Ottawa or at least Offensive Coordinator if they go with someone else as Head Coach. Marcel is from Ottawa has a strong connection to that city and is great football mind so they should put him to good use?

All the best Marcel!

I am not so sure, Bigcat. .. his record as an offensive coordinator in Regina, Montreal, and Hamilton falls short of stellar. Frankly, I think he was a better head coach than he was a coordinator.

Yes, he is a Canadian so was Greg Marshall both popular nice guys but couldn’t produce a winner and both fired. CFL teams are recruiting the best qualified coaches out there and most don’t have CFL experience. I doubt that Ottawa will recruit Marcel or any other ex-CFL coach just because they are local guys. Just like Montreal, Toronto, Sask and most teams they will look south of the border for the best qualified coach available.

aside from Montreal Teams may have gone with coaches from south of the border but not until after they had been successful assistants at the CFL level. There is no way that a new Ottawa expansion team is going to hire a HC with no CFL experience.
Often times an expansion team in any sport will hire a certain kind of coach that knows the league and how it works to get things started and in order and up and running. Then moves onto a coach that can take them to the next level. A forward thinker with a cutting edge plan but the foundation much be made first

It is very rare for HC to get a second chance after being fired.

Paul Lapolice
Doug Berry
Ken Stubbler
Cortez
Joe Paopao
Marcel Bellefeuille
Danny Maciocia
Matt Dunnigan
Mike Kelly

Only guy I can think of who got another HC gig after being fired is Barker and it is because nobody wanted the job.

I can agree with that with only 8 teams for the better part of 2 decades it does not leave that many HC job openings and everyone is always looking for that next great young mind coming from OC or DC.
Marcel B. May not be hired but you can bet it will come from a current OC or DC in the league now