malveaux an eskie

Im gonna miss Fred Perry…my favorite defensive player on the eskies…but funny story

after the game against Winnipeg last year i saw Malvaeux at the bar called oil city here in Edmonton and I told’em if he wants to win he better sign his a$$ in Edmonton and he laughed and said ‘’ i go where da money at baby’’ kinda ironic anyways good to have him…but really gonna miss Fred!

fricken guy is washed up! he's old.

Arguably the best DB from Winnipeg and is a very solid addition to the Esks' secondary! :thup: Perry was not the greatest last season apart from the playoffs, so I have trouble understanding why Winnipeg would make this trade. But I wish him success with the Bombers, as he was amongst my favourite defensive players.

Also am hearing on other forums that Kitwana Jones from Sask has been traded to Edmonton for 4/5th string QB Juan Joseph. Another solid move if true, and the Esks' defence is starting to look pretty deadly IMO.

Not the greatest? You do recall he missed 11 1/2 games due to a broken leg? That said, Fred is getting old (breaking one's leg won't help) so I see this as a good move for Edmonton. Especially after obtaining Kitwanna for a bag of jock straps.....
The CFL website lists Malveaux as a non-import. That isn't correct is it? Winnipeg's site says import.

Winnipeg will be fielding the oldest team the CFL has seen in probably decades. They have a lunatic at the helm.

One aging vet for another aging vet…I suppose who wins the trade will depend on how much gas is left in either tank.

Water under the bridge I suppose, but I guess we would all agree that over his career, Perry has been the superior player to Malveaux…but that’s the past. In addition, they play different positions, so if they both have decent years then both teams will end up being happy.

But, looking at it from Edmonton’s viewpoint, the Esks traded away Shabazz (ironically to Winnipeg) and have now acquired Malveaux. They got Kai Ellis in the Shabazz deal, and now have traded Perry for Malveaux. So combining the two trades, it’s Perry for Ellis at DE, and Shabazz for Malveaux in the secondary. I don’t see those exchanges as being in Edmonton’s favour. Personally, I’d prefer Perry to Ellis, and Shabazz to Malveaux. Advantage Winnipeg, in my opinion.

Actually you've just described that Winnipeg at best is just threading water. The problem they are going to have is that with this many changes it will take time for everyone to learn to work together. Bombers aren't good enough to take half a season to get competitive. There are teams like Montreal and Saskachewan that are so stacked that they will possibly be releasing some excellent players but again that will be after training camp. So far on paper, Winnipeg looks like the weakest team in the league by a fair margin at this point.

No experience at QB
Make shift Oline made from discarded parts.
Still weakest kicking game in the league.
Weak and shallow secondary.

Positives
Good group of receivers
Good running backs
Possibly a decent front seven

...you forgot somewhat trampy cheerleaders too... :smiley:

Fixed :slight_smile:

No experience at QB
Make shift Oline made from discarded parts.
Still weakest kicking game in the league.
Weak and shallow secondary.

Positives
Good group of receivers
Good running backs
Possibly a decent front seven
Trampy Cheerleaders

That is an added benefit.....

At least they're not dudes, like the Eskimos have :lol:

Yes! How weird is that?

Got something against tramps ? :wink:

I like the trade, only because Brown & Williams are 100 years old and the more quality guys we can rotate in the better.

So they add another 34 year old? What happened to all this talk of Murphy recruiting and keeping draft picks ? Seems to me Kelly says things and then does completely the opposite. This amount of player movement before he's even met most of these guys is likely to create misstrust with the players. I can't wait to see Kelly hit the field with HIS team.

...a lot of changes for sure....doesn't neccesarily mean your fileding an inferior product....Perry for Malveaux....I believe the Bombers got the better player....I just have to go back to the playoffs last year and recall Perry picking off Glenn and waltzing it into the end-zone...His leg didn't seem to be bothering him then... also a nasty guy on qbs....Malveaux...very versatile is his best quality...and solid for the BigBlue for a few years...however ..as far as total abilities and best at what they do....Adantage Perry... :wink:

Couple things. The Riders dumped Perry because he owed money to players, now Edmonton dumps him a year later. Azhole light yeah right...

The other thing most people would think that the Winnipeg backfield needs more help then the front seven, no?

i think this is the first ever thread i started that had two pages!!....wow good for me..but knowone liked my story..thats ok...i did lol..

Before and after his leg injury in the regular season, he was basically non-existent and was providing only limited pressure on the QB. It was not until the playoffs that he started playing at the level that the Esks hoped he would, with the INT in the winnipeg game and a few sacks IIRC. If he continues to play at the level he did in the playoffs, then this trade obviously looks good for the bombers, but I would bet against him continuing that level of play. This trade doesn't seem to make much sense from Winnipeg's perspective as they seem to have lots of talent up front on defence, but were lacking in the secondary.

Actually it was Crandell who owed Fred the money. He never owed anyone anything, except creditors. That also has nothing to do with his on field play. His leg was broken in a freak accident by his own team mate, and when he came back he was awesome in the playoffs. I do agree with you about the bombers needing DBs, they're front 7 was solid before, but it also just got better.

....no way, I like trampy cheerleaders in the positive column....

...as for the trade itself, I can't quite put my finger on the expression I was thinking of to describe it, for both teams.....something about Titanic and deck chairs...it'll come to me....