Marc Trestman's new book

Hi!

Marc Trestman's new book, entitled Perseverance: Life Lessons on Leadership and Teamwork came out today, and I was wondering if anyone here picked up a copy.

If so, how is it?

Stopped in at Indigo in Halifax and they don't have the book listed or available. They phoned headquarters and they don't have any plans to stock it right now. So anyone who wants the book outside of Montreal will have to order it through his site.

[url=https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=GgjbO9jm0JiA9VymouazntO7W5Y98-CrDrwVwW6HK9gOA_554AmeUTsXgQa&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9bd7371532d7fbae47438e81694aebe304b809bbf389850c4a]https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/websc ... f389850c4a[/url]

I'm going to have to visit my local Indigo store, because it's not even listed on their website yet.

I picked up a copy at Coach Trestmans book signing yesterday at the downtown Indigo here in Mtl. It was great to briefly talk to Trestman the person as much as the coach. Larry Smith, Jim Popp, a couple of assistant coaches, and a couple of players (Josh Bourke) were also there. As for any hard news, Jim Popp said that both sides were working hard to make his deal happen. And apparently Andrew Hawkins wont be ready for the start of camp, but should be O.K. to start the season.
Ive only skimmed through the book as yet, but Coach Trestmans aim is to give his perception of what constitutes leadership based on his lifes journey. The last 2 chapters focus on his 2 years with the Alouettes, and the earlier chapters are full of NFL names. Two anecdotes that stick out are his 3 rules for handling the media that he tells his players every year, and a story on how he made the team show respect for Jacques the equipment assistant who received a game ball last year. The book is 280 pages and at 20 bucks is a steal. Dont know why its not on the Chapters/Indigo website, but its also available on Amazon. I highly recommend it.

I picked up a copy at Coach Trestman`s book signing yesterday at the downtown Indigo here in Mtl. It was great to briefly talk to Trestman the person as much as the coach. Larry Smith, Jim Popp, a couple of assistant coaches, and a couple of players (Josh Bourke) were also there.
I am [i]SO[/i] jealous!!!

I wanted to go to the book signing, but was at work all day. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:.

Thanks for the info though.

I'll probably pick up a[n unsigned :frowning:] copy on Monday.

I can sign it for you :lol: